Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    not really Schwagggggggg, just "essential supplies" and some "due wear and tear" replacements really

1 set of Sidi replacement Heel pads for the Disco Slippers.
    1 set of Shimano Yellow SPD cleats.
    6 Conti Inner Tubes (I've had a bit of a run on punctures due to a knackered rim-tape)
    1 Replacement Rim Tape (see above)
    2 sets Puncture Patches and a large tube of vulcanising media (okay, glue!) (again, see above... )
    1 box of 24 CO2 cartridges (on special offer, roadside repairs, for the use of...) (yet again, see above)

Possibly the 2 least keenly awaited deliveries of anything bike related I've had in years...

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    New Shimano Unzen 2L hydration pack. I'm going to try this method out over bidons for MTB.

ucmm657q6jre.png
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    K-Edge Garmin/Go-Pro mount for the road bike. My old K-Edge was too short to allow easy access to the buttons on the bottom of the Garmin Edge 520 and I can't stand the flexy plastic Garmin mount I've been using for the last few months.

1rfml6kgeezw.jpg
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ufmpvxcxeal5.jpg

Got the BF his very first jersey. It matches his Coffin socks. I hope he'll wear it. You men sometimes take some convincing to wear clingy spandex.

• matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Some serious #Ridley track love showed up today !!

yykdlumb7g0k.jpeg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    All the way from the nice Shirt Fakers at Stadium East road no 32 Su Gongfei 510620 D7...

pvfeorrx19w1.jpg
    qb8akgl9sbra.jpg
    39ux6hr0kzu5.jpg
    t6eatu2xr1je.jpg
    tqieewhgyjc8.jpg
    utntsbykjpq4.jpg

small consignment of cheap summer riding shirts... Okay, they're not exactly Santini/Pearl Izumi quality - but the material is half decent quality - the stitching is neat, tidy, properly finished/ovelocked, the zippers are reasonable quality and the cut of the fabric pattern is half reasonable - they all share one fault - the neckline is apparently made for someone with a neck no narrower than their head - I've not exactly got a thin/scraggy neck, but they definitely flap a little on me. But, I have to say for under £40 delivered for the three I'm not feeling short-changed. Yes, they're obviously "knock offs" but provided the colour doesn't run the first time they go in the washing machine, I reckon they're okay by me...

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'll be needing a new windproof jacket, a new SS Jersey and a new compression top. All of which were cut off either on the roadside or in hospital last night :'(
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    I'll be needing a new windproof jacket, a new SS Jersey and a new compression top. All of which were cut off either on the roadside or in hospital last night :'(

No new Stainless Steel or Titanium Bits to brag about then ?

• narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options

How is the bike? How is the bike? Oh my god I hope it's unhurt!
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »

The bike is suprisingly unscathed; scuffed bar tape, scuff on the left hand brake lever, scuff on the left hand pedal & that's about it... Front wheel has a very slight buckle, but not enough to worry about...
  • narak_lol
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »

The bike is suprisingly unscathed; scuffed bar tape, scuff on the left hand brake lever, scuff on the left hand pedal & that's about it... Front wheel has a very slight buckle, but not enough to worry about...

Good to know one less thing to worry - race ready as soon as you get on the saddle B) . So weird a few friends crashed badly but the bikes were literally unscratched.

Wishing you a super speedy recovery, missing you already - Strava is just not the same without you.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Belgian inspired bike forever ink. Cross is coming....l25nq7spasxc.jpeg
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    After yet another crash & another 'bang' to the helmet. I've had to buy another new lid...

HECAAERD-UNJ_P1.jpg

HECAAERD_P5.jpg

Down from £79.99 to £29.99, so I snatched their hand off...

The Mojito isn't bin fodder yet as it isn't structurally damaged (i.e. cracked like the last one was after I tried re-modeling the road with my face), but better to be safe than sure...
  • narak_lol
    Options
    Shopping is a good therapy :D
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Well since I bought a new bike this year the last thing i bought was all the stuff I set it up with. Bontrager Rack, Axiom Typhoon 45L panniers, Fenders, new Kryptonite Lock, Mirror (since stolen) new Bell. Next thing will probably be a better light system but no rush because i ride in daylight right now and the old lights work still
    for me it's all about commuting and living in the city. I've got a car and getting to work is definitely faster that way, but i am determined to only do that when i need the car for work. Downtown where i live it's actually faster and way cheaper for me to get around by bike (but the odds on theft increase dramatically (and with the advent of cheap battery powered grinders there is no foolproof method to beat the thieves)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I always forget to take photos but I got some new pedals, cleats, cleat covers and chamois cream. Just the low tier shimano PD-R540 pedals since all of my pedal bearings tend to wear out fast on the right side. An upper level pair I tried once seemed no different in terms of wear longevity.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    New summer commute bags have arrived. tlq9gwbnb1oe.jpg
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Got a great deal on a new pair of shoes ($60) and they match my bike!
    SIDI-11312427410-1.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    oooh - snakeskin paintjob bike... now that's worthy of a photo, surely ??

• narak_lol
    Options
    New shoes here too :o Almost as comfortable as a pair of sneakers - will use them for longer rides/in bad weather conditions. The insoles are too soft to my liking so I switched them with the S-works insoles. It turns out to be a good solution as I find the SW6 shoes are too stiff if I am out more than half a day.

vv7fiu0jkx64.jpg