16 Week Goals and Progress

12346»

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    I'm FINALLY seeing some progress on the scale. More importantly I'd already lost a few inches, but it's nice to see that reflected on the scale too. It's not much, but it's something, and that's enough to keep me motivated.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Addie good for you! Inches matter a lot
  • Sixlees
    OK - so I am going to have to admit that I will not meet that next goal weight before my birthday... with only 5 weeks left and 14 pounds still to go it is not going to happen (not without some "fad" super fast weight loss strategy, I am not willing to go there - has to be real for me)... makes me sad and mad that weightloss has pretty much stalled. I have dedicated this next month to getting more rest - shooting for at least 7 hours per night instead of the 6 I have been getting - I did up my calories to 1440 per day instead of 1200. I was glad to see a 2/10 loss yesterday on the scale, I had not had any loss since April 24th and was very discouraged. I upped my calories on Thursday last week so we shall see what happens with that. I still want to see what I can achieve before my birthday - I am happy with a full 20 pound loss at this point in my personal challenge, if I go slow I believe that will increase my likelihood of this being a permanent change. I am still on the treadmill 6 days per week and in the gym 3 days per week. Waiting for our weather to get warmer so I can start getting outside more - had thundersnow yesterday... very interesting - looked like dipping dots icecream.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    @Sixlees I know how frustrating it is when the scale reductions slow down. I've been wanting 1lb a week but getting nowhere close the last couple of weeks. When I lost 0.2 in a week, despite being very active and sticking to my calories, I worked out at that rate it would take me 80 weeks to get to my target. Had a couple I'd bad food days this week so incorporating some fasting, be interesting to see how this affects the scale on Friday.

Seems like you have a good plan in place with extra sleep and changing your calories. I know you'll keep us informed as to how it goes so I'll keep an eye out for your posts.
  • Sixlees
    Measurement day again today. I am starting the Summer Sizzle challenge tomorrow so I took my measurements again, 15 days from when I did them last. While my weight is not down much, I have lost another 3 inches over all. It is satisfying to know that the work I am putting in is making a difference even if not on the scale right now. I am hoping that if I keep it up at some point the scales will tip in my favor, you know the "muscle burns fat" idea. New clothes are in my future for my birthday. We already have planned a trip to the city for a mall day as a celebration.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Congrats @Sixlees proud of you for losing the inches and for taking into account more than what the scale reflects! Well deserved shopping trip!!
  • Sixlees
    9a6o56i99j83.jpg
    Finally I get to post on of these pictures... goodbye 200s goodbye 190s and now goodbye 180s, may I never see you again!
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Congrats, that's so awesome! Proud of you!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Sixlees
    While it was nice to see that under 180 weight... for the last 3 weeks I have been hanging out at 180 or 181. I will check measurements tomorrow night or Wednesday to see if any change is happening there. I think I may be at my body's new set point? This is where I have been for just over 1 month now.
  • NaomiC1013
    NaomiC1013 Posts: 32 Member
    Everyone is doing so awesome!! Well done!! We're so close to the end of the challenge. One more week to go!

Looking back over the last 16 weeks has made me realize how far I've come mentally. It's not just about losing weight. It's about learning to love yourself no matter what and treating your body in the way it deserves, with respect. My attitude has changed. I don't hate my body. I don't even want to feed it crap. I'm building something stronger and healthier than ever and loving every minute. I was basically 172 pounds when we started this. I've lost 10 pounds so far and 5% body fat in just the last 6 weeks. I wish I had taken my body fat measurements at the beginning. I know I've gained muscle too, that's why I wish I had taken some other measurements other than just the weight on the scale. I'll post some comparison photos next week and I'm excited to see everyone else's too!! It's the final stretch!! We got this!!