BABIES

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat I hope the visit goes well!
    My nephew is pretty quiet. My niece, on the other hand, is like a fast running banshee (on occasion) but she's so cute and happy that you just can't help but smile. haha
    All kids are different and like Natasha said some are noisier than others. I think your husband will be fine.

@NatashaLP2014 You're welcome! :) and I appreciate you sharing your experience/story!
    I may go with a quiet announcement like that. I am a simple person so it would work. I don't know. I guess I have plenty of time to think on it. haha

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the info and encouragement ladies! I also think he will survive and he seems excited for their visit. I think the previous visit was so startling because those boys were otherwise very quiet. They both just had one very bad moment.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hahah wow I just logged in to see I missed 11 posts hahahah.

I'm am SUPER happy everyone will stick around :D And it makes sense too! We are probably all going to have some weight to lose after we have babies too haha. And maybe some of us are planning on more babies afterward (I know I am) so therefore we may still be "Planning for Pregnancy" teehee.

In terms of announcing... I will probably just keep it simple. I'm not very creative by nature lol. I would like to be able to tell my husband in a cute way - but the reality is he will probably be too "in the loop" to surprise him hahah. Maybe when I do the pee stick test, I will come out of the bathroom with a towel under my shirt and say "this will be me in a few months" - something suuuuper simple hahahaha.

My friends announced by working the announcement into a game and they secretly filmed us. So that was funny. They told their grandma by literally putting a hamburger bun in the oven and making her go on a treasure hunt. She could NOT figure it out though hahaha. Then they told their parents just by wearing a "baby on board" shirt and waiting for them to notice.

I'm going to be TTC in July.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie we were very chatty today :P :smiley:
    I plan on having more than one so I'll definitely be here for a long while! haha
    hahaha I vote for the towel idea!! :P
    Those are nice ideas too! :)
    July will be here before you know it!
    I already feel like time is flying by.

• VeryKatie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    LOL LOL So... my husband just came to sit beside me and saw me on the spreadsheet... and started asking questions... turns out I didn't mention that I run this group to him (don't tend to talk about weigh loss at home since people get sick of it and I've been trying since 2013 so it's old news)... you should have seen his eyebrows go up when I said I've been doing this since January hahahaha. But he was happy I've been trying so hard to stay healthy so that's nice.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie haha! that's funny. :) I find myself talking about MFP a lot so much so that I'm sure my boyfriend is tired of hearing about it. :D
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie that's really funny. My husband knows I'm working to lose weight but I honestly can't remember if I have told him I am part of this group. Probably not since he hasn't asked about it.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    One of my best friends just announced to me today that she is pregnant with her and her husband's first baby. I'm super excited for them! I am also pretty jealous hahahaha. In a good way though. They got married after us so I have little thoughts like "ah! You beat me to it!" lol. But I'm super happy for them and can't wait - and it means if I get pregnant as soon as we start trying that there will be a good friend's baby close in age which is AWESOME.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie That's awesome news!

My boyfriend and I had a surprise date night tonight and while at the restaurant there was a dad with his three sons. They were whining, generally unhappy and one was circling around the chairs and tables in the middle of the restaurant so I'm guessing they were all restless and ready to go. Anyways as they were getting ready to leave, I heard the Dad say hold on I have to pay the bill and shortly after I heard this little voice say Thank you! It just kinda melted my heart. Needless to say, my baby fever went into overdrive then. haha
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    So I'm kind of excited...
    Tomorrow marks the first day where I won't be using hormonal birth control in order to attempt to let my body kind of get back to "normal". We won't be trying until June/July but this still feels like a big change.
    At the same time I'm not looking forward to my symptoms worsening hahah.

Is that TMI? Probably..

So... an update on this... it's interesting but I seem to be finding it easier to stick to my calories.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

So... an update on this... it's interesting but I seem to be finding it easier to stick to my calories.

Hmm...perhaps your BC was increasing your appetite. It's a pretty common thing from what I've read.

• teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I hear you loud and clear.....I was always "trying to lose weight" and then when I went off birth control in February all of a sudden I had this great resolve and calories in calories out seemed to just get easier....I wondered if it was because subconsciously I had a shift in my thought process that " my health is no longer just about me.....I'm going to be providing a home for 9 month so I better get it sorted out!" Congrats though!! Bet you are feeling great xx
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Yes I think a lot of medications can increase hunger. That being said I did just have a 2400 calorie day. Thank goodness for that monthly average column. I can see why you ladies like it!

It is nice that it seems to be going easier finally. I agree with making the decision that health is not just about us if we plan for babies. It seems weird that almost as soon as I decided to stop trying to lose weight, it seems easier to do. So I think I will kind of go with the flow now. But will keep logging :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @VeryKatie haha I love the average column, I also have my own spreadsheet that has an average for the week as well as for my weigh ins. It's great. haha

I'm glad it's going easier for you! :)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie and @teegan84 I'm glad it's going more easily for both of you. I hear pretty often that birth control causes weight gain, so I wouldn't be surprised if it affects hunger for many women either constantly or during TOM. I suspect you are also both right about our mindsets changing when our health and bodies are no longer just about us.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Eeeee 4 to 6 weeks until we start trying :open_mouth:
    Getting excited!!
    That's only half a trimester's length!!!

So I have been eating badly the last 3 days... Gotta get back on track.

How's everyone else doing?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    That isn't long at all @VeryKatie and it's so exciting! :)

Why do you think you've been eating badly? Are you stressed?

I'm doing pretty good food/exercise wise. Life wise, I'm totally sucking right now - I don't know when I've become such a procrastinator. haha
  • puffbrat
    Options
    That's really exciting @VeryKatie! That time will fly by!

I am pretty well sucking at life at the moment. I'm going through a rough time emotionally, and my eating is suffering as a result. I am actually think about going on maintenance for a few weeks while I deal with my emotional health.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, I hope things get better!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Duplicate post because it decided to have a temper tantrum and stopped responding.