BABIES

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    That's really exciting @VeryKatie! That time will fly by!

I am pretty well sucking at life at the moment. I'm going through a rough time emotionally, and my eating is suffering as a result. I am actually think about going on maintenance for a few weeks while I deal with my emotional health.

I have definitely done the maintenance thing during times of high stress. I would recommend it - tracking even just loosely (anyone else find that sometimes tracking itself is the stress factor?). I hope you feel better :(
  • VeryKatie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That isn't long at all @VeryKatie and it's so exciting! :)

Why do you think you've been eating badly? Are you stressed?

I'm doing pretty good food/exercise wise. Life wise, I'm totally sucking right now - I don't know when I've become such a procrastinator. haha

I think... I'm just.. going on vacation before my vacation hahah. I don't necessarily equate my eating to stress (though there is some at work) so much as to just a simple desire to eat like I used to (CHIPS FOR DINNER!!!). It's not something I do too often... but it is the reason I've only maintained weight for the last year... or two... but now that I've come to terms with my weight and accepted that this is just fine at least the mental aspect (guilt) isn't as bad and I tend to get back on track easier (it used to take me months to get back onto healthy eating. Now it's a week or two at the most, sometimes it's just a couple of days).

It's likely hormonal too. Should be getting my TOM in a few days (at least I hope because then I won't have it for my trip lol).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie Oh i definitely understand both the wanting to eat like I used to and the hormonal crap.
    I've been doing better with it this month so hopefully I can keep it up.

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I didn't flag this group so it would save in my faves, so I keep forgetting to check in over here. Saved now!

I'm heading on vacation on Monday, so I'm trying be good the rest of the week. It's so tempting to just start vacation early and ease up on the exercise, and indulge a little. Lol I'm sure I will indulge enough on vacation so trying to hold on a few days more! I'm still on the downward trend as far as weight goes, but still a long ways to go.

I think our friends and family have all got baby fever or something....everyone keeps telling us it's about time we get started. We didn't tell anyone I was pregnant or miscarried earlier this year, I feel like if they knew that it would only increase the nagging to get started. Some real life stuff happened this month to one of my bf's family members that I think has just perhaps made him think about mortality, etc. and I think as a result it has increased his desire even more to start trying.

You're so close @VeryKatie , exciting! Lol I'll live vicariously through you!

Hope things turn around for the better @puffbrat
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yay! So close @VeryKatie ! I've got baby fever recently. My friend had a little baby boy, I lent her my moby wrap and was showing her how to use it. Oh he just looked so snuggly and squishy in there.

We plan on driving to Victoria this weekend to visit my Dad since he's coming in for work from Ont. I'm so excited and I'm totally going to eat everything! I haven't seen my Dad for about a year and a half.

Super excited though, this morning I hit 199.8! First time in years I've seen sub 200! I've had the most ridiculous woosh this past week and I keep waiting for it to jump back up to 205 where I was stick for about 4-5 weeks.

@puffbrat Nothing wrong with eating maintenance for a bit. It'll give you a bit more energy to focus on what's more important. And a good trial run for later too.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies!! I have high hopes that things are going to improve.

@NatashaLP2014 that's awesome you got below 200!!

Sounds like several of you have fun plans for the next couple weeks. I hope everyone has a great time. I'm really excited for my good friend and her family to spend this weekend with us. They are always fun to be around and it will be good for my husband and I to spend some time with their little boys.
  • VeryKatie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    *Sigh*

I am so impatient!! As I mentioned in a different thread, we started TTC while on our trip. At the end of the trip, I took a test, and it was negative, plus I'm 65% sure we missed the good window. But... a small (maybe medium) piece of me is hoping that since it was one of those early response tests, it could be wrong (since if you take it too far in advance it's only correct 60% of the time). My TOM should be coming either yesterday or up to 2 days from now (it's a little wild, hence making it hard to know if I took the test too early) and I just want to pee on a stick again!!! UGH! Why can't I just wait a few days hahahah. Those sticks are expensive and missing my TOM would be as much an indicator hahah.

So impatient. I'm dying hahaha.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I know the one early response test can be done up to six days before your missed period, I haven't seen any test for earlier than that but it says it should pick up scant amounts of HCG should there be any. Of course, being irregular, it's a whole different ball game but yeah, I think waiting until you miss your period would be best otherwise you're just going to drive yourself crazy and that can get tiring month after month.

Good luck! :)

• NatashaLP2014
    Options
    I never did the early indicator test personally, the failure rate seemed too high and I would have just taken another anyway. We tried for 5 months before getting pregnant with Rebecca and it's weird but I knew we had managed to hit the right timing that month before I even took the test.

I hope it works out @VeryKatie !
  • puffbrat
    Options
    I know how impatient I get to take a test when my period is late when not TTC even though it normally happens a couple times a year, so I can imagine how you feel now. I agree with WifiresGettingFit to wait until after you expect your period.

Just so you know, you can buy a bunch of tests way cheaper on Amazon than the ones in the stores. A friend let me on to that.

Good luck!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Hahahah Aunt Flow came to visit. So the PT was right. Oh well. Now we're back on our original plan of waiting until July to try anyway. But you guys are so right about the early PT! It doesn't really answer any questions. But if I decide to buy more, I'll definitely get them off of Amazon. Holy, price difference.
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So on the topic of babies....I have some news....have found out I am 4 weeks 4 days pregnant! Very early days still!! The doctor has given me guidelines to up my caloric intake to about 1750cals a day (maintenance) which is very hard!! I am having to be creative to get those extra cals in healthily! Have had a look over some other MFP groups for pregnancy etc and nothing has taken my fancy in terms of support and I would love to keep on recording each month with you ladies if you don't mind? This group has been so supportive and I think it will help me stay on track so I have a healthy pregnancy and not take on the "eating for two" mentality.....
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Aww! well at least aunt flo didnt keep you guessing too long.

I checked out amazon out of curiosity and definitely a huge price difference. Thanks @puffbrat for the tip!

OMG! @teegan84 Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! Im so happy for you! Of course we dont mind! I believe we had already decided to keep the group ongoing during/after pregnancy as most of us plan to have multiple pregnancies so itll be a neverending cycle. Haha Just make sure to update your info in the spreadsheet to reflect your new calorie goal if you havent already.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Congratulations @teegan84!! We would love for you stick with this group and keep us updated! Like Wifires said, I think we decided that we have a really awesome, strong group going and want to stick together even during TTC, pregnancy, and post-pregnancy.

@VeryKatie I'm glad you didn't have to stay in suspense too long. I'm glad I could pass along the Amazon tip. I was astounded by the price difference!
  • NatashaLP2014
    Options
    Awesome @teegan84! Congratulations! I love that you're sticking around and it sounds like a few more of us are going to as well.

And that is crazy how much cheaper the pregnancy tests are even on Canadian Amazon, wow!
  • VeryKatie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    teegan84 wrote: »
    So on the topic of babies....I have some news....have found out I am 4 weeks 4 days pregnant! Very early days still!! The doctor has given me guidelines to up my caloric intake to about 1750cals a day (maintenance) which is very hard!! I am having to be creative to get those extra cals in healthily! Have had a look over some other MFP groups for pregnancy etc and nothing has taken my fancy in terms of support and I would love to keep on recording each month with you ladies if you don't mind? This group has been so supportive and I think it will help me stay on track so I have a healthy pregnancy and not take on the "eating for two" mentality.....

TEEGAN!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm super excited for you!!

Please stick around, I intend to when I'm in your shoes.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Congrats @teegan84 ! Exciting!!

I think I have major baby fever now lol, but still a month to go to be safe IF we were ready to try. I think we're trying to squeeze in one more island trip...it'll be to a Zika effected area, so that will reset the time where my doctor says we shouldn't try. So more often than not we probably won't be trying this year if we do another vacation. My weight loss has kinda stalled so as far as waiting longer goes, that's good it'll give me more time to try and lose more weight.

I've gotta start using the spreadsheet here!!!!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @teegan84 How is pregnancy treating you so far? I'd love to hear some experiences.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @teegan84 ! Please do stick around and keep us posted with your pregnancy. We can live vicariously through you
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Ffs. I've typed response 4x and had it wipes while ony ohone. I'll update later.

Welcome back @VeryKatie ....July is right around the corner!