Meticulous May?

Options

Replies

• SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Jan93L wrote: »
    Yes after several days of restricting carbs " meticulously " I have finally gotten under 150. 148.9 this morning! What a whoosh! Thanks for the encouragement.

Congratulations! This is a fight and really hard. It is so nice that we have MFP people that are going through the same challenges to help encourage and support us! Great job!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    CW: 133.6
    Cals: Under, if Fitbit is estimating correctly. ;) (I didn't eat all my exercise calories.
    Carbs: Only 24 net, which is low for me.
    Exercise: Over 10,000 steps.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Still logging meticulously, but I ate a donut at a retirement celebration at work this morning. Those donuts just looked so good, I couldn't resist.

Starting tomorrow, I will be on vacation for almost the rest of the month. I will rarely be able to log in, won't have a cell signal much and need to conserve my data (I only get 250 MB when roaming). I will be hiking a lot, probably running a little. I'm going to avoid carbs as much as I can - have made some soul bread to pack along with peanut butter, jerky, meat sticks, and tuna pouches. I will be driving between destinations and only have 1 over-night hiking trip... the rest are day hikes. When eating fast food on the road between destinations, I'll ask for no bun and low carb options instead of fries. Subway salads have become a go-to at home, so it should be a good option while traveling too.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Checking in: Back to my low weight...for some reason when I hit a new low I bounce above it for a full week or two until I see it again. Frustrating but it is what it is. The addition of yogurt and berries several nights this week seems to be working okay for me. Exercise was good this week. I'll probably take a rest day today. My waist measurement was smaller this morning so that was exciting!
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Got to 148.3 this morning. Doin better! Thanks!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    SW: 153.4
    Maintenance goal range: 129-132
    CW: 132.9, woot! Moving in the right directions.

Today cals were a little over (still under maintenance) but net carbs within goal range. I chose go a little over this evening for an LCHF treat to counteract the temptation from junk my H made. :p It's his birthday weekend so there will be some temptations, but fortunately his chosen birthday meal centers around steak (like mine did 2 weeks ago ;) )!

Exercise, I did 45 mins of PT. Feeling weak and sore today so I wasn't able to push quite as hard as usual.

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Past couple of days have gone very well. Under carbs and calories.

@anglyn1 - the same thing happens to me re seeing a new low, then taking a couple weeks to see it again. But before I know it, the new low shows up again, and more often! I saw 143 a couple weeks ago... waiting for it to show up again :D maybe next week!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @tlflag1620 I just stay patient with the process. I'm down 26 lb so it's working albeit slowly! :)
  • macchiatto
    Options
    The soup I made for lunch ended up being higher carb than I anticipated. Then I indulged a bit at DH's birthday dinner. Sigh. On the plus side I was still under 100gm carbs for the day. :tongue:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking even when off track, heh.

The husband and I went out to Wish You Were Beer last night and between samples, two four oz flights and a 16oz IPA (freaking amazing) I logged about 28oz of beer with an average abv of 7%. Absolutely crushed my carb limit, but I do love high quality locally brewed beer and around 500-750 cals worth every 3 months or so is manageable. Followed it with steak and salad with lots of ranch dressing and stayed within my calories, despite the beer carbage. It followed a week of really good keto-ing that was mostly steak, eggs and butter and one night with pork picnic shoulder.
  • SarahKratos
    Options
    I'm new to this and I have a few questions. Doesn't it take about 2 weeks to get into ketosis and just one bad carb day can derail it and you have to start all over? How do you know if you're in ketosis or not? I saw on Dr Oz ladies had strips they urinated on that turned purple where do you get those?

Thanks for any help with these questions!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was completely clean, LCHF for 40 days, so thought this May would be a breeze, then one late night, visitors et al, and I have been wayward.

Can I ask, how much time do you guys spend reading posts? I do not use social media, so don;t have tht regualr habit, and frequently struggle to prioritise checking in, and then I have a day or night where I sit and read posts. I find it quite inspiring and engaging, but it is quite new to me to spend so much time at it - today, maybe 90 minutes. Do you spend as much time on this site?
  • tlflag1620
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yesterday went well. Was planning, and had logged, a couple beers that I ended up not drinking :D so went back and edited my log. Have a wedding shower to go to this afternoon. Not sure what's being served, but I'll do my best to make good choices and come home and enter in my best guesses (not exactly "meticulous", but that's life).

@FitToLead - I spend an hour or so in the morning and another in the evening on MFP. It's entertaining lol. Sometimes, if I find more downtime during the day I'll read posts. It's a nice thing to do while I'm sitting around burning calories while nursing my nine month old :)

ETA - @anglyn1 - saw 143 two days in a row (yesterday and today)! Waiting to see if I see my next "new low" anytime soon :)
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I have finally managed to get myself back on track (thank god).

Meticulous May has been a complete bust for me really, but I'll be carrying on with meticulous June (couldn't think of a J, closest I got was "Dilligent June" on the basis that the sound is not dissimilar).

I have some glass tupperware arriving this week and I have my online shopping arriving on Friday including ingredients for 2 of caveman keto's recipes so at least I can have breakfast and lunch pre-made, with just dinner to fix when I get home (which is also planned out each day).

Planning is the key for me to stay on track, I think I will also make those scotch eggs that are floating about to have as a snack at work as I usually need to eat before my lunchtime training otherwise my strength just isn't as good.
  • tlflag1620
    Options
    SW (May 1): 146.4
    May 9:145.2
    May 16: 145.2
    CW (May 23): 144.6
    GW - 138-145

Saw 143 yesterday and the day before, but today's (official) weigh in was a touch higher. Progress is progress though. I did go to a wedding shower yesterday, and while I stayed within my carb limits, I was on the high end, so I'm thinking that pound is a pound of water that will come off in a day or two. Hope everyone is doing well! One more week to go :)
  • SarahKratos
    Options
    I really like having to be accountable it is helping me break through the one year yoyo plateau of the 20 pound gain back of my initial loss! Though I haven't been perfect I have been at least 95% of the time. And I am seeing a downward trend to my weight again. Thanks for creating this thread it is really helpful!