Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Suzy - as you know by now PM sent re surgery; when is it btw?

I can totally relate to the frustration ladies... I am actually working really hard at watching what I eathealthy wise and portion wise, and moving yet nada zilch nil on any loss.. I dug out all my summer stuff and can't fit into any of it which of course.. just adds to the frustration. But I keep reminding myself it CAN happen; I just have to stay consistent without sabotaging myself when the going gets tough.. still have my moments but I am DETERMINED to get rid of this excess weight again so i'm still using the "what do I want more" method too.. one day at a time with my eyes on the prize so to speak!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Oh, no, Suzy! sorry about the surgery. Sounds like it would be so frustrating...right here at summer. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    You're going to get it off, Suzanne. You are very determined in your efforts. It may just take a bit to fall off...You got this!!
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Snoozie! You can and WILL do this!! I have the same problem with my summer clothes but I refuse to buy a bigger size! We've done it before and we can do it again! This time for good!

(BTW, my surgery is June 6th...so happy early birthday to me! Haha!)
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Snooozie- Good for you for staying strong- I know all your hard work will eventually pay off.

Vailera- I gave up smoking about 4 years ago so I know what you mean about wishing there was an easy healthy alternative for stress release. But thank God we both kicked the habit - that's the best present we could have given to ourselves!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Morning Hatters!! Just back frm the lake; been on a course all week but starting on evening shift today so will have my mornings free again for walkies yay! Thanks for all the support... you guys rock.. frustrating yes but no other option but for us to all keeping working towards our goals right ladies?? will catch up over the weekend but wanted to pop in say hi and thanks!!
  • seehe
    edited May 2016
    Options
    TGIF!
  • seehe
    Options
    Snooozie wrote: »
    This is gonna be my motto this week!

uopcpiv4lwaz.jpg

Love love love this Snooozie- yes I know I'm delayed in seeing it posted lol
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So, just heard from my dr regarding A1C. Not good. Borderline diabetic. She wants to put me on metformin. Any thoughts? I want to have a discussion with her about giving me six months and try to get my number down without by choosing diet and exercise and see what she thinks. Maybe this will be what makes me get off my *kitten* and get my head on straight too... so bummed...
  • Snooozie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Oh Patrice..... I completely feel for you....and im sorry to hear about the diagnosis...

I still remember the day my doc said my A1C was 8.2 and had to go on metformin. here above 7 is full on diabetic) I was scared sh!itless quite frankly.. and I was really angry too.. and bummed... my doc actually warned me about some feelings that might crop up including denial, anger, depression, etc ... I brushed em off at the time but looking back now...it took a few months of rebellion and eating crap too before I started learning about the dangers of high blood sugar.. and I did indeed experience all those. I resisted and also asked for the six months grace period.. and she did but made me go to the diabetes day class... and when I learned what the disease does and how the blood sugar coursing thru your body aims for all your organs; I went on the metformin to protect myself while I was determined (and still am) to get off it again (seehe if you recall did succeed in getting off it - you might want to chat with her as well). I was only put on a "half dose" 500mg 2x a day... and even tho my A1C is now down to the 6 ish range.. my goal is normal which is 5ish.. im still on the metformin for the protection part until it gets down to normal - which I am determined it will. But its important to protect your organs as well while u do so... and its only a decision you and your doctor can make together...

but yes I DO think you CAN take those six months and get your A1C back to normal .... I truly do. Fear is a pretty damn good motivator in my opinion; its actually what brot me here to MFP originally, and sometimes its too easy to forget why I came here .. whatever you decide, know we will support your decision and help you any way we can.. the only unsolicited advice otherwise I have is learn as much as you can.. I wasted almost six months thinking "sugar" was the bad guy and reading labels for sugar, when in fact, its carbs that spike us (among other things but its the big culprit - simple carbs (white food lol) turn to sugar in our blood in a nutshell... and that sugar running around with nowhere to go since our pancreas wont take it, sends it off to our kidneys and eyes and anywhere else it can go... we need carbs of course, but complex carbs are the key and making sure you eat a protein or fat with all carbs (whether its cake or broccoli) helps slow down the release of the converted sugar as it has to get thru the protein or fat before it converts and releases ... so it help keep your blood sugar levels even all day and prevents the spiking which is what causes the damage.

That's really just an eyeball view as such; but its important to know what high blood sugar does to you when making your decision about the meds, and also in helping you reach your goal without it.... I promise I wont turn this into a diabetes discussion board any further LOL... and wont say anything else about it but if you want any help or info or resources let me know in a PM and i'll pass on the info... knowledge is power... and your best friend in fighting back ...

Hugs and let us know how you're doing with the emotional end of this as well k??

• PatriceMG
    Options
    Ha, they changed my 'rear end' to 'kitten'. lol Thanks for your input Snoozie. I'll be talking to the dr (she called me while I was on a tram in Alaska when I couldn't talk much) to see what my number was and get into a bit more detail about my options. What kind of side effects have any of you experienced with metformin?
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I had a bit of diarrhea the first two weeks if I recall....usually within 1/2 hr of taking the pill in the morning (weirdly the night one didn't bring it on) but certainly manageable and once my body got used to the meds, that disappeared. Some people apparently get weight loss on it too.. sadly I didn't get that side effect LOL. But have no side effects now.... I did see you post walking in Alaska I thought.. and commented but don't remember seeing a repy.. were you actually IN Alaska?? I am completely jealous - hope you had a fabulous time!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    p.s. they did the kitten thing to me once before too... I have NO idea why they picked kitten to replace butt tho LOLOL
  • seehe
    Options
    Patrice - sent you a private message :-)
  • PatriceMG
    Options
    I was in Alaska over the holiday weekend. Hiked to a couple of glaciers. Saw some sights. Surrounded by incredible beauty! Perfect weather. Just a quick trip but well worth the red eye flights in both directions B)
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies, things seem different on the board how is everyone doing?
  • seehe
    Options
    Patrice- wow Alaska sounds breath taking!!!

Milove- doing Ok, trying to get back into the swing of things one step at a time without too many steps backward !!! How are you doing ?9
  • seehe
    edited June 2016
    Options
    OMG - we have been spoiled with a nice cooler spring of temps in 80's and low to mid 90's. It's my husbands and my 12 th anniversary this weekend so we booked a room at a resort at Dove Mountain just outside Tucson, so I went to check the weather for the weekend and YIKES

6xletjn98z42.jpeg

• Snooozie
    Options
    O M G Susan...

i'm pretty sure even HELL isn't that hot!! :o
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Haha...That is probably true, Snoozie! Susan!! I know they say it is dry heat and not as muggy as here in Mississippi...but Hot is Hot, Girlfriend... Keep cool and ENJOY!!