What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Today I'm 7.2 (129.6) I finally got in to see the endocrinologist this morning. Blood pressure, excellent! Weight, on the way down! She said my blood sugars are good since my A1C is 6.5%, to be retested this month with my own doctor. She said if my sugars go below 5(90) I can reduce my glicycide.
    BIG ADVICE, is not to compare to anyone else, since we are all individual, and that my sugars are my 'normal' and unless they go back up to where they were last year, in the 29's(500's), even though I only have 50% of my pancreas, it's still making enough insulin, it just may not know what to do with it.
    So, I guess I'm doing something right after all, so I have a new spring in my step this morning.

Sorry for rambling.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Great news @judyvalentine keep up the good work. :)
  • JeffS435
    JeffS435 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was 66 this morning and 100 the day before.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    6.4 (115.2)
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    89 :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    155. Awful.
  • sheila52260
    sheila52260 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Sheila, 56 y/o, living in Asheville, NC. Dx with Type 2 in April after flirting with it for a couple of years. I've been on multiple combinations of Metformin and after being miserable for 6 weeks I've been moved to Jardiance. I was 127 this morning, and usually I'm between 90 and 110 in the afternoon when I check - yesterday 88. I'm struggling with this whole transition, finding it's easier to keep my #'s where they are supposed to be if I just don't eat, which I know isn't right either. I'm not a veggie lover, and definitely not a seafood eater, and all I'm finding is veggie/seafood options. Ideas? Tips?
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    120 before sleeping but 134 at rising. need to fix the dawn phenomenon but so far no luck
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Sheila, 56 y/o, living in Asheville, NC. Dx with Type 2 in April after flirting with it for a couple of years. I've been on multiple combinations of Metformin and after being miserable for 6 weeks I've been moved to Jardiance. I was 127 this morning, and usually I'm between 90 and 110 in the afternoon when I check - yesterday 88. I'm struggling with this whole transition, finding it's easier to keep my #'s where they are supposed to be if I just don't eat, which I know isn't right either. I'm not a veggie lover, and definitely not a seafood eater, and all I'm finding is veggie/seafood options. Ideas? Tips?

Well, I like a chicken fajita (homemade) on whole wheat tortillas. The occasional top sirloin steak with mushrooms and sweet potato.
    A fritata with peppers, mushrooms, onions, low fat cheese and eggs.
    I eat a lot of chicken and fish.
    Hope this helps a little.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    JeffS435 wrote: »
    I was 66 this morning and 100 the day before.

Isn't this getting dangerously low? In my terms (Canadian) that would only be 3.6!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    96, three days in a row.
  • phxteach
    Options
    congratulations, dixie_amazon !
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    7.4 (133.2)
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    90 :)
  • phxteach
    Options
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    85 fasting, 74 after breakfast (2 hours)
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheila.

I have found that chicken breast is a lot more versatile when I marinate it. The marinade flavors are based on final recipe.

I have used Italian style dressings, soy sauce with lemon juice & spices for asian style dishes,
    soy sauce, lime juice and cilantro for Mexican style, buttermilk &/or plain yogurt and spices for Greek or Mediterranean dishes. Lots of options.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was 134 & today was128...a little higher than I usually experience
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    7.1'(116.8)