Lottie's Fitness Journal

Options

Replies

• LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @Quzzdragon12 I love my new job. My feet had to adjust to cement floors I bought some cute cushy shoes. I work 7:00 AM to 11:45 AM which I love to get off early but the start time is a little earlier than I ever worked before. It was supposed to be two days a week but last week I had three days. Have to be careful not allowed to make much with me collecting my husbands social security.

We've hit a real cold spell here. It's the weirdest spring I've ever seen. I'm not eating much cause I'm not exercising. I've been thinking about buying the "Cize" program, it looks fun. Have any of you tried it?????
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hey Lottie, I have never tried Cize but when I was looking at programs I researched it. I'm not the dancing sort but I can tell you that anything by Shawn T will be an excellent workout. It will be a real tough workout but if your into dancing I bet it would be a lot of fun. If it's anything like T25 was DO NOT buy it from the beachbody website, you can most likely find it for much cheaper on Amazon. The only thing is if you are looking to get sponsored by a beachbody coach then you are going to want to buy the program from one of them. Keep in mind that a beachbody coach will try and sell you shakeology and they run around $4 a shake.
  • Quzzdragon12
    Quzzdragon12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It got cool here too - I love it :tongue: Nice change from the humid hot of Florida. Those sound like nice work-hours. Home by lunchtime. :) Glad you found some shoes that make it easier on you. Good shoes are SO important.
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I think the weather is going through the change of life. Here in Australia we are smashing records left right and centre with how hot it is. It's really weird. It's getting cool overnight and sometimes we need the heater but during the day it is getting so hot we need the air conditioning on cool. When i'm working overnight i usually just have a singlet and my pj bottoms on and maybe a light jumper around 3am. They told us tonight we are going to have a warm winter. I was shattered because i love the cold....lol.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a beachbody coach, I recommend Victoria2448, she's nice and not overly pushy, but will coach if you ask for help and she always posts the beachbody sales which are usually pretty good.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Well I don't know why but I went into relapse. I didn't log food for the long weekend. I haven't exercised and I'm in a bad funk!!! This isn't me, my shorts from last year are falling off me. This is going to motivate me every time I wear them. The weather has been great FINALLY. I'm lonely during holidays everyone has family around and I don't. They did a slideshow Sunday at church if the members that passed away this past year. I sent a picture of my husband while he still looked healthy. I didn't know but they had family light a candle. I cried durning the gym, I miss him so much.

I'm posting the picture of him.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
  • Kell2912
    Options
    awww Lottie. I wish i could come over and give you a great bit hug. Its ok to feel like this. Actually its quite normal. The important thing is you recognise it and accept it and then pick yourself up and keep moving. Cherish the memories you have of your husband and let them motivate you to be healthy.
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    Sending you HUGE HUGS and lots of love!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I am so emotional right now for you, this tore at my heart strings. *HUGS* *HUGS* *MORE HUGS*
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit,@Quzzdragon12,@kell2912 Thanks for caring!!! I went to nutricianist today. Weighed in and had gained weight. We talked and made a list of things I need to do this month. I had logged every day up until last month. I am going to succeed this month. My wedding anniversary is this month. I need to reach out and do something just not sure what. I don't want to be Debbie Downer for someone else, but I also need support. My nutritionist has good things to say about this site and the support we get from other members. I think I will call someone in my grief group, they've each had to face this so it may be easier with them. I only gained .9 lb. this month so I should be able to get it off this month.
    I will try to be on this site more this month too, because its accountability will help me. Here is the list of things we talked about. In order to achieve what we talked about I need to complete 5 items from the list.

1. Check YMCA for swim classes
    2. Work out with DVD's
    3. MFP- log food daily & journals
    4. Walk
    5. Grief group
    6. Neighborhood swim pool
    7. Gym
    8. Weigh in once a week
    9. Eat more salads and reach calorie goals

I think these are reachable, my main problem has been my motivation which I haven't had any. Not any more!!!!

• Kell2912
    Options
    hey Lottie glad to see some of the fighting spirit come back. You know a good mood is like a muscle, the more you exercise it the bigger it gets and easier it is to maintain. That's not to say you can't have days when you're feeling lousy not at all but on the days you're feeling good run with it and do as much as you can and try and take that feeling into the next day. It also helps to deal with the not so good days when they happen. You have some awesome strategies there and I think contacting someone from your grief group is a brilliant idea. We are all here for you but there's nothing like the comforting words from someone who "knows" what it's like. Keep going hon, i'm really pulling for you xxx
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    I was going to say something, but I think @Kell2912 hit it right on the nose. You don't have to be positive every day, or motivated every day, but the more you try to be, the easier it will get. I really think finding a pool that works with your financial abilities and schedule will help out - especially now that the warm summer months are here.

Also, if you're looking for some different food ideas, I found slenderkitchen.com/ has some great ideas and lots of low-calorie options.

Going out with someone from your group is a great idea and your goals look like you're heading in the right direction. Rooting for you!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I'm here for you! I know you can do this! (I am not positive everyday nor am I motivated every day but I show up every day and sometimes that has to be enough.) This isn't an all or nothing journey and there will always be bad days. It's normal. As long as you keep trying - keep moving forward, you're never failing. *HUGS*

• LottieStanley
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It's been too long. I just got back from a trip to Oregon to see my daughter. I have promised her I would keep up my walking routine that I started at her house.

I need to keep this up. I plan to start logging food again and get this weight off. Tomorrow I will weigh and see where I stand.

It was a year ago that my husband passed away, it's really starting to get better. I am stronger than I ever thought I could be.

I have my first tattoo. It's in memory of my husband. I had it done in Portland at the same tattoo parlor as Amy in Little People Big World. It does hurt and I couldn't watch, I hate needles. This is my first and last one.

My goals:

Walk at least 10,000 steps
    Workout at gym twice a week

• LottieStanley
    Options
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Love the tattoo, glad to see you back Lottie! I'm glad things are getting easier for you! *HUGS*
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    It's beautiful. Glad to hear you're doing so well!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Well I’m back again. I have been exercising again this past month not as regular as I was before but I’m starting the process.

I wish this wasn’t so hard. The first journey I was so focused I logged everything exercised everyday and I lost the weight. I stayed at goal until my husband became sick.

I know this works. Why can’t I get on board??? I hate my body, I can barely look in the mirror below the neck without clothes.

It’s like I’m self sabotaging myself and I don’t know why. I am taking the first step which is coming back to this site.

I see you all have made some great strides I’m so glad for your successes. I hope maybe that will be me soon!!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Glad to see you back Lottie! I think that question "Why can't I get on board?" has a complex answer, at least I know it does for me. You aren't alone.

I'm glad you checked in and I look forward to seeing more post from you! =)