Skinny people shouldn't give fat people weight loss advice.

Options
walker1world
walker1world Posts: 259 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
If you never had problems touching your toes, or never had a waist over 42 inches. Then I kindly ask you keep your opinion to your self. Lol, yes I am joking kind of.

I do get frustrated with hearing 23 year old hard bodies that haven't had to deal with real weight try to push the calories in calories out mantra. They have no clue what they are talking about they might as well say your fat cause your lazy.

I am sure I was the same way when I was young playing football and running track. Thinking I knew the key to fitness. Lol look at me now.

Drew Manning was one of those peronal trainers that was in great shape pushing people because he thought they were just weak. Then he gained 70 lbs on purpose to see what it was like. He sings a whole new tune now. He wrote a book about it call fit2fat2fit.

What do you think?

Replies

• walker1world
    Options
    I definitely think that CICO makes so much sense to people who are and have always mostly been fit because they have no issues with carbs. I think the issues with carbs start only after we manage to put on some weight (get a fat liver) and the sensitivity changes. It's possible for someone to look fit, but also develop that problem. But they continue to out train the problem until they simply can't anymore.

Thanks for the feedback
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    It's easy to find the <Ignore> button.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »
    (...)As far as advice... when I'm asked about how I dropped the extra weight , my answer is "no sugar-no flour- no rice- no pasta" . Everyone loves that answer, they already know, (...).

This is my answer too. If they insist, I may add "lots of eggs, avocado and plenty of olive oil". It's easier to build up on what people already believe.

::flowerforyou::
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Lots of people who were born on third base think they hit a triple :D.

... or think they're only halfway to first. :(
  • walker1world
    Options
    Cryren8972 wrote: »
    I just try and remember that one day, they may end up in my shoes. When that happens, maybe my example will help them then.
    I know I've had to eat some crow.
    I hated the low carb craze for years.

Great thought. Thanks for sharing
  • walker1world
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    How true Walker! I used to hate people, that never have been fat, when they look down at you thinking that you're lazy and that's why your fat. These are the people that eat whatever they want and never gain an ounce, and you just look at food and gain 3 lbs...

The other day, I purchased some 60 & 80 lbs bags of concrete at the home improvement store. I had to lift them to put in my cart and again into my trailer and again out of trailer. I thought I was going to die moving them. Then it dawned on me that I weigh 100 lbs less than I did 2 years ago. No wonder I couldn't do anything 2 years ago.

Now if one of those skinny 20 somethings say a word, I'll tell them that I'll go to the hardware store and buy a bag of concrete and we will strap it to their stomach (front side) and tell them to exercise, run, and bend over and pick up things!! That would be a sight to see.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    v1bk0hqkhxv5.jpg

I will remember this one Dan. Thanks