Am I the only one that finds it difficult to eat more?

Options

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You must have appeared as one serious GC'r, dress and rain and crutches, oh my! :o
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You are such an example of determination! Wtg in not stopping doing what you really love!
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Weight = 285.4
    up- .8 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1893
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2366
    Average calories = 1999

I really thought I was gonna hit that TDEE this past week, but I guess I didn't eat as much as I thought I did. Oh well, there's always this week! At least I'm not still fighting with that 1500 calories anymore. :smiley:

Rick asked me yesterday, after the monthly family lunch at my Dad's, if I wanted to go for a ride wherever the Jeep took us. Of course I said yes! We ended up at a local ghost town. Who knew there were ghost towns in NY, right? Well there is and one of them is about an hour from us. It's Seneca Nation territory and the State of NY forced everyone to move out in the 1980's. The buildings are all gone, but the road structure is still intact. It's in sad shape, but still there and derivable. Anyway, it seems like every time we go there there is a thunderstorm warning back here at home, and this time was no different, except that there were two severe thunderstorm warnings! Luckily there was no damage this time. Last time a bridge was washed out near our house by a flash flood. I still have to download the pictures off my camera, but when I do, I'll share them here.

Thank you for sticking with me on my journey. :smile:
  • scaryann1
    Options
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Wow, beautiful scenery!
    Good job on increasing your calories!
  • scaryann1
    Options
    I know I'm a day early, but today just felt like the day to update.

Weight = 284.8
    Down- .6 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1890
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2363
    Average calories = 1926

Weight - April 286 pounds / Today 284.8 pounds -1.2 pounds
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Today 19.25 inches - 1.25 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Today 28 inches - 2 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Today 56.25 inches - 1.75 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Today 49 inches - 2 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Today 46 inches - 2 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Today 12. 25 inches - .75 inches

I wasn't going to put any measurements here because I was so embarrassed by them, but I just realized that instead of being embarrassed I should be proud instead. So here they are.

Do you ever wake up and just feel smaller, this was how I felt yesterday, that was why I wanted to update today instead of tomorrow. Look what less than a month can do!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Look at those great results!

And beyond just that - look at your energy levels and activity levels.

And while true some of that is coming back to bite because of current health issues, I'm sensing you'd rather hurt some because of getting to do something you enjoy - rather than hurt just because of daily life (and maybe not even much of that!).
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome update!! Look at those measurements go down!!!! No need to feel embarrassed at all, you are rocking this!!

And yes, many of us have those moments where we just wake up and feel leaner/smaller:) They become more frequent as you progress through your journey..

Have you considered writing a journey post for the EM2WL site? I think you might want to consider writing one to help encourage others:)

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • scaryann1
    Options
    I've started a post for the forums there, and I am working on writing something for the website. I also have a ongoing story about my life and fighting for a diagnosis on watpad. I always said I wanted to write when I grew up, little did I know how much I'd be writing. Now if I could get some ring slints, I could write faster. LOL :smiley: If anyone has an interest in my story besides my weight loss you can find me on watpad as maryanncarpenter my story's called "My Personal Fight with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome" Reads and votes are always welcome, as are comments.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Scaryann, I'm so glad you posted on the EM2WL site! I can't wait for your journey story for the site. I checked out the watpad and again, I can't stop saying how impressed and inspired I am by you. You are an amazing fighter!
    Thanks for sharing with us!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    Options
    I'm not doing much today thanks to being exhausted from yesterday, so I'm sharing some pictures from out trip to Kershy, PA to get a part for our Jeep and finding two geocaches on our way. I do wish the site would resize them, I always forget to.oyajk0zj14ch.jpg
    y0xfmdjtkymg.jpg
    5n9d9h91acp0.jpg
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Wow, such interesting sites to see! Great finds! Hope you feel more rested tomorrow.
  • pamatc2
    pamatc2 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    "Do you ever wake up and just feel smaller..."@scaryann1 - absolutely! I love that feeling. Hoping to get it back soon. I have to say with eating more, I do have more energy and have been feeling stronger. The weight isn't coming off fast and the scale is barely moving, but I'm feeling so much better, stronger.

I'm no longer wondering if I can eat so much food because, yes, I can and it's easy now! My body wants the food and I feel tired and hungry if I don't eat it. I can tell my metabolism has moved from a snail's crawl to a nice jog! Excited to see what happens when it's sprinting! :)
  • scaryann1
    Options
    pamatc2 that's awesome! I know what you mean about the scale not moving as fast as you'd like, but I'll take the smaller clothes and the added energy! Although I may have to buy stock in crutch tips. LOL This wearing out a set every other month is going to get expensive. :wink:
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Yes, all those feeling come when we shift our old mentality and realize that we can eat and it makes us feel good and look smaller! Yay for more energy and being able to enjoy life!
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Weight = 281.4
    Down-3.4 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1875
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2343
    Average calories = 2193 Got that number up this week!!!

Weight - April 286 pounds / Today 281.4 pounds -4.6 pounds
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Today 27.75 inches - 2.25 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Today 48 inches - 3 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Today 12. 25 inches - .75 inches

I didn't really have a goal this week other than take it easy because my knees wouldn't stay in. I didn't even do any lifting and I refused to allow myself to get down about it. I figure my arms needed the break. It's been in the high 80's here in the Southerntier of Western NY so I have been able to get lots of water in, boy did that make a difference!

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing progress! Great job upping your intake, and just look how your body is responding in a positive way... You are such an inspiration!
  • scaryann1
    Options
    I took this picture today of my pink walking crutches.
    gvhatu0ldlzd.jpg

And this one is my how flexible my knees are on a "bad" day (high pain day), on a "good" day (low pain day) I touch toe to heel, heel to toe.
    yv3rz8qmpv1j.jpg

It's been a great day. I weeded my tiny flower garden, cooked lunch and dinner, washed dishes, and took some more pictures. I got 800 more calories to find in the next half hour, I don't think I'm gonna make it there tonight. Time for popcorn then bed. There's always tomorrow!
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @scaryann1 there's always room for ice cream! I'm so glad to hear you had a good day and was able to carry on more activities. Yay for feel well and having energy! I love your pink crutches and ouch on the flexible knees. Thanks for letting us share your NSV's!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Weight = 281
    Down-.4 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1873
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2341
    Average calories = 1999

Weight - April 286 pounds / Today 281 pounds - 5 pounds
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Today 27.75 inches - 2.25 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Today 48 inches - 3 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Today 12 inches - 1 inches

Somehow I knew from the start of the week that I would struggle getting the calories up to where they were last week, but that's okay, no more worrying about getting them "just right." This week's biggest change was in the forearm! Another 1/4 inch gone from it! I'm actually a bit surprised that I was down that .4 pound because it's TOM again. Trust me I'm not gonna complain about it. LOL