Am I the only one that finds it difficult to eat more?

Options

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @scaryann1
    Great update. I am LOVING those crutches! Very stylish :)
    It's great how you are able to enjoy gardening ( I may be a slightly obsessed gardener myself!) and other daily things.
    Hey, Tereza is onto something with the ice cream!
    If you are struggling to get enough calories in, it's good to try and include some high density food like ice cream <3 or avocado, nuts, nut butters.
    I also found it helped me when I spread things out more over the day so I didn't have a big lot left at the end.
    But hey! If this was just a one off anomaly don't mind my ramble!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not having a great day today. My sister-in-law's sister got her index finger caught in a meat grinder at work. They weren't able to save the finger. I'm still waiting to hear that she has come out of surgery. This scares the bejeebers out of me because we lost my Mom to a botched surgery in 1994. I keep telling myself that she is fine, that her kids are just so relieved that she is okay that they haven't had a chance to update everyone. It's been at least five hours since they took her to surgery.
  • scaryann1
    Options
    She's home and doing okay now! I can relax now...
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry all this happened! It's good to hear she is home and doing well. I hope she has a quick recovery!
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Ugg, I just have no desire to eat today. Just the thought of eating something is making my stomach churn. What do you do on those days when you just don't have any desire to eat? I don't know if it's stress from the past week or if I'm getting sick from all the weather changes, but just doesn't sound good to me today.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Something that fits the weather (like chili on hot day - ugh), may get the juices flowing correctly for body to know it is indeed hungry.
    Any cooler meals you enjoy if heat is issue?

May be the time that something a tad higher in carbs initially will get the hunger going, then balance it out with the planned protein/fat. Maybe that will keep the day going in the right direction.

While a big day under is no worse than a big day over - it's being surrounded by normal average days that allows that balance to not be that big a deal.
    But since you are already in battle to keep calories high enough, you likely wouldn't keep them up or in this case make it up the day after.
    So I would indeed suggest as you are desiring - figure out a way to meet today as best as possible.

But if genuinely sick at stomach (this isn't normal situation of focused on something else forgetting to eat and not being hungry) - then forcing isn't any good either, whatever your safe food is.
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Thanks heybales, I managed some bread and butter and half a cup of pasta. Hopefully my stomach settles down before dinner time. I am planning on chili for supper because it's only in the 60s here in Western NY today. Yesterday was in the mid 70s and Monday was the high 80s. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind! :smile:
  • scaryann1
    edited June 2016
    Options
    embzj8l6mrwk.jpgeyhmuf2fk83m.jpg

I can't believe that I can actually fit all of me in that mirror now!
  • empressichel
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome change. Your face in particular has really changed. You look younger and healthier!
    And yes! That mirror is showing how much less of you there is now!
    Well done!
    Ichel
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Weight = 282.6
    Up -1.6 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1873
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2341
    Average calories = 1957

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 281 pounds /Today 282.6/Total - 3.4 pounds
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19.25 inches/Today 19.25 inches/Total -1.25 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.75 inches/Today 27.75 inches /Total - 2.25 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 56.25 inches/Today 56.25 inches/Total - 1.75 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 48 inches/ Today 48 inches/Total - 3 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 46 inches/Total - 2 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 12 inches/Today 12 inches/Total - 1 inches

Has it only been a week? It feels like six! It was a rough week for sure! I seem to be stuck at just below 2000 calories. LOL I'm feeling very bloated today so maybe after this bloat goes away I'll feel smaller. :smile: Good thing for pizza this week or I think my calories would have been a LOT lower. Eating has been a struggle all week.

My elbow dislocated in my sleep one day this last week, I somehow forgot which day... It went back in later that same day. Without even thinking about it, I reached up and opened the door with that arm and it popped back in. I'm sure the entire neighborhood heard my not so nice language. :blush: But I was able to use my crutches again by the next morning, good thing too as we had first of the month shopping to do.

ms4ldu4y1anu.jpg
    This is my legs on a low pain day.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Mary Ann, I'm sure your neighbors would not blame your words, that must have been hard! I cannot even imagine! You are a brave girl! Calorie dense foods can be a lot of help when we can't get the calories down. I do have days like that sometimes and that's when ice cream or frozen yogurt come in handy, lol. The good thing is that even though you are feeling bloated and the weight is up, the measurements are still the same. You may not be seeing results, but inside your body is working and changing!
  • scaryann1
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank goodness for icecream with hot fudge and Junior Mints. If I can find room for those 16 mints I will go over 1900 today. Not a lot over, but over is over. LOL

Plus my brother (he lives next door) said he didn't hear me cuss when my elbow went back in, so I must not have cussed too loudly. :smiley:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Just don't bring them to the hospital!
    Hate to drop one ..... never mind. ;-)

I can't even imagine an elbow going out, shoulder sure, especially if lose support, but elbow - ughhh.

You are incredible to not only still have desire for the geocaching, but the fortitude to get out there and tackle it when you can.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Mmmmmmm. Now I am thinking of ice cream :)
    You are one strong and determined lady.
    Ichel
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Weight = 280.4
    Down - 2.2 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1870
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2338
    Average calories = 2056
    Last week Average Calories = 1957

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 282.6 pounds /Today 280.4/Total - 5.6 pounds Down 24.6 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19.25 inches/Today 19 inches/Total -1.5 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.75 inches/Today 27.5 inches /Total - 2.5 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 56.25 inches/Today 56 inches/Total - 2 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 48 inches/ Today 46 inches/Total -5 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 46 inches/Total - 2 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 12 inches/Today 12 inches/Total - 1 inches

Another week gone! I kind of missed helping Rick work on vehicles. I did get bored out of my scull yesterday when there wasn't anything I could do to help though. Last night was TV junk food night. I actually got my calories in, even went over what MFP had for my goal!
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Nice to see an upward trend on the calories and a downward trend in pounds and inches! Well done!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    You are killing this!
    More calories and less inches and less weight!
    Yes!Yes!Yes!
    Ichel
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Weight = 282.2
    Up - 1.8 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1878
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2348
    Average calories = 2164
    Last week Average Calories = 2056

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 280.4 pounds /Today 282.2/Total - 3.8 pounds Down 22.8 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 19 inches/Total -1.5 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.5 inches/Today 27.25 inches /Total - 2.75 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 56 inches/Today 56 inches/Total - 2 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 46 inches/ Today 45 inches/Total -6 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 46.5 inches/Total - 1.5 inches

Not many changes this week and I'm okay with that. (Today anyway. LOL) Haven't done much lifting since my elbow went out a few weeks ago, hoping to get back into that today.

Rick and I went Geocaching Wednesday and found two caches, then went again on Friday and found four caches. Wednesday's had a little bit of walking, but not a lot. Friday's caches were park and grabs, so we didn't do a lot of walking, but getting in and out of the Jeep counts, right? :smiley: I got a new phone this week and it works great for Geocaching! It's not often that I'm willing to buy a new phone, but at four years old it was getting so that every time an app was updated it wasn't compatible with my phone anymore. And it just didn't have any room left on it. Now, I just have to figure out a way to carry it, and watch it while walking with my crutches.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Mary Ann, as much as you say there weren't many changes this week, the inches keep trending down and that is HUGE!!!! Well done in eating and dropping inches! Yay in geocaching and in the new phone. Sometimes we just have to update things...
    And getting in and out of the Jeep does count!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Yay on the new phone Mary Ann and even better if it helps with the geocaching.
    Getting in and out of the Jeep totally counts!
    Love your updates! Keep them coming :)
    Ichel