Am I the only one that finds it difficult to eat more?

Options

Replies

• brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    great pictures, they do show the changes. Good job!!
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo managed to do 4 sets of biceps curls, and 3 sets of front arm lifts, and 3 sets of side arm lifts today! I may only be using 4 lbs but I've been stuck on 2 and 3 sets for a couple of months now thanks to my shoulders, elbows, wrists, and fingers not wanting to stay in. This is enormous for me!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Oh wow this is HUGE!
    What amazing progress! You are just incredible! And strong!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • scaryann1
    Options
    What a day. Most of my family lives right around us. My Dad lives in the house in front of us, my oldest brother and his wife live in a home to the left of us and my cousin lives in a home to the right of us.

Well today I was sitting on the love seat when I heard my cousin's address come over the fire scanner for an ambulance. She managed to put super glue in her eye instead of her eye drops. I quickly looked up what to do, grabbed my crutches and headed over to her place. There was absolutely no way I could even begin to get her to a sink as her house isn't the cleanest in the world (she and her son both have EDS). I had her hold a warm wet washcloth over her eye till the ambulance got there. They were able to get her to the bathroom sink to flush the eye with sterile water before they took her to the hospital to get the remainder of the glue out.

After that Rick and I went to our pain management appointment and got out trigger point injections. We got home from that and had our junk food pig out TV night as I like to call it. :-)

And after crawling into bed I had the crazy idea to measure my stomach flap (you know that flab of stomach fat us fat people have) So I got back out of bead and well, imagine my surprise when it measured 9 inches around it today (top to bottom) when just last month it was 10! I knew things were moving around even if my normal measurements weren't moving. It wasn't until last month that I even thought to measure that flap. LOL I guess I'm just going to have to add that darn thing to my measurement list. :-)
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Weight = 288.8
    Down 1.4 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1908
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2385
    Average calories = 2047
    Last weeks Average = 1924

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 290.2 pounds /Today 288.8/Total - Down 1.4 pounds Down 16.2 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 19.5 inches/Total -1 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.5 inches/Today 27.75 inches /Total - 2.25 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 57 inches/Today 58 inches/Total - 0 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 45 inches/ Today 46 inches/Total - 5 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 46 inches/Total - 2.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 12 inches/Today 11.75 inches/Total - 1.25 inches

Measurements are all over the place the last few weeks, and that's okay, I can still see things moving around.

This is our kitty Sky, and this is where she spends most of her time sleeping...

9b644a4xc6yv.jpg

For some strange reason I have trouble seeing my computer screen some days. LOL She is slowly losing her pillow to sleep on though and she's not happy about it.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Oh yikes on the superglue in the eyes! I totally winced reading that. :(
    Love how Sky sleeps. She has such pretty colours and is so fluffy.
    She is just going to have to get used to losing her pillow!
    Ichel
  • brileylmt
    Options
    Great job on your numbers. And glad you acted so quickly for your friend.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    <3 Huge difference, Mary Ann! From top to bottom! Arms, face, mid section, wow! And the best part of this all is that you are not depriving yourself, under eating or over exercising anymore. You are eating normally and that is the way to go! <3

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    Options
    It's the week that just keep on giving... and not in a good way. The "fun" started with my cousin and the super glue in the eye, and has just gone crazy since! Yesterday Rick had a follow up appointment with his allergist. This appointment went great, but then we stopped to get gas before heading home. He fills the Jeep, gets back in, puts his key in the ignition, turns the key and... nothing, not even a click. I try using my phone to look up possible solutions and of course we are too close to the hill, I have phone signal, but not internet. I move my phone two feet to the right and get spotty signal. Meanwhile he has put the Jeep in neutral and let it coast backwards so that we are not blocking the pumps.

He thinks it may be the starter. Thankfully we have a jack in the back of the Jeep. He jacks the Jeep up so he can use a tire iron and bang on the starter. After about half an hour or so he finally gets it started and we head home. We parked in the garage and he tries to start it again just to see, and of course it doesn't re-start. Thankfully he put it up on the ramps before shutting it off. I start pricing starters while he takes out the old one. The auto store has two, one is $110 and the other one is $180. So we borrow $150 from the church (my dad is the pastor and my sister is the only other member)

The poor cats are going nuts with the fleas this fall, so I decide that even though they are going to be super mad at me I am going to give them each a bath. The first one I bathe is Phantom. She is a medium haired tortoiseshell. I was amazed that she actually let me wash her! Mind you I don't put them in the water, I have a pan of water in the bathtub and use a washcloth to wash them. She was the only one though, Chubby (medium hair blonde) made sure to remind me that she has teeth and knows how to use them. Sky (short hair grey calico) Let me know she has claws and knows how to use them. So now my arms are a scratched up, bitten up, mess. LOL But they are all three more relaxed today!

Now today's fun, we head out to get the starter with check in hand. Every car coming towards us is either hugging the yellow line or even in our lane. Anyway it has Rick so distracted he forgets that we have to stop at the bank before getting on the expressway to go to get the starter. No way to get back off the expressway for at least ten miles so we decide to just stop in the city and cash the check there before going to the auto parts store.

Get to the bank and my sister had written the check out wrong. One the line she had written $100 dollars and in the box 150, the bank can only cash it for what is written on the line, not what is in the box. So after caching the check for the $100 we double back through and stop at the ATM to get $40 out of my checking that would make me overdrawn if I didn't have money set aside for my phone bill. Now I got to figure out where the money is going to come from to replace the phone money. Then we finally get to the auto parts store and pick up the starter. Rick is currently putting the new starter in.

All this and we still have to get blood work done tomorrow, pick up cat litter and other groceries.

This week can just stop giving any time now.
  • scaryann1
    Options
    I forgot to mention that burnt myself twice while making cheese omelette for breakfast. Now I'm crawling into bed and the burns are just starting to blister. One of them is right on the knuckle of my thumb. Ouch!
  • brileylmt
    Options
    My goodness you have had a hard couple of days. I hope it gets better
  • empressichel
    Options
    Woah! You know how to go all in and do things to the maximum!
    What a week! Don't want another one of those in a hurry!
    I just told myself this phrase this week,'Just when you think you can make ends meet, somebody moves the end!'
    Never truer words spoken!
    Surely things can only start to get better for you?
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Ugh, Mary Ann, that sucks, what a week!
    Out of topic, but a good and cheap idea for the fleas is to mix vinegar with water in a spray bottle and spray the places where the cats like most. The smell goes away and so do the fleas.
  • scaryann1
    Options
    My Phantom Kitty had her final seizure tonight. I miss her already. I was able to stroke her and talk to her as she left this world and moved on. :cry:
  • empressichel
    Options
    Oh no Mary Ann I am SO sorry! I thought your week couldn't get any worse.
    One of our kittens was killed on the road near our house in April so I feel you.
    Much love and hugs.
    :'(
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Ah, I'm so sorry - reminds me of my Foxy, our friendly neighborhood cat (a neighbor's officially but wandered and visited many because preferred outside) that adopted us, and liked coming in more than others. So friendly, someone came in car one day and picked her up. After I healed her back from a broken hip and all. Haven't seen her since.

Was she really that small compared to other cat, or other cat was just a bigger type?
  • brileylmt
    Options
    So sorry about your cat. Keeping you in my thoughts
  • scaryann1
    Options
    Phantom was dainty, and always tried to be a lady, but would often do something clumsy and boy would that piss her off.

Phantom was tiny compared to Chubby (the blonde cat) I don't think Phanton ever got to be over 8 pounds where Chubby was 18 pounds. Now that Chubby is getting older she has started to loose weight. I'd have to guess she is now around 12 pounds. Chubby is 12 years old, Phantom was 7, and Sky is 2.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your cat. Hang in there!