Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Am I the only one that finds it difficult to eat more?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Great effort as always, with results still in right direction.

I've seen a phone holder that goes around neck and holds phone almost horizontal at chest, little cords went to the sternum strap of the backpack to keep it from swinging and twisting around. You could stop, look down, and then keep moving.
    If wearing a simple pack would probably work. It's been couple years, can't recall at all a name or description.

This might get you close or started at at least.

https://www.google.com/#q=Sternum+strap+phone+holder
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    I never would have dreamed they had something like that. Thanks for the heads up heybales!
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 284
    Up - 1.8 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1886
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2358
    Average calories = 2415
    Last week Average Calories = 2164

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 282.2 pounds /Today 284/Total - 2 pounds Down 21 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 19 inches/Total -1.5 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.5 inches/Today 27 inches /Total - 3 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 56 inches/Today 56 inches/Total - 2 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 45 inches/ Today 45 inches/Total -6 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46.5 inches/Today 45.5 inches/Total - 2.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 12 inches/Today 12 inches/Total - 1 inches

Things are slowing down a little. Now if I can just keep the mentality going and not drop back down where I was before! I'm still feeling very bloated and swollen from the heat and geocaching this week. My back is still killing me, I'm not sure if something is out or if it's just still angry from all I've put it through this week.

I can't believe how much junk I ate this week! I'm hoping that once it's gone, we don't buy any more for a while. I'm sure that's contributing to my blah and bloated feeling. I guess that's about it for this week's update. Thanks for being here!
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Don't get discouraged! Yes, eating too much junk can do that. At least it does to me... Try to see it as a refeed. Don't give up, keep going. Sometimes we don't see the progress right away, but our body is always working and changing. Some water retention to repair the muscles since you did more this week could contribute. You'vE came so far and overcame so much! YOU are a big inspiration!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Yes, keep on trucking!
    If I eat too much processed stuff I feel so blah just generally lethargic and achy and blah.
    But we all do it sometimes. I'm sure the heat isn't helping with your bloated feeling either. Like Tereza says, it's the compound of all the work that you put i that will show through, one blah week won't effect it.
    You are doing so good.
    Ichel
  • scaryann1
    Finally broke down and took one of my pain pills. They have sat in my cupboard for a year because they make me very nauseous. The pain has finally settled down to the point that I can breathe, but now I'm afraid to eat. LOL
  • TerezaToledo
    I'm sorry you are dealing with so much pain, Mary Ann! But I'm glad you took it. I hate taking medications, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I hope you feel better!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Man, that's awful. Out of the frying pan into the fire. Hope you managed to eat something and that today will be a better day.
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • scaryann1
    Well the few days of not being able to eat because of the pain meds bit me in the butt today. LOL I actually went 363 calories over! But that ice cream and hot fudge sure did taste good! I just couldn't seem to get filled up. Now that I've washed dishes, my stupid back is right back to where it was when I gave in and took the meds. Hoping tomorrow is better.
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 282.8
    Down - 1.2 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1881
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2351
    Average calories = 2093
    Last week Average Calories = 2415

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week 284 pounds /Today 282.8/Total - 3.2 pounds Down 22.2 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 19 inches/Total -1.5 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.5 inches/Today 27 inches /Total - 3 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 56 inches/Today 56.5 inches/Total - 1.5 inches (I think that might be how much my back is swollen)
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 45 inches/ Today 45 inches/Total -6 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46.5 inches/Today 45.5 inches/Total - 2.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 12 inches/Today 12 inches/Total - 1 inches

After a very stressful, pain filled week, I'm glad this week is over! Even with going over yesterday, I was still under for the week in calories. New York has been in a heat wave all week, that hasn't helped the pain issues in the least. My brother has his yearly party next Saturday, so eating is going to be a bit hit or miss at the end of the week as we get tents set up. I usually don't do much on Sunday after the party as I am always completely worn out. Not to sure how much I am going to be able to help out this year, but I know I'll be over there helping somehow.

• empressichel
    Hope the coming week is better for you.
    Party sounds fun, as long as it will be pain free.
    Love the idea of blocking off the Sunday for recovery. Do you plan anything for this day, like catching up with a good book, watching a favourite movie or just take it as it comes?
    Here is to a better week than last week!
    Ichel
  • scaryann1
    I've always just taken it as it comes. I am looking forward to eating this year though! Hoping that people bring lots of yummy foods! LOL

So far this week has been better! Hoping it's going good for others too.

Just an observation that I've noticed since I started eating more... So many people seem to think when you say you are eating more 2 way less that you are on an all you can eat bingeathon.

I recently acquired a "new" friend. This person has lost an amazing amount of weight, (at least I think it's amazing) but they have hit a plateau. When they announced that they were going to try eat more 2 weigh less you would have thought that the person had announced that they were going to cut off a leg in order to lose more weight. The person had people saying that eating more was not the answer and that they should just cut out more calories even though they were already eating under 1200 a day and exercise more. Several of us were quick to jump in and let this person know how we have been having success by eating more. So many of them seriously thought that meant that the person was simply going to just start eating thousands upon thousands more calories than what they were eating.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say, don't let these kind of people get under your skin. Many of us have already learned that this way is so much better for the majority of us. (They did get under my skin for a brief time, then I said to myself, is their ignorance worth this much irritation? The answer was a resounding NO, so I let it go and refused to say anymore on that thread) I'm proud of myself for that.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Yes - eating more than bare minimum, but still less than maintenance to lose fat weight (when done with reset).

Or, if they've gotten close to healthy weight and just have a number problem (5 more!), changing their perspective.
  • empressichel
    Yes, I guess most people think that 'their' way is the only way.
    I've tried to make suggestions to people in my life that I see on the roundabout of yo yo diets, but it falls on deaf ears so I just let them figure something out that works for them. Each to their own.
    People only hear when they are ready to hear, that was true for me too.
    It's just against everything we have been led to believe, so it seems too good to be true.
    You did well to set the record straight and offer up your own success as evidence <3
    but yeah, sometimes, we just got to let it go!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • scaryann1
    Friday was a geocaching event. Saturday was my brother's annual party. Sunday was my great niece's first birthday. Busy weekend, now I am hoping for a rest day. No weigh in or measurements this week. This was my Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10207283105982329.1073741902.1425159411&type=1&l=237e93b100
  • TerezaToledo
    What a fun Saturday, thank you for sharing those precious moments. Gorgeous day! Yay for a geocashing, party and birthday weekend! I'm so glad you are enjoying the summer. I bet you were pretty active through all this.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    I was active enough that I had random spasms in my right leg all day today! After the fourth Not you're Father's Root Beer they finally calmed down. LOL
  • scaryann1
    I think I forgot just how big Hobby Lobby is. Quite the workout today between the junkyard and shopping. My legs are killing me!
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 289.2
    Up -6.4 pounds

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1910
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2388
    Average calories = 2460

Weight - April 286 pounds / Last week ? pounds /Today 289.2/Total - up 3.2 pounds Down 15.8 pounds since I started eating more in August 2015.
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week ? inches/Today 19.5 inches/Total -1 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week ? inches/Today 27 inches /Total - 3 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week ? inches/Today 56.25 inches/Total - 1.75 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week ? inches/ Today 45 inches/Total - 6 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week ? inches/Today 46.75 inches/Total - 4.25 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week ? inches/Today 12.25 inches/Total - .75 inches

I find it interesting that I'm not stressing over this! I know now that a lot of the increases are because of this major heatwave we are in the midst of and not drinking enough. I have been over on calories this week, but not six pounds worth! My measurements are also way off due to swelling and fluid retention. We finally got some rain yesterday here in Western NY, but it came down so fast and hard it just ran off instead of soaking into the ground like so many crop fields need.

The busy weekend went straight into the week! I never did get my day off! We found two geocaches yesterday between dodging the rain drops (buckets) LOL. The storms chased us away from one or two as well. Oh well, hoping to keep my feet up today and drink lots of water to see if I can get rid of this bloat. :smiley: Have a great week everyone!
  • TerezaToledo
    All the. Loat and water retention can do a huge number on our bodies! I couldn't believe how swollen my calves and feet were after flying over 16 to get back home. All that time without enough water and being in the air did a big trick. A few days later it seems to be back to normal. Make sure you drink more water.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL