2016 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - Vuelta Now Up and Rolling...

Options

Replies

• Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    so that's definitely down to 2 places then...

Or 1 place if you don't mind me having Adrienne on my team as mentioned above:

'What I'll also do is stick Adrienne on my team, she's not on MFP but she will get a kick out of being on a TDF team, she's on CycLeagues too, her Strava ID is https://www.strava.com/athletes/7373778'

• Jakess1971
    Options
    We can also use JSSTurbo id as a 'Ghost rider' if need be:

https://www.strava.com/athletes/4357846

This can then be replaced by any late comer but you can at least design the teams for a full compliment now if you fancied.
  • HopHead28
    HopHead28 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This sounds pretty cool -- I would be willing to join if there is any more room.
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    HopHead28 wrote: »
    This sounds pretty cool -- I would be willing to join if there is any more room.

I've sent you a PM on the Strava club you need to join for this.

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    HopHead28 wrote: »

Excellent - do we have your Strava User ID ? -
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    We can also use JSSTurbo id as a 'Ghost rider' if need be:

https://www.strava.com/athletes/4357846

This can then be replaced by any late comer but you can at least design the teams for a full compliment now if you fancied.

3 from 4 of the teams have been finalised mate... they're in the rosta tab of the 2016 TdF Spreadsheet I've just shared with you... there's 2 blanks, along with the details of a couple of people from prior tours who haven't registered yet... For now, you could certainly get all the stuff into CycLeagues, maybe with the 2 blanks filled with a ghost-rider, or if we've got "HopHead's details etc...

• Jakess1971
    Options
    This is HopHead aka Marc Ms details: https://www.strava.com/athletes/8181839
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    CycLeagues updated with the teams, My other half who is not a member of MFP is currently stuck in one place however if we have any willing MFP members wanting a go then you can take her slot.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    right - that's a couple of hours of swearing at the spreadsheet completed - I've now got the Rosta's installed on the sheet properly, sorted out the itinerary (and rest days) - needed lots of messing about with formulas as the rest days have swapped from the Giro to the TdF (3 days on Giro, 2 on the TdF) - and I think I've got the Leaderboards ( combined, mens only and womens only) sorted - though if I've inadvertently put anyone in the wrong list, please give me a shout...

there's still some messing around to be done - primarily with getting the VAM page to sort correctly (if at all!) - and a good bit of checking that I've picked up correct areas on the sheet for all the charts - but, frankly, that's a tough one without any ride-data included - and often it's easier to actually pick up on that as the challenge commences and rides start filtering through.

Anyone who wants a sneak preview - it's here...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GFwKYoQS5OffYby42Az52HbFjhhpORZXDXOjgblu04o/edit?usp=sharing

it SHOULD be read-only - if it isn't for any reason ferchrissakes DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ! Just give me a shout and back out of the spreadsheet immediately... (that doesn't apply to Jason or Clive btw, you two should get read-write permissions, in case (ahem) someone needs to take over the care and feeding of the challenge (gawd-forbid) like during last years Vuelta...)

• TheBigYin
    Options
    I've had enough of squinting at formulae for a while now - so I'm going to try and get some fresh air on the bike instead - anyone spot any problems with the sheet, drop me a PM...

• HopHead28
    HopHead28 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @TheBigYin that is one hell of a spreadsheet!
  • steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I had planned on doing 100 miles a day for 10 days during this but having got this in already last week the mileage will be a little more sensible, but so you can plan the teams here is my plan:

Imperials+ will be saved for days off (I have three day weekends during this tour with Fridays off) and may well be getting in the odd metric during the week BUT I will not be riding every day of the tour so the mileage will be high but not the same as last year in the interest of good training but not relentless to avoid injury etc, additional rest days are likely to be Thursday.

That's cool Jas, If it's okay, I'm going to move you over to Team Lotta Jumbo to help balance things up - swap you for one of the no-show's that they had, and the balance of things should improve a bit...

Did Team Lotta Jumbo just 'lose' Jakess1971?
  • TheBigYin
    edited June 2016
    Options
    steffenson wrote: »
    I'm in, I had planned on doing 100 miles a day for 10 days during this but having got this in already last week the mileage will be a little more sensible, but so you can plan the teams here is my plan:

Imperials+ will be saved for days off (I have three day weekends during this tour with Fridays off) and may well be getting in the odd metric during the week BUT I will not be riding every day of the tour so the mileage will be high but not the same as last year in the interest of good training but not relentless to avoid injury etc, additional rest days are likely to be Thursday.

That's cool Jas, If it's okay, I'm going to move you over to Team Lotta Jumbo to help balance things up - swap you for one of the no-show's that they had, and the balance of things should improve a bit...

I considered the transfer, and then Dave was a no-show for this challenge - which would have left pastana over 2,600km or more down based on the Giro riding, and simply moved the imbalance from one team to another... It's a juggling act, thankless, and actually pretty much impossible to get anywhere right - but I do TRY...

Of course, as I always say - if anyone thinks they can do a better job of organising something like this, they're welcome to do so - I think I've done my share already if I'm honest.

• steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    steffenson wrote: »

I considered the transfer, and then Dave was a no-show for this challenge - which would have left pastana over 2,600km or more down based on the Giro riding, and simply moved the imbalance from one team to another... It's a juggling act, thankless, and actually pretty much impossible to get anywhere right - but I do TRY...

Of course, as I always say - if anyone thinks they can do a better job of organising something like this, they're welcome to do so - I think I've done my share already if I'm honest.

Oh, okay. I did not notice that Dave was a no show this go around...
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Saw the spreadsheet. Looks like our all girl team is together again. We are gonna kick some boy butt! What is the name of our team anyway?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Saw the spreadsheet. Looks like our all girl team is together again. We are gonna kick some boy butt! What is the name of our team anyway?

yo5ydxarli7x.jpg
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Woohoo! WOMEN ROCK! GO Pro Team Twinkie Scoff!
    We are missing at least one person in the Strava club here:
    https://www.strava.com/clubs/MFP-TwinkieScoff
    If you are on our team and not in this Strava club, please join us there!

I'm not sure who is missing since I don't know all the connections between MFP monikers and Strava names but there are only eight women there...
  • nerdieprofessor
    Options
    ... It's a juggling act, thankless, and actually pretty much impossible to get anywhere right - but I do TRY...

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

You are doing a fantastic amazing wonderful awesome job!

• TheBigYin
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure who is missing since I don't know all the connections between MFP monikers and Strava names but there are only eight women there...

Look in the Spreadsheet - on the "Rosta" tab, there's a cross-reference list,

Dossard #, MFP Name, Strava name, URL, Ref. No.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GFwKYoQS5OffYby42Az52HbFjhhpORZXDXOjgblu04o/edit?usp=sharing

best of all, the strava URL's are "live links" so you can click them and open up the rider profile direct... so if they're not already "friends" of yours, you can remedy that, and then just go into the team on strava and click "invite athletes"...

• nerdieprofessor
    Options
    I think we have all nine now! WOOHOO!
  • nerdieprofessor
    Options
    I think we have all nine now! WOOHOO!

I spoke typed too soon. We have a couple of extras (Phytogurl? Nikki M?) which confused me. Are they not in the Tour challenge at all?

We are currently missing Hawkeyegal. I sent her a Strava club invite. Please join us Hawkeyegal!