POST YOUR WEIGHT IF YOU DARE!!!

Options

Replies

• ArielMelton
    ArielMelton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll keep it short, because I'm only 5'4". ;)

Starting weight: 373 in 2011
    Current weight: 215
    Short-term goal weight: 199 (it will start with a ONE!)
    Mid-term goal weight: 165
    Long-term goal: to be set after I reach 165

I weighed 100 pounds when I was 11 years old, so this has been a lifelong problem. I actually wear a smaller size now than I did in high school... and that was almost 40 years ago.

It's never too late to start and, like Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never give up!"
  • adrianthebear
    adrianthebear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Adrian,
    My fitness story is a long one, but I will try to keep it brief. I am 6' 5" and currently weigh 320 lb. My goal at the moment is to get to 260.

I have struggled with weight all of my life especially because I have a pretty large overall frame so people always tell me you don't look that big. The compliment is nice in the moment but also helped to reinforce terrible eating habits. A couple of years ago I had the sleeve surgery and lost close to 100 lb. It was awesome, but then I went through some stuff and gained a lot of it back. I have been in the gym consistently for the last 6-7 months and although I have noticed muscle gains the weight loss has been minimal. So now I am back on here trying to do it right in preparation for a trip to the UK, coincidentally around the same time as SYSK, although it doesn't look like our dates will match up. I am also signed up for a half marathon in October and have been training for that.
    They say it's easier as a group so here I am.
  • djens017
    djens017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dave. I've been working on weight loss and fitness for about a year now. I'm 6'3, and I hit a peak of 230 lbs last year. Since then, I've been able to get down to around 180, and my main goal now is to gain muscle. My target weight is about 190-195. Looking forward to progressing with you all!
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi Chuck and the other SYSK members! I'm 27, 5'8" and 171 pounds at the moment.
    I joined MFP at 193 pounds 4 years ago and have used it on and off to help me figure out how to eat healthier, especially portion control.
    I'm so pleased to be lighter but I'm still overweight and want to first break into the 160's and then get down to 164 to get to a normal weight. I don't have an ultimate goal weight in mind yet.
  • Monkeyeliza
    Monkeyeliza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Liz. I am currently weighing in at 184 lbs at only 5'3". This is unsatisfactory. I had been inching my way through 25 to 35 pounds overweight, when a recent change in psych meds and a new sedentary job caused me to gain 20 in just a month. Eek!
  • switterbeet
    switterbeet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Chuck and SYSKers :) I'm 5'7" and about 180lbs right now. I've recently lost about 5lbs which has me encouraged to start trying a bit more. My low weight was about 135lbs, and I am pretty happy in the 140s, although at the moment I am really just struggling to take every 5lbs off and keep it off.
  • amollo85
    amollo85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have never used the community aspect of this app - I hope it will help! I'm a 6'0 tall woman, and I weigh about 185 now. At my heaviest, in 2014, I got up to about 205. I would really love to settle into the 160-165 range (my weight fluctuates a lot from day to day within a five pound range). It's been years since I was that light, though. Last year I made it down to about 168-172, though. I hope we can help each other succeed!
  • scriven_k
    scriven_k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Katie, I'm 5'4" and 130 I'm trying to tone up for my wedding in October. I really wanna try to maintain 125 which is harder than it seems at my weight. I look at a slice a of pizza and all the hard work I did in the week seems to be erased. Apparently for my height I should be at 120, I got to 123 in March and was at an unhealthy BMI (17) so I don't think 120 is heathy! I would be very happy with 125.
  • michaelsheppard441
    michaelsheppard441 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Michael I just join the group love SYSK I'm 5' 7 " and weigh 180 trying to get down to 165
  • TJ_Tomcat
    TJ_Tomcat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've put on 60 lbs in 2.5 years because of a new job and lack of activity.... I also have been eating very poorly. I am 5'10" and weight in around 260. I really would love to be down to 180 but I'll take anything less than current. I feel like sysk has helped me mentally so maybe a cool group like this can help me physically. My problem is lack of control. I have depression and sometimes I feel I cannot control my brain and eat crazy to feel better.. it usually just makes me feel worse after the fact. When I feel like that I'll just throw on some sysk and read some comments on here. Thanks for making this group!!!
  • abbiestract
    abbiestract Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Abbie! I'm 204 lbs today, but last July I hit my highest weight of 253 lbs. which means that I've lost 49 lbs in the last year, but I'm not even half way to my goal weight of 140. Finals really killed my motivation last semester, but I'm ready to get back on the train with some motivation from other SYSK fans and Chuck!
  • bandithansen
    bandithansen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa, I am 5'2 and 195 lbs, a few years ago I cut out a lot of sugars and was down to 180 lbs from about 230 lbs but I fell off the wagon and the weight is creeping back on. I need to get back on track! I would like to be about 130 lbs, so I have a long row to hoe...encouragement always welcome!
  • ashleyemiller14
    ashleyemiller14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey SYSK squad! I'm Ashley, I'm 5' 2" and 163 lbs. I've gained 20lbs in one year alone and as my husband and I start contemplating starting a family, I want to be in good shape for my future kids and my family's health! Ideal weight is 130lbs, but my first goals is to get back down to where I was a year ago, 143 lbs. So here's to wiping that 20lbs back off!
  • mel_mullins865
    mel_mullins865 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ugh, what a terrible idea. But since my bright ideas got me to join a weight loss group, here goes:
    5'4" and I'm 210. I'd love to pretend it's baby weight but I'm 5 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant. So ya, I'm fat. In some alternate universe is love to weight about 160 but I would be overjoyed to weight 180. So now i have 30 pounds to lose.
  • fkearney8
    fkearney8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, discovered this after the chiggers podcast too.
    I'm Frank from Seattle, 37, 183 lbs, 6'2". Did the immersion body fat test a few weeks ago and came out at 14.7%. I have a 2 year-old son, and coupled with some recent work stress I've gained a few more pounds than I'd like. About to turn 38 and want to get back on track before I get too far behind.

When I was in great shape a couple years ago (before baby) I was at 9.7% body fat and 177 lbs. Short term goal is to get back to 12.7% which they call 'athletic' at the immersion testing rig. Long term goal is sub-11% but I'll revisit this in a few weeks. No weight goals - I'd be happy at 185 or more if I'm strong. But right now I know there's a few extra pounds to lose.

Started tracking here again a couple weeks ago at 187lbs. Happy to have some progress so far but not sure if it's real - my with fluctuates day to day a few pounds. Good luck to everyone!
  • hydewithinjekyll
    hydewithinjekyll Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Alyssa. I'm 5'6 and weigh 310. I have depression, which sometimes derails my progress. I'm trying to maintain will power. I haven't been using this app a lot lately, but I need a push to get back on track.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 172 lbs at age 55--which puts me about 12 lbs over the top of the "normal" range on most BMI charts for my height (160 lbs).

But given that a little more than a year ago, I weighed 227, I feel pretty damned good about being 12 lbs into the "overweight".

And after struggling with my weight since childhood, I feel good in my body, I feel healthy, I'm eating well and exercising regularly, and I really am not looking to lost much more.

My current goal is to maintain my activity level (minimum of two hour-long workouts per week, with a target of four); and keep my fiber and protein high and my carbs and sugar low.
  • niksokol
    niksokol Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Dear Chuck / SYSK Community,
    I'll just put it out there that I've never joined a community like this...but I've been really struggling with weight gain over the last ten years - gaining about 100lbs during that time - and could use some moral support. Life's twists, turns and stresses have done a number on my physical and mental health but I'm committed to positive change. Very much looking forward to taking the journey with some kindred spirits and SYSK seems like a great community to join, as I listen to the show on my morning and evening walking commute.
    Current: 260 :-o
    Goal: 180 :-)).
    ROCK STEADY!
    Nik (Seoul / Oakland)
  • smwolfe813
    smwolfe813 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here goes. I am 5'4" and as of Friday I weigh 157 pounds. If I just focus on weight, my goal is 135 pounds. However, my true goals are all about strength and fitness--my current BFP is 33.7% and I'm aiming for 21%. I've been working hard for a while (started out at 168 pounds and 37% fat), but I'm just happy to be here with a community.
  • trumorse
    trumorse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya!! I JUST listened to the Chiggers episode (I'm realllly behind, haha) and heard you made this group!! So excited to join. I am 5' 5" and bob around 198 lbs. My long-term goal is 145lbs but currently working on and have my eyes set on 180 lbs. It's a bit more of a believable goal at the moment.

I used to use this app a lot last winter but kind of lost momentum over spring and summer. Trying to ramp it up again and I'm so happy to have stumbled on this! Gives me motivation to try again and keep going!