BABIES

Options

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Three times since Thursday I have had a weird stomach issue where I get violently sick first thing in the morning within 20 minutes of waking up, and then I will be fine for the rest of the day. This sounds like morning sickness but I don't think I'm pregnant. I would prefer a pregnancy not start that way, but it has made me realize how badly I wish I was pregnant! I can't wait for September to get here to start TTC.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat Does sound like morning sickness. If you aren't pregnant, I wonder what is causing it. I would say if it keeps up you should see your doctor.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat yeah - that either doesn't sound good... or it sounds great hahaha. Hoping that'll be me soon.. (bwhaha hoping I get sick :P what a weird thing to say). September will be here before you know it!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    I will definitely see my doctor if it keeps up since it is new, weird, and thoroughly unpleasant. However, my period is supposed to start at the end of this week, so I will wait and see if it arrives or not.

@VeryKatie I agree that it is really weird to hope to get sick (or that the sickness persists) and never thought I would feel that way :p
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I'm not sure if I should say I hope it starts or I hope it doesn't start. haha But either way I'm glad to hear you will go to the doctor if it keeps up. It does sound very unpleasant. I hate getting sick. (I'm hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have morning sickness.)

@VeryKatie I hope next month is your month to conceive! It's so exciting that you're finally going to start trying!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Startin' today actually haha. But I'm having a female issue at the same time (which has already been treated but is taking longer than I hoped to go away) which kind of sucks. Hope it doesn't prevent anything.

• WifiresGettingFit
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @VeryKatie Depending on what female issue you're talking about and when you were treated for it, if it still hasn't gone away - you may need another treatment for it and in some cases it is probably not a good idea to be having sex while it's still present as it can cause more problems.
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat Eww, that doesn't sound very nice. (I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have morning sickness.) Good luck either way you want it, September isn't too far away at least!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit - Yeah I know :( I did already see my doctor though, and she gave the go ahead.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Well I hope it clears up soon!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat ...do you think you are pregnant?! Oooh the plot thickens, haha! Hope you feel better, pregnant or not that sounds awful. I have heard that ginger helps with nausea, so maybe try some ginger candy (I found some at gnc and Oriental markets, or Altoids makes a ginger mint as well.)

I bought 50 pee pregnancy tests on Amazon!!! *squeels*
    They were like $10 and I was like, why not $10 is nothing ....plus there's 50! And I'm gonna POAS like every 4 hours when we start trying. I'm not sure which one of you recommend buying them online, but when they show up and I have to explain myself to my hubby I'm blaming you, lol! We are planning to start trying in October, so I'm really jumping the gun here.

Also they are pee in a cup then put the strip in the pee kind. I haven't ever used them before, anyone like these kind? Everytime in the past that I used a pregnancy test it was bc I was late but not trying....this will be my first time stocking up on tests. They also seem more environmentally friendly without all that plastic on the big clear blue kinds.

@VeryKatie I'm so excited for you that you have started trying!! Are you charting everything, when you dtd, cm, basil temp, or just having fun with it? (She asks the internet strangers....haha.) Congrats and good luck!
  • VeryKatie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    ....plus there's 50! And I'm gonna POAS like every 4 hours when we start trying.

This almost made me laugh SUPER loud at work hahahahah.

@Kirstie155 I am tracking when we dtd (lol new term), took note of cm only if I noticed it (which I did and it looked "good" yesterday)... made a chart for basal temp but haven't started taking the temp... missed the start of my cycle and I'm not sure that the effort will be needed.

So I guess mostly having fun with it, but prepping in case it takes a while lol.

I need to start focusing on nutrition though. I might be pregnant (who knows lol) so I should reeeeallly crack down on that. Been taking my vitamins, but not concentrating much on food or exercise (*cough* ate 3 jumbo hotdogs for dinner yesterday and was 350 calories over maintenance). So I have good food planned today and will do my exercise too. Maybe I should get my gym membership back. Do cardio at lunches and stuff.

Going to put the July spreadsheet up tonight for people to sign up. Sorry I kind of took the rest of June off there..
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Going to put the July spreadsheet up tonight for people to sign up. Sorry I kind of took the rest of June off there..

@VeryKatie I think everyone needed a break anyway. haha
    When you say you missed the start of your cycle? Are you saying you're late and might be pregnant!!? or that you missed where you should have started to temp? or am I just reading it all wrong? haha
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Hahah whoops! I meant that I missed taking temperatures at the start of my most recent cycle. So I'm not sure if data for an incomplete month will really be useful. I am still not sure if I'm pregnant or not though. Will keep banging away at that (giggity).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Ahh, okay. haha Bang away! =P
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

(*cough* ate 3 jumbo hotdogs for dinner yesterday and was 350 calories over maintenance).

MMMMM jumbo hot dogs!
    I have started taking my prenatals again, and my nails are looking great! I haven't ever taken my temps, just wondering if anyone else had. I've found that my fertility app and tracking cm when I notice it over the past 9 months has given me a great insight in my fertility. I think I even realized when I ovulated once!

Will keep banging away at that (giggity).
    Hahahah! Get it girl! Let us know if you have any symptoms!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    (*cough* ate 3 jumbo hotdogs for dinner yesterday and was 350 calories over maintenance).

MMMMM jumbo hot dogs!
    I have started taking my prenatals again, and my nails are looking great! I haven't ever taken my temps, just wondering if anyone else had. I've found that my fertility app and tracking cm when I notice it over the past 9 months has given me a great insight in my fertility. I think I even realized when I ovulated once!

Hahahah! Get it girl! Let us know if you have any symptoms!

So far... nothin!
  • puffbrat
    Options

This made me laugh at loud! Have fun ;)

@Kirstie155 I was the one who recommended getting tests from Amazon so you blame me. I will just blame my friend who let me on to that tip. I was actually thinking about buying a bunch this month even though we don't plan to start TTC until September.

Even though my stomach is still wonky, I doubt I'm pregnant since I am still on birth control. But it is a possibility. I am having terrible chocolate cravings and really tired, but for now I will blame that on PMS. My period is supposed to start in the next 3 days, so I will see what happens....

Can I ask what cm stands for?

I was told a while ago by I don't remember who that taking temps was really inaccurate, but then my doctor suggested doing it as part of tracking fertility during TTC, so it can't hurt to try.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @puffbrat cm = cervical muscus. :#
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Does anyone have any boys names that they like? My husband and I clearly have different tastes in boys names haha.