time to re june vate - daily checkins for june!

14567810»

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I have lifted the last two days and worked main job but not much else. I'm not used to morning shifts and have been really tired lately. At least getting sleep but having to go to bed earlier than my usual. Went to other location yesterday but don't think I'll go there as it's more of a hassle driving even though mile wise it's a smidgen closer to work.

OHP Day
    2x8 @ 45, 1x5 @ 50, 1x5 @ 60, 1x3 @ 65, 1x5 @ 75

lat pull 3x8 @ 75
    overhead tricep ext 3x8 @ 20

Squat Day
    2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x5 @ 115, 1x5 @ 135, 1x3 @ 155, 1x5 @ 170
    last two were with belt, app says 1rm is about 200

good morning 3x8 @ 95

Not sure on when I'll get bench and deadlift in for week 3 and next is "de-load" week. Got the unfortunate news this morning that grandma passed away. Just waiting to find out the details before we start driving over to Wyoming. Will have to figure out work, signing lease, and all of that stuff too. Will handle it and get over to be with family.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    edited June 2016
    Dawn- i'm sorry to hear about your grandma. (((Hugs))) to you and your family.

Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing

Goblet squat-4X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-19 X7X 35

Week three of transitioning to the 35 pound kettle bell. I guess I will have to get ready to buy the next size up!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Sorry about your grandma, Dawn x
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Sorry to hear that, Dawn. It can be hard having to wait, too - I hope you're with your family soon.

I was on my way to the gym and then had to come home, as we had someone coming to quote on painting windows and she changed the time... But I managed to use some weights we have at home, and do a bit of a workout:

One leg RDLs: 3x 10 each side with ... I dunno, a fairly heavy weight! These dumbbells are my husband's, mostly, and have plates that screw on, and I didn't count up what they weighed! I felt it, anyway, so heavy enough.
    One arm press: 2x10 each side with a slightly smaller weight.
    Rows: 2x10 each side with the smaller weight.

Not much, but better than nothing.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandma Dawn, I hope you get to be with your family soon.

I've decided I'm going to repeat week 3 of Wendler before deloading. I've been reading some interesting research on how menstrual cycles can affect strength and gains. Apparently there may be some greater benefits during the follicular phase and so I don't want to be deloading in that week. It may be neither here nor there really, but I figure it won't hurt.
  • 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Dawn, so sorry about the loss of your grandma, I also hope you will be with your family soon.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    What a crap day!

I hit 5x5 for 125lbs on the squat and that's about it. I ended up doing the roll of shame on the bench and my grip was way off for some sets and then my row sucked so hard I didn't even finish my sets. Ugh, I'm so mad at myself!

I also can't do a pull up and I have to do them assisted. Blah all around!