Please allow me to introduce myself...

Options

Replies

• bigguy075
    bigguy075 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    All of you GoaDies know the twisted sense of humor my ex hates, and some things never change, especially because I'm enjoying life. Beginning with Monday "What Day Is It" will be on this site, FB and WW until their message board evaporates.
  • Lifetimer1111
    Lifetimer1111 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone ~ Glad to have found this board! I'm LeeEllis over at WW. Returning Lifetimer here trying to get back to tracking and happy weight after hospicing both my parents. Yes, I slipped and no that's not an excuse - it's just what happened :) 25 pounds to go... once gain!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • mrpher
    mrpher Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Chris. I'm mrpher on GOAD on the WW board and mrpher here too. I used to be a very active poster on GOAD, but now I normally just check in when I can. I'd like to lose a few pounds to get closer to where I was when I was at my lowest weight, but my motivation isn't very strong right now. Hanging in there and waiting to get back "in the zone" again.
  • Jim48322
    Jim48322 Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Formerly Jim376, I joined WW in Jan 2013 @ 376# and age 65. Life time of being over weight, losing weight but always gaining it back plus more.
    Joined WW "one more time" in lieu of WLS. After learning a lot on GOAD, having a great WW Mtg Ldr, WW meeting group IRL and exercising I have truly Changed my Lifestyle. I have lost 135#, now at 241 but still obese on dreaded BMI chart.
    I rededicated my efforts in Jan 2016 and my loss rate is about a pound a week, I am on line here and the GDT group now on Pro boards. I also use WW Connect. I will use everything and anything that helps me get to Onederland❗️
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    You are doing great Jim!
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi lee.less (Lee) here, I was a participant on the GOAD on WW website for a little while now and decided to join the fun here too. I am Lifetime status (just recently returned to goal) and hoping to lose another 10lbs and need to add toning/muscle building to my routine not just cardio for exercise. Looking forward to the future conversations. :)
  • mjamike432
    mjamike432 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Mike and I'm back on WW again. It is the only thing that works for me yet I can't seem to stick with it....Need to lose about 40#'s. Joined with my daughter who wants to lose some weight for her upcoming wedding in December. Because of this I know I will lose weight, my wallet will be much lighter......
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Welcome Mike and Lee
  • wcpierce62
    wcpierce62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, and thank goodness (and Kim) I found GoaD again. Just coming back to WW, wouldn't know how to do it without GoaD. I lost 45 pounds on WW four years ago and slowly put 35 of them back on. Time to get serious and stay serious. My goal is 50 pounds below where I am now. But mostly my goal is to eat well, stay fit and feel good about myself. -Curtis
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Curtis!
  • WalkNH
    WalkNH Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Goadies. My name is K and I have been lurking since 2006, the year I joined WW, lost 30 pounds and found the GoaD message board. Managed to keep under goal for 2 years and have been slowly creeping up.
    I do want to say THANK YOU to all those who are active here, reading your posts have kept me closer to goal than I would have been without GoaD. Followed you all here to keep reading What Day is It and LTL.
    My main exercise is walking the dog and enjoying retirement in southern NH.
    As others have stated, time to get serious and get back to WW goal.

• wwchrisdad
    wwchrisdad Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Was chrisdad on WW message boards but says already in use. Been doing WW (meetings) since Feb. '03. Been at goal (198) for about 3 years and started my journey at 287.7 lbs. A confirmed meeting attender for the accountability but always enjoyed the boards when they were going strong.
  • goldenfrisbee
    Options
    Welcome Curtis, K and chrisdad
  • KATGIRLNC1972
    KATGIRLNC1972 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It's me, KATGIRLNC1972, used to be KATGIRL1972 on the WW boards. Been doing WW for years and years, off and on. I live in Raleigh, NC with my hubs of 20 years, 2 boys, and boxer dog and enjoy a very active lifestyle these days.

I'm down ~45 from my high weight point and still have about 15 lbs or so to go to my goal, unless I change how I define that.

The GOAD board helped me "get real" about how some of my habits were working against me and to consider how to make changes to get the results I wanted.

Glad to see a lot of familiar faces on the new GOAD board.

And yes, WW did do us a favor by forcing us to find a new home.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hi, Guys. Finally made it over here to MFP! I've been a GOAD since Oct 2007, happy to find so many of you here already. I have been hovering at 20 lbs over goal weight for over a year. I'd like to shed at least 10 of that and have been making some progress. I track calories on the LoseIt! app and haven't paid for WW in many years. I like running, lifting, biking, and hiking. Husband, dad, lawyer . . . Twin Cities, MN.

• goldenfrisbee
    Options
    Welcome Kat and Calvin. Glad to see you found us over here on MFP
  • novo7412
    novo7412 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Newbie here. I'm novo7412 also known as Corbin. I have tried WW one other time so hopefully second time is the charm (I don't want to go for three!) My photo is at my optimal weight, was there 3 years and 35 pounds ago but now not so much.

As far as my WW participation, I'm an online member only. I don't think I would do well with the meetings. So, I have to try to find my motivation somewhere else. I like the MFP board better than the WW ones. When I tried WW last year and failed, I tried to participate in the WW community boards, but felt like I was ignored.

My greatest challenge is motivation and moving around. I am a full time student again and find myself sitting at computers all day writing papers.

General Question: For those on WW, do you log our days on MFP as well? I don't like to think about double posting everything twice but will for the best results.

Nice to meet everyone. Have a great adventure.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome Corbin.

I'm more likely to log my food on MFP that I was with WW e-Tools. I follow the original Core plan so, as WW kept evolving with new plans, e-Tools became less useful to me. I already *know* which foods are Core foods so my focus now is making sure (calorie-wise) that I'm not unconsciously overeating on those foods. WW e-Tools didn't provide a means for me to do that.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,307 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Corbin!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Welcome Corbin. I track on MFP and paper track smart points. I go a monthly lifetime meeting. I decided last fall that ETools weren't worth the cost.