augus[t] someone should make a new daily workout thread then

Options
canadianlbs
canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
B) nothing else to report yet, personally.

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Nice one. :wink:

Sunday I did bench press and deadlift at the gym in effort to get back together since the driving and such made it difficult to do the lifting 4 days a week. Back to the upper/lower approach now though, with both upper including bench. On the plus side of not competing, I don't have a set date to peak on per se, which is good since I need to get some of the lifts up a little in order to work towards my goals.

Sunday

bench - 2x8@ 45, 1x6 @ 65, 4x6 @ 75
    ohp - 3x5 @ 65
    good morning - 3x10 @ 65
    deadlift - 1x6 @ 135, 1x5 @ 185, 1x1 @ 205 and 3x5 with belt at 195

205 felt too heavy so shifted down. Was supposed to do 4x6 but need to work my way up a little more. Belt helped though.

Tuesday

bench - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65 and 4c5 @ 80
    chin up - 3x2, one pull up
    cable bicep curl 3x8 @ 30
    face pull 3x10 @ 30
    bent over row 3x8 @ 80 - challenging on the last reps.

Also am trying to set up the free personal trainer session at the gym just out of curiosity. It's an anytime fitness so not quite geared towards powerlifting. One of the questions he asked when taking notes to set it up was which body part I wanted to focus on... Kinda stared for a second cause yeah, all. Not going for a particular spot. But we'll see how it goes once it gets set up. Need to work on my protein as it's easy to get carbs cheap and my roommates don't eat meat much, plus our oven doesn't actually work. We need to put in a note with the apartment cause it's brand new but doesn't get to a temperature that will actually cook anything and the stove top clicks but doesn't light so can't use them either. I have a slow cooker and sister has a pressure cooker, just haven't use them for any protein sources yet, mostly just vegetables. Able to get low calories but need to work on the macros. Always something to work on.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me! Thanks Canadianlbs for starting the thread!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Oops, didn't see the August thread. I accidentally posted this in the July one.

I just started back on actual stronglifts since breaking to run a different program. In all honesty I missed the strength focus of SL. (I did keep a lot of the compounds in but not as frequently as I should have to gain/maintain my strength)

Squats - 1x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 65, 1x5 @ 95, 5x5 @ 120
    OHP - 2x5 @ 45, 5x5 @ 70
    Deadlift - 1x5 @ 135, 2x5 @ 165 - I was supposed to do 175 on my last set but I stepped away to grab chalk and forgot to add weight to the bar!!! Haha! Oops!

Today my hips are hurting. When I last ran SL my hips caused some issues, which is why I moved to a more glute strengthening program. I really hope this doesn't flare up again...I love squats...WHY CANT THEY LOVE ME?! :(
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X95
    OHP-1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL-1X5X 145

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-19X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Had a family funeral to go to today so just did a short hiit session at home this morning. Rest day tomorrow, so nothing much to report until the weekend!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Good day today. I'm struggling on OHP but I'm not surprised. I tried the Olympic bar today and it's still too heavy. Will try again on Friday before I go back to the baby bar on Monday if I must.

Went up with fractionals on my squat, and hope to make 100 pounds on Friday.

Deadlift was great. I think I have one more increase before I stall. It felt close today.

I skipped all the accessory work today since I was in a time crunch.

ryhitd8pocda.png

• fanncy0626
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    Had a family funeral to go to today so just did a short hiit session at home this morning. Rest day tomorrow, so nothing much to report until the weekend!

I'm sorry to hear that. (((hugs)))
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Week 3/Workout B
    Squats: 5x5 @ 55lbs
    Overhead Press: 5x5 @ 38lbs
    Deadlifts: 5x5 @ 82lbs

Additional:
    Hammer Curls: 3x8 @ 10lbs
    Tricep Kickbacks: 3x8 @ 10lbs
    Lat Pulldowns: 3x8 @ 40lbs

I only increased the squats 1lb from Monday. They felt better, but I still feel like I'm leaning forward too much.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I can finally post!
    Hi everyone!!
    Week 2:
    squats: 55# 5/5/5/5/5
    Bench: 55# 5/5/5/5/4
    Barbell row: 40# 5/5/5/5/5
    Was planning on doing planks as an accessory, but was really fatigued by the time I was done. I lift at home and don't have a rack, just a spotter. Its getting difficult to get my squat weight on my shoulders, and my arms and shoulders are tiring very quickly because of it.
    Was Working on my row form, amd it just feels really weird to me. I have the bar on plates for height, but even so it feels strange. I have an existing back injury, and want to be really careful!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    skipping workouts for a few days because of a twinge in my lower back that's kind of worrying me.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    skipping workouts for a few days because of a twinge in my lower back that's kind of worrying me.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    Oops, didn't see the August thread. I accidentally posted this in the July one.

Today my hips are hurting. When I last ran SL my hips caused some issues, which is why I moved to a more glute strengthening program. I really hope this doesn't flare up again...I love squats...WHY CANT THEY LOVE ME?! :(

How wide is your stance? Sometimes an overly wide stance (what is wide can depend on the person) can cause hip problems.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am starting again for the month of August. Hoping to be about half way to goal by the end of October. I have 12 weeks and I am so tired of "starting" over again. My goal, hit the gym 3 days a week and workout at home 3 days a week and stick to my food journal.

Went to the gym on Tuesday for legs and will workout at home today. :)
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me today - but a good one as it started off with hubby saying "you need a belt"....as I put on the trousers that were PAINFUL to wear at the beginning of the year :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Week four, day two, of five-week program transitioning from 7 reps to 10 using the 35 pound kettle bell.
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Good day today. I'm struggling on OHP but I'm not surprised. I tried the Olympic bar today and it's still too heavy. Will try again on Friday before I go back to the baby bar on Monday if I must.

Went up with fractionals on my squat, and hope to make 100 pounds on Friday.

Deadlift was great. I think I have one more increase before I stall. It felt close today.

I skipped all the accessory work today since I was in a time crunch.

ryhitd8pocda.png

How do you copy this from SL App to MFP?
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can't post a screenshot because I have an Android. Good workout tonight!

Squat: 2x5@45, 1x3@65, 5x5@100lbs
    Deadlift: 1x5@145lbs (I started increasing by 5 each time, not 10)
    OHP: 5x5@60lbs (again)

Hard to understand how I'll be able to do 65 on OHP ever. But I cleaned 60 which was fun. I started out less than confident in the gym today for a few reasons, and I'm glad I pressed through. A friend showed up and we helped each other and had a good chat, too - was good to see him.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 1

4/8/16

Squats 30 kg (66 lbs) 5*5

Bench Press 27.5 kg (60.6 lbs) 5*5

Barbell row 37 kg ( 81.5 lbs) 5*5

Machine workouts:

Lat. Pull down 10 kg(22 lbs) 10X3
    Biceps Pull 10 kg (22 lbs) 10X3

Hi all!

I am a beginner in strong lift program. Moving at my own pace to complete 16 weeks/ 48 sessions of SL. I am curious to see result at the end of this. It's inspiring to read everyone's posts here in this forum!

Week 4 Day 3

1/8/16

Squats 30 kg (66 lbs) 5*5

O.Press 20 kg (44 lbs) 5*5

Deadlift 47 kg (103.6 lbs) 5*5

Machine workouts:

Lat. Pull down 10 kg(22 lbs) 10X3
    Biceps Pull 10 kg (22 lbs) 10X3

• sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Week 3/Workout A

Squats: 5x5 @ 58lbs
    Bench Press: 5x5 @ 50lbs
    Pendlay Rows: 5x5 @ 50lbs

Additional:
    Flyes: 3x8 @ 10lbs
    Reverse Flyes: 3x8 @ 10lbs
    Bent Over Arm Pulls: 3x8 @ 10lbs
    Planks: 3x45sec
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Here was what I got accomplished yesterday.

Week 12, Total Weeks 12

Warmup Incline treadmill, Sprint/Walk 1/2 mile
    Squats 2x5 95 warmup, 5x5 125(tried to go to 130 but failed.. I'll get it next time.)
    OHP 1x5 45 warmup, 5x5 62.5
    Deadlift 1x5 115 warmup, 1x5 155

Accessories (done like a circuit):
    Face Pulls 3x12 60lbs
    Cable Crunch 3x12 130lbs
    6in leg raises 3x12