What's the meaning behind

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    The usernames are always interesting.

My hubs has always called me Sunshine (when he's not calling me Devil Woman), and I love bunnies! And squirrels, but sunny bunny squirrel didn't have a good flow.

Ugh ... Now I've got that "puppy monkey baby" commercial in my head. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql7uY36-LwA

Ha!!! Omg! That's so weird!!!!
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    My user name is a lifestyle

I'm already where I wanted to be and better really. The funny thing is, lower carb eating and almost no sugar did it.

Working is related to a fun new lifestyle of working out.

Lean - it just happens all by itself on low carb.

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Mine was bbc86...my initials And birth year. But then I thought it I put keto in there I would attract more LCHF friends..and the lady part..well, I'm a lady
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Your username??
    Mine is a bit of a play on my favorite phrase.
    "Leave me alone I'm procaffinating!"
    Procaffinating = drinking coffee while procrastinating >:)

I think we had a thread about this before. But, I will retell my reasons. I used to have a different name on here. It doesn't matter, few here even know me as that. I won't bother explaining that one. LOL

In college, I earned the nickname Goat. It was based on a specific incident involving food and alcohol, but also my history of being able/willing to eat anything. Throw in my stubborn and rebellious nature, and the name stuck. Even today, I get introduced by college friends as "Goat." If I am at an event with people from my college, I often introduce myself with my normal name then add, "but most people here will call me Goat." Far too often, they've already heard stories about me under that name.

So, that's the Goat part. The FIT prefix? It has two meanings. One is an acronym that's unrelated to here and unimportant. The other fits my goal of being a fit goat, a fit and healthy person. So, yeah. That's basically it.
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    BaconSan is for Bacon Sandwich the thing I was craving when I made my name up. I have 3 other names - one for each Wii, PS4 and Twitter & I hope they never meet each other.
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Riche is short for Richelle (I usually go by Shelli though) 120-ish is my goal weight. I thought if I saw the goal in writing everyday it would help me to stay focused on it.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    That's smart @Riche120. Very smart.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Mine is pretty boring. My name is Kirstie, and my goal weight is 155! Some of yours are so interesting, I wish I had come up with a better one.

Bavk in the days of aol, I had a screen name with my first name, then moved on to Gmail and still included my first name. Then onto mfp. Really need more grown-up and mysterious screen names, haha.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    I am pathologically private. I have never used my real name online except shopping. As if the world was very interested in my opinions, I know. I am working on it.

I have a couple of names I use around but they're silly and were already taken on MFP. Since I came here looking for support and motivation when I went keto to cure diabetes, I tried KetoGirl because that was what I wanted to be. It was taken so I added 83, which is a number significant to me.

::flowerforyou::
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Mine is so boring compared to all of yours - my first two initials and last name. I have no creativity :lol:
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    I loves bacon. So when I went keto.... bacon+slave
    I will do anything for bacon. And also a play on how I felt success was only possible through keto, so perhaps it was an underhanded dig by my inner carb-addict who felt like a slave.

That was 2 years ago though, so....now it's all just. NOM....bacon....droool.

After 2 years you have now become the Bacon Master!!! :D:D:D

Word UP!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    I loves bacon. So when I went keto.... bacon+slave
    I will do anything for bacon. And also a play on how I felt success was only possible through keto, so perhaps it was an underhanded dig by my inner carb-addict who felt like a slave.

That was 2 years ago though, so....now it's all just. NOM....bacon....droool.

After 2 years you have now become the Bacon Master!!! :D:D:D
    :

Word UP!

:lol:
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    I will be honest...I don't like too much personal info out there and my previous name held a bit too much.
    I chose LemonMarmalade because I am a lemon fanatic. I don't eat marmalade anymore but man thinking up a new user name was tough! Hahaha
  • CeliaSea
    CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
    @LemonMarmalade Agreed. I sometimes wonder if having my first name/photo on there is too much. I can say that I don't actually live in Ohio. I changed it when I realized you could search members by state. My ex's new love interest is a bit of a web stalker and my weight struggles are the LAST thing I want her to have access to! :D
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Mine was somehow machine generated. I am not super, and my profile shows my age incorrectly (can't seem to change it) but anyway, it is what it is.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Mine is totally boring, think I am going to change it to reflect my new lifestyle - so instead of my name - time to change to carnivore cat - a play on words with my name (Kathleen) and the fact that I love cats
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Trish is my nickname and as I was an over the road truck driver for many years, 55011 is the number of my favorite truck. "Vinny the Volvo". Out of all of the rigs I have driven, Vinny was the best. I always think about Vinny whenever I use trish55011.
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    I turned 40 this year and decided it was time to make a major change to how I've been living... I tried every diet BUT LC for the past 17 years and just kept gaining weight, so this is my new life... It isn't going the way I hoped, but I'm committed and damn it, my body WILL get healthier.
  • Mommytee3x
    Mommytee3x Posts: 7 Member
    My kids used to call me mommy. And my friends have always called me "t".