Thrown out of Ketosis

Options
2»

Replies

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got shamed! Boo to that! I think it would benefit if you read a book like the , The New Atkins for You. I think its a good foundation to start with. Berries are low in carbs so as far a fruit, they are better to eat than say pineapples. Have you done a macro calculator yet? that will help with setting goals for fat, protein, carbs. I think we all need a blueprint to follow and work it out from there. Hope this helps!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I think the list looks just fine. There's a few things on there I choose not to eat like alligator, reindeer and snake (and other's in the meat/organ category) but the berries? If you can fit them into your personal carb allowance, go for it!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty hard core when it comes to sugars and I'll even eat berries sometimes.
    I just don't eat a whole bunch of them. That's what works for me.
  • rhjsgal354
    rhjsgal354 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all. I am still a work in progress.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss you're the best!
    Always a shining example of support and I just wanted to cheer for you for a minute.
    Xoxo

Yep!! Knit it the best
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    BC Powder might be an option?? I've never used it, but know many who swear by it.

That is straight aspirin. Keep in mind aspirin especially in powder form taken to often can cause ulcers and thin the blood.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Advil Children's Berry liquid is sugar free and dye free but of course it's for children so not sure how much you'd have to drink.
    Active ingredient:
    (in each 5mL)
    Solubilized ibuprofen equal to
    Ibuprofen 100 mg (NSAID)*
    *Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug

Inactive Ingredients:
    artificial flavor, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid monohydrate, edetate disodium, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose, xanthan gum
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    Everyone's ignoring what you said - LIQUID TYLENOL. Liquid medications are always sweetened so they don't taste like crap going down. There's a LOT of sugar in them which yes, knocked you out of ketosis. Liquid Nyquil and Dayquil are also repeat offenders. It doesn't help that the bottles don't show nutrition information and only list medical ingredients.

As far as your keto headache, increasing sodium helps, but if you feel you need Tylenol stick with pill form only. Make sure to check this guide and make sure you're getting enough sodium, potassium and magnesium. https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq#wiki_adapting_to_a_low_carb_lifestyle

Fixing the cause of the headache is what's needed, which prevents the need for the Tylenol in the first place. I don't believe anything was being ignored. :blush:
    rhjsgal354 wrote: »
    So, I was want shamed on here for eating starving Aries, raspberries and BlackBerries. This is why I am so confused as to what to eat what not to eat and so forth. I am including a link that I have found. Please let me know if I'm all wet or not http://pin.it/n1GXn7B

Eating berries is a personal choice. If they fit your macros, and don't cause problems (cravings from the sugar, or headaches) then go for it! No shaming for this! :smiley: Being confused at first isn't unusual! This is a whole, new way of looking at food choices. We were all confused in the beginning :smile:
    rhjsgal354 wrote: »
    Thank y'all. I am still a work in progress.

Even after a year and a half I'm still a work in progress! No one ever learns it all! Hugs for you for committing to yourself!

@KnitOrMiss , you have a unique ability to offer advice that rocks! You should write, and submit to publishers with this ability! @Sunny_Bunny_ too! :blush:

And yes, always be careful with aspirin, and ibuprofen products! They have the side effects of ulcers, and blood thinning ability, that can be harmful for some people (like me!)! :smile: