Where Are You From??

Options

Replies

• MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    South Florida, but I'm frequently in the Central Florida area too.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @timetoloseweight , where are you in Mississippi? I'm on the gulf coast, near Biloxi! Not far from Mobile, Alabama too!

I live in N. Mississippi, but I am originally from Lucedale. Where do you live?

• BrittaniMyChelle
    BrittaniMyChelle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm from Hampton Roads,VA. Virginia Beach specifically.
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Not too far from Ft Worth, Texas --- good 'ole Cowtown, where the West begins LOL
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Not too far from Ft Worth, Texas --- good 'ole Cowtown, where the West begins LOL

Ok that's at least 4 of us... coffee klatch!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @missippibelle, I'm in Hurley! 20 miles south of Lucedale! Saw you a little earlier, on another thread, and wondered where you are in Mississippi. @Time2LoseWeightNOW, and I, are planning a face to face meet for the near future. Would have been cool if you were this direction!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @collegefbfan: Go Hokies!!!!!!! :)
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Spoke to my wife about this great group. She and I would be cool with a meet up at a central location. We live in Virginia, but are so very close to North Carolina. Durham, Burlington, Greensboro, High Point, maybe close to Raleigh or Salisbury. Let us know!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »

My husband is a VT alum. We're Hokie fans in a state where Roll Tide! rules and War Eagle! is a commonly heard greeting.

Excited to see how it goes under Fuentes.
  • Laurashar34
    Laurashar34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK (and currently living on the Norfolk broads)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

My husband is a VT alum. We're Hokie fans in a state where Roll Tide! rules and War Eagle! is a commonly heard greeting.

Excited to see how it goes under Fuentes.

ohhh...tough life! I lived in Northern AL for a while and I didn't care about college ball....I was not well liked. I had to choose a side....the Tide or the Eagle. I'd choose whichever side I thought they liked...sigh....to this day, no college ball for me.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    That's like living in North Carolina. I quickly learned after moving here (30 years ago) one must have a college BASKETBALL affiliation. UNC, Duke and NC State are all 20 minutes from me in different directions. My earlier years were those of Jimmy Valvano, Coach Krzyzewski and Dean Smith. My order is Duke, State, Carolina. My husband's is State, Duke and ABC (anyone but Carolina).

Truth is though, we're football fans. I'm die hard Steelers having been raised north of Pittsburgh. Husband is die hard Hawkeye (U of Iowa) having been raised in Eastern Iowa. The joy is Black and Gold. Trivia: Hayden Fry obtained permission from the Steelers franchaise to pattern the Hawkeye's uniform after the Steelers uniform. We love visiting each other's hometown. They're both football towns and everyone is dressed in Black and Gold. We're both "at home".
  • supergal3
    Options
    nicsflyingcircus: Nice to meet another fan. I live in the land of tigers and gamecocks!! Even though I worked at USC I proudly wore my VT on casual Friday. (No one acknowedged it :'( We did okay today but gosh it was Liberty.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    T My husband's is State, Duke and ABC (anyone but Carolina).

Your husband is a smart man! My 5-year old grandson calls Carolina - the stinky TarHeels. His NC State alum parents taught him that.

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @bametels Grandma had no influence there?? :smile:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    nicsflyingcircus: Nice to meet another fan. I live in the land of tigers and gamecocks!! Even though I worked at USC I proudly wore my VT on casual Friday. (No one acknowedged it :'( We did okay today but gosh it was Liberty.

My husband wore both his VT Polo and hat yesterday to our daughter's soccer tournament in Murfreesboro, TN. Got lots of attention and encouragement to go beat the Vols next weekend, whoot.

And yeah, it was only Liberty, but after some of the games against FCS teams in the past couple years, I'll take it!
  • supergal3
    Options
    @nicsflyingcircus: Outwardly I take all wins, inwardly not so much. LOL
  • Andiidee
    Andiidee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    South Carolina Low Country here; Beaufort County. Back on the wagon after "taking a break for the holidays" just before Thanksgiving :(
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wellington, New Zealand. Am I the only kiwi in here?
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Far north central Illinois, right on the Wisconsin border. Moved here 4 years ago. Originally from south central Minnesota. Go Vikings!