Options
    *swoon* @The Rock :love:
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options

No meats even??? Seriously???? Geez. :neutral:

Bagels/cream cheese/fruit salad

Sandwiches/chips/cookies

They did have a few breakfast sandwiches with scrambled eggs and ham...could have pulled that apart. But, was so glad that I had my protein shake for breakfast and egg/chicken salad for lunch!
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening, and thank you all for the opportunity to check in here! I'm taking everything I'm learning from lots of reading and working on my action plan. Today, I only ate one piece of cheese and some homemade bone broth before 3pm, a sort of semi-fast. I ate my real meals between 3pm and 7pm and consumed 1200 total calories with 20 grams net carbs. I had a little brain fog and hunger when I first woke up this morning (hence the early morning ounce of cheese) and staved off a headache with two cups of salty bone broth. I am going to check my blood sugar 2 hours post-prandial (after a meal) at 8pm tonight to start monitoring the effects of this way of life on blood sugar. It can only get better...:)

Have a great evening, everybody.

Rosey
  • VictoriaEllis1984
    Options
    Yesterday I felt tired. Probably a lag over from the 7km swim on Sat combined with my first sprint session on Monday. I ate well, managed 47g net carbs, about 100g fat and about 130g protein. Macros still sitting in 20/50/30 even though trying to reduce protein. Hvaing said that it seems to be working in a fashion as muscles still feel strong and body starting show signs of trimming up.

Yesterday went to the gym and workes on back and abs. Then out with the dogs for their 1.8m walk. To finish down to the pool for training. More sprints, lots of kick (ouch!). We managed 4km.

Weighed in today. Frustrated that scales went up from 67.9kg to 68.2kg but body fat fell from 19.6 to 19.3%. Not sure how that works but taking it as progress!!!!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Might as well confess here too, since I already have on my wall. A while after posting my food here I proceeded to binge on about 3000 calories (not over exaggerating). I had this insane sweet craving. And I just ate...well, everything.

I even took an extra magnesium fizzy because it's strawberry flavoured. And an extra serving of protein powder, also strawberry flavoured. Then it was ham and LC bread, cheese and I can't remember what else. It all was low carb, although I doubt I stayed within my keto limits.

I don't know if the Lindt chocolates set it off or what, even though they fit into my carb goal at the start of the day. I can't say that it's the keto gingercookies, they really aren't that sweet.

Today I'm sooo tired. I just want to sleep all day honestly. And you'd think I'd have a ton of energy after that....feast.... And I'm STILL craving sweet stuff. But I'm setting limits for myself today. 3 meals and that's it. Meh.
  • Got2lose43
    Got2lose43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im hoping to lose 28lb by Christmas... I am banned from the gym by physio at least a month but been banned from anything but spin for a long time ...I love running and done 2 marathons but not allowed to do that now until they sort out whats wrong with me booohooo..just off shopping to get my foods sorted then on for a good day :) love reading all your posts it gives me ideas :)
  • VictoriaEllis1984
    VictoriaEllis1984 Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Might as well confess here too, since I already have on my wall. A while after posting my food here I proceeded to binge on about 3000 calories (not over exaggerating). I had this insane sweet craving. And I just ate...well, everything.

I even took an extra magnesium fizzy because it's strawberry flavoured. And an extra serving of protein powder, also strawberry flavoured. Then it was ham and LC bread, cheese and I can't remember what else. It all was low carb, although I doubt I stayed within my keto limits.

I don't know if the Lindt chocolates set it off or what, even though they fit into my carb goal at the start of the day. I can't say that it's the keto gingercookies, they really aren't that sweet.

Today I'm sooo tired. I just want to sleep all day honestly. And you'd think I'd have a ton of energy after that....feast.... And I'm STILL craving sweet stuff. But I'm setting limits for myself today. 3 meals and that's it. Meh.

Please, please dont beat yourself up!! I think sometimes we are so strict with ourselves that its almost inevitable to fall off the horse!! I try not to deny myself anything, yes even crisps, chocolate and wine!! As soon as I say no to myself, then thats it, I go into overload and stuff my face stupid and feel so guilty afterwards (Please see Sundays post! ooops!!). This is not good your mental health!

You are probably having a sugar crash!! But please, do not dwell on yesterday, it was a blip and something that is not permanent. Focus on what you have achieved and keep looking forward. Try a berry smoothie with unsweetened almond milk or perhaps a chocolate smoothie made with 2tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened almond milk, cream and 2tbsp coconut flour and sweeten to taste to fill you up - that is soooo satisfying!!
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Roseygirl1 wrote: »
    Good evening, and thank you all for the opportunity to check in here! I'm taking everything I'm learning from lots of reading and working on my action plan. Today, I only ate one piece of cheese and some homemade bone broth before 3pm, a sort of semi-fast. I ate my real meals between 3pm and 7pm and consumed 1200 total calories with 20 grams net carbs. I had a little brain fog and hunger when I first woke up this morning (hence the early morning ounce of cheese) and staved off a headache with two cups of salty bone broth. I am going to check my blood sugar 2 hours post-prandial (after a meal) at 8pm tonight to start monitoring the effects of this way of life on blood sugar. It can only get better...:)

Have a great evening, everybody.

Rosey

Hi Rosey I just wanted to tell you I'm inspired by your story. I'm 42 and have severe arthritis in my left hip. Lots of pain. I keep plugging along because the other option is to give up, gain weight and be in an electric wheelchair.

Anyways I just wanted to cheer. You along. Keep going!

Mary
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Please, please dont beat yourself up!! I think sometimes we are so strict with ourselves that its almost inevitable to fall off the horse!! I try not to deny myself anything, yes even crisps, chocolate and wine!! As soon as I say no to myself, then thats it, I go into overload and stuff my face stupid and feel so guilty afterwards (Please see Sundays post! ooops!!). This is not good your mental health!

You are probably having a sugar crash!! But please, do not dwell on yesterday, it was a blip and something that is not permanent. Focus on what you have achieved and keep looking forward. Try a berry smoothie with unsweetened almond milk or perhaps a chocolate smoothie made with 2tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened almond milk, cream and 2tbsp coconut flour and sweeten to taste to fill you up - that is soooo satisfying!!

Thanks so much, but actually I'm not hungry today. Lol. Which is all well and good. I'll just fast until I get hungry enough to eat. I do think my body could use a break anyway after last night. It certainly seems to hint at it.

Thanks a lot for the smoothie ideas! They both sound delicious. Definitely trying them sooner rather than later. :wink:

I don't know about the sugar crash, because I didn't actually consume any sugar yesterday, except for the Lindt chocolates. Which I thought would be fine because they were right after my workout. Guess not. Lol

As for the strict part, I'm usually not so strict. Well, I am with actual sugary things. All things to avoid on keto. Yet I do make keto versions of all my favourites for myself, and have at them whenever I want. (I had 8 keto gingercookies for dinner last night, Lol, they're fatbombs meant to help my digestion, but they were darn delicious too)
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's food was protein shake, egg/chicken salad and chicken/cheese with a mashed avocado. No snacks. Well, I did have some sunflower seeds right after dinner, but was within an hour or so of eating. 133P; 22C/9net; 77F

Didn't get any exercise in. Felt exhausted and had a headache when I got home and crawled into bed by 8. Probably partial meeting fatigue and transitioning back into ketosis.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    *swoon* @The Rock :love:

Yep same here for the Rock :love: hehe
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    today went good. I got a short walk in before hospital. had a good breakfast and packed my lunch. I didn't expect to still be at hospital so I'm stuck with caf food but will hopefully be able to find something.

I love that there was no stress eating today. 4 months ago I'd have eaten a weeks worth of calories today...and all carbs lol!

they should have a gym at hospitals for people waiting for family to get out of surgery!!

I can't wait to weigh Saturday! thanks for starting this thread moonkat it totally remotivated me!

I'm very happy to hear you're motivated by this thread, you made my day :smiley:

How's your daughter doing?

Yes they should have a gym at the hospital for everyone starting with doctors and nurses. And remove the fast food and chocolate vendors from the hospital.
  • sinathia
    sinathia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Would like to join. Been keto since july 11 lost 23 lbs. and i need a support till Christmas for sure!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    sinathia wrote: »
    Would like to join. Been keto since july 11 lost 23 lbs. and i need a support till Christmas for sure!

Welcome sinathia. You're at the right place and everyone here are super amazing and supportive.
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is an inspiring thread!

I was really stoked to discover that my 2 hour post-meal blood sugar was only 98. That's pretty good! (That's after a few days of net carbs up to 20gms.) It means my system is repairable!

Woke this morning not hungry, despite beginning nighttime fast at 7pm. (Usually need a bedtime snack.) Made coffee with coconut oil in my Ninja, and it was good! I have a long day away from home (won't be home until 9pm or later) and very physical day. I just made a huge salad with avocado, canned red salmon, olives, some roast chicken, and olive oil and apple cider vinegar to bring with me. Also two cups of salty bone broth. I will bring some almonds with me in case I get really hungry. I am intending to eat my first food around 1 or 2pm, making for an 18 or 19 hour overnight fast (except for the coconut milk in the coffee).

It's been a week of low carb, and I feel great! Does the low carb flu hit after a week? The only symptoms I have had was yesterday, day 5, when I was painfully hungry and headache-y, and that went away with two cups of very salty bone broth and some mineral water, along with an epsom salt bath.

Could I possibly be through the worst of it?

Rosey
  • MoonKat7
    Options

Your body needed sugar and it was building up on craving it. If your monthly cycle is close that is another reason.

Since I'm using my phone I'll give you a quick advice and I'll share more info later.
    Eat/ add a dash of cinnamon everyday to your food. It will help with the sugar cravings.

You're feeling tired bec after eating the sugar you had a spike in your blood sugar which it released the insulin. The insulin took away all the sugar in your blood so you might felt hungry after that big meal and it's also why you feel tired.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Ladies. I'll read the rest of the posts soon have to run

Quick update for yesterday
    It was a long day, I had 2 classes to instruct. My arm still in pain not sure if I told you about it. My class was amazing and very understanding for my injury

I didn't workout but did 30 min spin as part of my classes and abs twice lol

Food was good but carbs was over 70g

Today is day 1 for carbs under 50g. Wish me luck ;)

Have a great day everyone!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    A quick post. Read here about eating cinnamon for sugar craving
    http://cinnamonvogue.com/blog/6-reasons-why-cinnamon-can-kill-your-sugar-cravings/