Daily Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• danzrlove
    danzrlove Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Yesterday I did 80 minutes of Zumba/ dance cardio then in the evening worked on a dance I'm teaching for my volunteer job. Today is rest day on the BWLW calendar so I'll just focus on finishing the dance. Glad to see this post so I can join.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pushed it out and WORKED today! Thankful for being refocused. See you ladies tomorrow.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Tonight is pole. My groin area is giving me a little bit of issues b/c I slightly injured it a few weeks ago. Here's praying that I don't aggravate it too much during class tonight.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Couch to 10k completed today. My thighs are feeling the literal burn and are very irritated. :/ Weight training in the am. Stay strong ladies.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    :'( My thighs are better. I got some advice about bodyglide and simply wearing compression shorts during work outs. Over night, I dressed lightly and put shea butter on my inner thighs and that helped a ton. On to buying some compression shorts! On the other hand...this morning, I set my alarm clock for 3:30am so make it to the gym and my body was literally stuck. It was so painful to move. :'( I took some motrin which took the edge off. I'm glad that I woke up so early because I was contemplating calling out. I don't ever being in that amount of pain from working out. My mistake was gardening for almost 2 hours after working out in the AM and working a 12 hour shift. REST day for sure today and maybe tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling. After my 12 hour shift today, it's going to be a LONG very warm shower, icy hot strips, motrin and laying back on the couch. Have a productive day ladies! <3
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I'm going to skip my aerial class tonight and on Thursday's all together for now, and go to spin class instead. I'm terrified of aggravating my groin area to the point of a real injury. I don't have time for the injury b/c that would hinder my progress, plus it's just a really painful injury (I've had it before) b/c you use that muscle for everything, driving, walking, climbing stairs, climbing into bed, etc.

TLDR: spin class tonight in place of aerial class due to fear of making slight injury worst.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Tonight is a rest night. I have to work for a few hours this evening and then I really need to wash my hair.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello ladies! Yes jdhcm2006! I had to wash my hair the other day too. It was gross. Today, I feel 75% better so I'm going to take another knee and rest today so that I can go full force tomorrow. I didn't do any of what I planned on doing to ease the pain last night. I went home, ordered some Jamaican food and then had a rum and coke. I felt LOVELY after that lol. Can't do that often anymore. Back at it tomorrow! Be strong ladies!
  • danzrlove
    Options
    Hi guys did Zumba today, a little Pilates/stretching and a superman followed by 10 arm extensions in plank(from another challenge)
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello ladies. Couch to 10k week 3 day 3 completed! Tomorrow is weight lifting. Catch you later.
  • danzrlove
    Options
    Hi ladies. 60 minute walk this morning.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Just partying today...Back at it tomorrow.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Hey all! I did about 45 minutes of pole work today before heading to work. Tomorrow I'm thinking about heading to a spin class.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Walked on the treadmill last night while watching football. Today I'm trying Daily Burn. I've been doing good on tracking my food this month with the exception of a couple of days.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Hello ladies! This is the fourth week of me being serious about working out and it isn't starting off so well. I'm feeling a bit stretched and stressed in my real life. Nothing too terrible, I just need to keep truckin'. I hope that you ladies are doing well.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Hello ladies! This is the fourth week of me being serious about working out and it isn't starting off so well. I'm feeling a bit stretched and stressed in my real life. Nothing too terrible, I just need to keep truckin'. I hope that you ladies are doing well.

I recommend using the exercise as a way to help you cope with that stress. Just let your mind go blank and do your workout. It's a tremendous stress reliever for me.

Yesterday, I did make it to spin class and it went well. Today is my aerial class so I'm looking forward to that.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. Sometimes I can get into my own head around this point (consistently working out after a couple of weeks). Realistically, I had 2 days off (which isn't a long time) but it felt longer. I decided to take some personal health days (called out of work) to give me some time with my family and time for myself. I didn't see your post earlier but I just decided to go to the gym and completed my couch to 10k run and my weight lifting. I'm feeling much better now but I hate to feel like I'm letting my progress slip. Continuing with week 4! Have a good night. See you all tomorrow.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Did a daily burn workout yesterday. Not too bad Not sure what I'm doing today. If I don't do DB then I'll either walk on the treadmill or do a walking DVD.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Today is pole. Every Wednesday, like clockwork.
  • PermissionGranted
    Options
    I doubled up yesterday so I'm pausing until tomorrow.