Please allow me to introduce myself...

Options

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Kramti386 wrote: »
    Kramti here, Name (Mark) and Profession (IT) backwards.

Mark!!

Hey, guys, Mark is back!

:)
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Kramti386 wrote: »
    Kramti here, Name (Mark) and Profession (IT) backwards. Was on the WW boards as the same. ks

LoL This reminded me of something I did in the 1990s after getting Banned from Atkins community Bull Boards.

After getting booted for some inappropriate posts I registered as SeeMajor.. It was a play on "Or James" backwards. They had a wild BB Goup called the Playground. That is where I learned a lot about online "fun". It was sorta like WW GDT group, fun but I had to learn not everyone appreciates my sense of humor.

• johnweerts
    johnweerts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    John here, use to be HoppyBrew on the system, though I rarely posted. This time I will work to be a better board member. I used to be a fairly active lurker, but the life got in the way and I even stopped lurking.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Welcome John. I look forward to your posts.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Welcome John Glad you found us here
    Participation is one of the most important parts for me on this board because I don't go to meetings. I really feel like I'm just as accountable as if I was stepping on the scale at a local WW meeting. Give a little, get a little, lose a little at a time.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pete, Mark & John. Or welcome back as the case may be!
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hey Mark and John--welcome / back! GOAD is a great resource. I learned way more here than at my (WW) meeting! I am fortunate to have a great leader and an engaged group but there's only so much that can be covered for 1/2-hour / week. GOAD is here 24/7!
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    minimyzeme wrote: »
    GOAD is here 24/7!

Truth be told, it does get pretty quiet here on the weekends............
  • JimfromColumbia
    JimfromColumbia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys.... yet another GoaD refugee from WW's board. I lost a bunch of weight and then ran off the tracks... (lots of reasons... no real good excuse) and I'm back. I was at 220 and over the last year and ahalf worked my way back to 257. I am working back down to 220 and beyond... I have committed to myself to get back on track today. I like to Bike (road biking mostly, but recently I've been eye-balling a hybrid to ride some of the trails around my home too...) I like to play RacquetBall and tend to join a couple different leagues at my club. Married, two kids currently on their own.... and there's more....
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jim. Sorry you experienced the weight gain. Same thing happened to me. Now I'm back on track and using MFP to track. I like biking as well and have a fantastic bike path that ambles along a river by my house. Goes all the way from southern Wisc. down at least 50 miles south. I ride a hybrid and really enjoy it. Too heavy to ride a road bike.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Jim.
  • jbrack381us
    jbrack381us Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Jim
  • myallforjcbill
    Options
    Good to see you back Jim!
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Welcome back Jim. Eyes on the prize, right?
  • JimfromColumbia
    Options
    thanks for the warm replys!
  • JimStruthers
    JimStruthers Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jim Struthers, was away from the message boards for a long time. I was at goal for a few years and was down 86 pounds during that time. Well, I'm NOT there anymore. I'm 20 pounds UP and can't seem to stop it. So I am back here hoping that newbies and oldies alike can give me a KITA I so deserve. No one to blame but me. But having problems getting back to motivated and tracking. That's me. I'll post my problem in another thread I guess as this is only introductory post, but the "old board" enjoyed kicking me around when I first started. Still haven't figured out why that happened years ago. Past history. Made a few good online friends on that board and went today to check it out and it's gone as all of you know I'm sure. I'll figure this place out soon!! Hello to all that remember me and all that don't know me. I need to get back into this.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Jim. You already know WHAT to do, now DO it!!! KITA administered. :D
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Welcome back Jim. Will wait for your next post to light into you but my (limited) experience is that tracking works! I don't know if the etools were available to you in your earlier round with WW. However, even with my slow internet, I can usually track on my phone at home. Never easier--maybe. Motivation is on you...
  • JimfromColumbia
    Options
    Hi Jim... glad you found the GoaDs page Part Deux! you are in good company... so ever downward....
  • myallforjcbill
    Options
    Welcome back Jim. Glad you found us!