Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Running the Sandy Point Half Marathon which is along a bay road in Melbourne, AUS on Sunday the 21st. Last taper run is tomorrow. It's meant to be 15C and raining on the day :(
  • jwschutz
    jwschutz Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    32K on Saturday, Resort to Rock.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Another 3.5 mile cross country race on Saturday. Still training through, this early in the season, so I don't expect greatness.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    East Farm Frolic 12 hour tommorow as a solo runner. I don't normally do the charity thing, but as it's my first Ultra I thought I'd support Combat Stress, the veterans mental health charity.

This arrived in the post yesterday:u134bs2hc4be.jpg

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Picked up the packet today for the Oak Tree Half on Sunday. For a $48 entry fee, got both a tech shirt and a pint glass, plus a jar of organic almond butter for being in the first 200 to pick up (or first 200 registered, I'm not sure how they measure.) I have a chance at another jar of organic nut butter by winning the age group. For reference, I'd pay $11 for the Wegman's brand of the same nut butter. Pricey, so I prefer to get the nut butter from races I wanted to run anyway.

ci5tlzraln4h.jpg
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm running on Thursday.

Is a 6 hour challenge run themed around Star Trek as is the 50th anniversary.

Plan to see how far I can get in the 6 hours, hoping my first marathon, but as long as I beat my current record i'm happy.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Harrisburg Half on Sunday.

Although this is just a training run for my fall marathon, I'll still give it a good effort. After running 20 miles on Monday, speedwork tonight, and 8 more on Friday I doubt I'll set any records, but ya never know.... :smile:
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Harrisburg Half on Sunday.

Although this is just a training run for my fall marathon, I'll still give it a good effort. After running 20 miles on Monday, speedwork tonight, and 8 more on Friday I doubt I'll set any records, but ya never know.... :smile:

Stranger things have happened!
  • STrooper
    Options
    marikaCL wrote: »
    I'm running on Thursday.

Is a 6 hour challenge run themed around Star Trek as is the 50th anniversary.

Plan to see how far I can get in the 6 hours, hoping my first marathon, but as long as I beat my current record i'm happy.

Shields up! Trans-warp drive ready and even a tractor beam if you need a little pull at the end! Live long and prosper!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 10K this weekend, and hoping to set a PR. Which is very do-able, since I haven't done very many 10Ks and have sucked in all of them. Heh. Until recently, it's always been my least favorite distance.
  • jppage67
    jppage67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Air Force Marathon tomorrow. This will be my second. I was hoping to beat my previous time, but it's going to be a little warmer than I had hoped, so I don't know if that will happen.
  • jenring3
    jenring3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Trail 10K tomorrow. I've only done a couple of trail races, just hoping to get through it without tripping over a rock!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Rochester Marathon tomorrow. It will be my third marathon. The primary goal is to manage the race well and finish in good shape. Forecast for gun time is 68° F (20° C), cloudy, and 95% humidity. It likely won't be a PR. I don't need it to BQ for 2017, and BAA has not yet announced the qualifying window for 2018. But I expect that today was the start of the 2018 qualifying window, so that will kind of be in the back of my mind. Don't want to be *too* slow. Then again, I'll have another shot at qualifying for 2018 next April.
  • runeddierun
    runeddierun Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Running the Wild Hog Marathon in Grand Forks North Dakota come September 24, 2016.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Sunday, September 25, Franklin Lakes NJ Half Marathon. My first.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Boundary Waters Bank Half Marathon in Ely MN. Going to go for a PR, and hopefully a BIG PR
  • STrooper
    Options
    Running the Carrboro (Paris of the Piedmont) 10K on Saturday 10/2. Looking to go sub-50 for the first time in a long time to qualify for the sub-50 group at the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston next April. Running the Inaugural Historic Hillsborough Half Marathon in Hillsborough, NC on Sunday, October 2nd. Running as practice for the Venice Marathon on 10/23 at MP rather than at HM Pace.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Running my 1st HM on Saturday, Oct 1st. I feel good about it, but a tad nervous about the hills. It's a smaller race, which I'm very glad about.

@STrooper ...Best wishes in your getting your sub-50 time!!
  • STrooper
    Options
    @BeeerRunner - And good luck to you on your first HM. Remember, as I say in my profile.

"Do not try to overcome the hill...that is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. There is no hill.Then you will realize that it is not the hill you overcome, it is only yourself."
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    @STrooper ... Thanks for the tip!! I think I'll add this to one of my various running mantras, and I'll use it when overcoming myself on hills... "There is no hill...there is no hill..."