Puff Puff Pass....

Options

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I had my last cigarette this past Friday night (9 Sep 16). I had quit a couple weeks previously, but fell off the wagon after a weekend with my chainsmoker friend. I just turned right back around and stopped again. I am also LCHF/Keto... If I have a craving, I just kinda straighten up and make myself feel superior and say "I don't do that anymore". That sentence in particular helps - it's so final. It's not that I "gave something up"... I just don't do it. And I chose this path. I chose to be healthier, live longer, breathe more easily, look better, age slower SMELL BETTER haha. I was never much of a snacker, and the fact that I'm also focusing on this way of eating, and strengthening my body at the same time just helps me see the big picture - I didn't *just* quit smoking, I am building a healthier me ALL OVER - I am NEW AND IMPROVED Every. Single. Day.

Feel free to add me, and message me if you ever need a reminder that YOU DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!!

And my very best wishes to you!! You got this!!! :blush:

Congrats to you! I like the "that was the former me" way of framing the matter.

PS That is a HUGE mug of coffee ya got there.....
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

PS That is a HUGE mug of coffee ya got there.....

Coffee... riiight... :D

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori I keep jumping over this thread because I don't smoke and never have so thought I had nothing to give to you. However....I decided I do have something to offer...support! You are very strong, that's clear and you can do this. Even though I can't relate 100% I do support your efforts 100% and know you will kick this too, in the *kitten*!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori I keep jumping over this thread because I don't smoke and never have so thought I had nothing to give to you. However....I decided I do have something to offer...support! You are very strong, that's clear and you can do this. Even though I can't relate 100% I do support your efforts 100% and know you will kick this too, in the *kitten*!

Thank you, lovely lady...I appreciate your support.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    So glad you didn't light up with Bob. Stay strong and remember Supers Rule! It's only hard in your mind, in reality, it's not so bad. You've got this, kiddo.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    @supergal3 thank you!!! I'm a little in awe of myself right now, day three is almost completed smoke free!!!!!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    . . . I'm feeling now that if I can change my eating so drastically, and I can accomplish kicking the junk, there's no limit to the possibilities of what I can accomplish and make changes at in my life!!

. . . and I believe in me and I believe in this process.

^^^ This. This is the best thing ever.

This is why you WILL be successful, and you will be the healthiest, most kick-*kitten* SuperCarLori you can possibly be!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    . . . I'm feeling now that if I can change my eating so drastically, and I can accomplish kicking the junk, there's no limit to the possibilities of what I can accomplish and make changes at in my life!!

. . . and I believe in me and I believe in this process.

^^^ This. This is the best thing ever.

This is why you WILL be successful, and you will be the healthiest, most kick-*kitten* SuperCarLori you can possibly be!

You're gonna make me cry, dangit! o:)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 3 days down!

• SuperCarLori
    Options
    Congrats on your 3 days down!

Woo hoo!!!! Thank you!!

:)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Update: Everyone is still alive. I have had no puffs, because I am a Non smoker. Day Five, commencing.

You go you non smoker you! :smile:
    Super duper proud of you!
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    Don't ever give up!
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Update: Everyone is still alive. I have had no puffs, because I am a Non smoker. Day Five, commencing.

Congrats! 5 days is amazing. I quite 4 years ago on August 25th of this year. I was ready....you have to be ready and WANT to quit. Clearly you do :smile:
    Keep it up...you've got this!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

You go!
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Sometimes you might have to do it one minute at a time, but the cravings pass and get less and less as the days and weeks go by, and before you know it you've been a non-smoker for twenty years and your lungs are awesome!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    And as time goes by, it becomes a Bigger Deal to light up, as in NFW.

Many small victories to celebrate!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Keep on truckin'
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Doing great, Lor!