Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    I hope you'll be 100% soon Bob, also, what you did today is utterly amazing to me--even though it may not be super impressive to you, again, it super is to me! GOOD job B)

Thanks! I do take some consolation in that I am improving and that is all I should probably ask for. Long term, who knows how well we can do if we just keep plugging along. I hope to find out. I figure if I can lose another 30lbs (CW 208, GW 180) that the same effort today should be worth a time of 26:27 (8:32 min/mile pace). That is a little better but I guess I need to also remember that I am 55 and not in my 20s. That seems so slow to me (I've done a 15+ mile run at 7:00 min/mile in my 20's) but it is way better than the general populous so that would be somewhat of an achievement. With a lot of training and weight loss, maybe I can get under 8:00 min miles! Good dieting!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Down 2-lbs for the week and still have a day to go!
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

That's SUPER great news--YAY Bob!

giphy.gif
  • blambo61
    Options
    Two lbs down for last week. That's two weeks in a row (CW 206, SW 252). Only difference I can tell is ACV. I will keep that up and see what happens. Ran a 5k and that hurt a lot last Wed. I don't think I was fully recovered from being sick the week before.

Saturday went hunting up in the Uinta Mts in Utah (archery Elk & Deer). Didn't see anything but a bunch of ranging bovines and some sheep and a lone coyote. Was disappointing not seeing anything. Did get to hike in some beautiful country though. Hiked about 6-hours or so with a few hundred feet of elevation change. Was beautiful with yellow/orange quaking aspen trees and pines and some big open meadows. Was at about 9000-9800 ft elevation for the hikes. The hunt goes tell Sept 16 so I will try again. I strained the side of my foot though hiking and I think it will take a couple of days to heal. Weird getting old, get hurt for no real reason (the hike shouldn't have done that to me, I've done many hikes even when I weighed a lot more than I do now of equal or greater distance). I think I may have hurt it a little in the 5k running down-hill hard and then just made it worse by the long hike. Hope everyone had a good week. Good luck this coming week!
  • blambo61
    Options

That's SUPER great news--YAY Bob!

giphy.gif

Thanks!
  • AdalineIF
    AdalineIF Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    CW 206, SW 252

Congratulation for your results until now and good luck for the rest!

• OMADing1
    Options
    Two lbs down for last week. That's two weeks in a row (CW 206, SW 252). Only difference I can tell is ACV. I will keep that up and see what happens. Ran a 5k and that hurt a lot last Wed. I don't think I was fully recovered from being sick the week before.

Saturday went hunting up in the Uinta Mts in Utah (archery Elk & Deer). Didn't see anything but a bunch of ranging bovines and some sheep and a lone coyote. Was disappointing not seeing anything. Did get to hike in some beautiful country though. Hiked about 6-hours or so with a few hundred feet of elevation change. Was beautiful with yellow/orange quaking aspen trees and pines and some big open meadows. Was at about 9000-9800 ft elevation for the hikes. The hunt goes tell Sept 16 so I will try again. I strained the side of my foot though hiking and I think it will take a couple of days to heal. Weird getting old, get hurt for no real reason (the hike shouldn't have done that to me, I've done many hikes even when I weighed a lot more than I do now of equal or greater distance). I think I may have hurt it a little in the 5k running down-hill hard and then just made it worse by the long hike. Hope everyone had a good week. Good luck this coming week!

I so know what you mean about " Weird getting old, get hurt for no real reason" all too well do I know about it. Sounds like even though you didn't get to see and Elk or deer, it was a beautiful surrounding. Sorry about the foot too. Wow, little things like feet and hands, when they hurt--MAN, how it can effect the entire body. So GLAD you're down two more big ole pounds--that's tremendous!

• blambo61
    Options
    Ran a 5k today. Ran it in 29:45 (9:36 pace). I finally broke 30-min! Felt much better than last week. I didn't warm up so I wouldn't be tempted to go out fast (I would be too stiff without warming up and would go out slow). I hurt my foot and missed my Mon run but was able to do 2-miles Tues and the ran today. I think I can go a bit faster if I can get back running up to an hour again. I've missed several runs the last 3-4 weeks due to getting sick, going hunting, and hurting my foot so I think I should improve once I'm able to get more miles in.

I ate lunch today since there was a work social and I wanted to eat before this run. Last week I bonked a bit during the 5k which I ran fasted (I went out too fast also). I've found I can do low intensity after a long fast but if I push it with heavy weights or go anerobic running, that I can bonk. I found out today that I need more time to digest though so I don't get upset stomach. On race days in the future, I will probably eat a breakfast and skip lunch or just eat a piece of fruit for lunch so I don't bonk. I will fast the other days. I used to eat something right before lifting which works for lifting but that doesn't work so well for running (sick stomach).

Good luck all!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Last week gained 1-lb. Probable due to on 3rd (sat) hiking and eating a lot and then I had a work thing on Thurs for lunch and I had some really salty stuff that night also. I fasted rest of the time so I think I made progress, just can't see it yet.

Ran sat up and down hills for 3-miles.
    Ran today 4-miles, .5 warmup, then 10x100m faster (6:20-6:40 pace), 300 recovery (about 13 min/mile pace). Then 1-mile warmdown. I really bonked on warm-down. I think the two days a week I'm running hard, I need to eat something before hand. I've bonked the last three times. Feeling good with no injuries or illness. I am probably going hunting a couple days this week so I might not see much progress this week either but that is ok. I fast to get skinny so I can go do things like that.

Good luck all.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    I'm just so GLAD you're feeling much better, no injuries or illiness!!! You're also doing tremendously in your pace/miles--just amazing! You know the scale goes up and down, it's life--keep up the great job Bob!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Told ya...the ACV helps!

What is ACV?
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Told ya...the ACV helps!

What is ACV?

apple cider vinegar
  • blambo61
    Options
    Down 2lbs for the week (CW 205). Lost last weeks 1-lb gain and one more. Off to elk hunt this morning.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 2lb weight loss!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Down 2lbs for the week (CW 205). Lost last weeks 1-lb gain and one more. Off to elk hunt this morning.

Super good job Bob...have fun hunting.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Went to go hunting Thurs morning and my bow wasn't on the shelf! I figured I had left it on the mountain a couple weeks earlier :s . I was not happy about that! I remembered that my wife's uncle had left an old bow here and I got it out and was able to get it fixed up and sighted in but ended up losing Thurs hunting. Did get out Friday and went way high on south slope of the Uintah mts. Was at 10,800 ft. I hiked from about 7 am tell 3:30 pm with maybe an hour break. There was some snow from a previous storm that was still there on some north facing slopes. I was wrecked after that (some elevation change and had a 30-lb backpack on or so). Saw some deer but couldn't shoot since didn't have a tag for them. Didn't see any elk (I think they were all low). Did have a big bull moose about walk over me though. As he was heading for me, I got up and waived him off when he was about 15-20 feet away so he wouldn't get any closer! Got a lot of pics and some video of him. Just about hit 3-deer driving back home on the highway. They walked in front of me (I'm doing 65) and the one cleared me on the left and the other two stopped on the right and didn't go in front of me and I threaded the needle right between all three missing the one on the left by about two feet and the ones on the right by about 2 feet! I was grateful for not hitting them and thanked God for that! It would have been ugly if I would have hit them.

Ate Thurs morn since I thought I would be hunting, ate a LOT Fri since I was hunting and kept on eating Sat and Sunday so I've got some work to do. The regular work schedule will help me to get back to the OMAD way. I did gain about 5 lbs through all of that. I usually gain about 2-3 lbs on the weekend and then lose it all and then lose another 1-2 lbs. Most of that extra weight is food weight and should be gone in two to three days (I hope). I will start back up tomorrow and see how this week goes. Good luck all.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Went to go hunting Thurs morning and my bow wasn't on the shelf! I figured I had left it on the mountain a couple weeks earlier :s . I was not happy about that! I remembered that my wife's uncle had left an old bow here and I got it out and was able to get it fixed up and sighted in but ended up losing Thurs hunting. Did get out Friday and went way high on south slope of the Uintah mts. Was at 10,800 ft. I hiked from about 7 am tell 3:30 pm with maybe an hour break. There was some snow from a previous storm that was still there on some north facing slopes. I was wrecked after that (some elevation change and had a 30-lb backpack on or so). Saw some deer but couldn't shoot since didn't have a tag for them. Didn't see any elk (I think they were all low). Did have a big bull moose about walk over me though. As he was heading for me, I got up and waived him off when he was about 15-20 feet away so he wouldn't get any closer! Got a lot of pics and some video of him. Just about hit 3-deer driving back home on the highway. They walked in front of me (I'm doing 65) and the one cleared me on the left and the other two stopped on the right and didn't go in front of me and I threaded the needle right between all three missing the one on the left by about two feet and the ones on the right by about 2 feet! I was grateful for not hitting them and thanked God for that! It would have been ugly if I would have hit them.

Ate Thurs morn since I thought I would be hunting, ate a LOT Fri since I was hunting and kept on eating Sat and Sunday so I've got some work to do. The regular work schedule will help me to get back to the OMAD way. I did gain about 5 lbs through all of that. I usually gain about 2-3 lbs on the weekend and then lose it all and then lose another 1-2 lbs. Most of that extra weight is food weight and should be gone in two to three days (I hope). I will start back up tomorrow and see how this week goes. Good luck all.

Wow! You are truly living and that's what real life is all about, no fluff stuff...such adventures B)

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Always nice to hear a bit about the context of other people's lives outside of dieting, :)
  • blambo61
    Options

Wow! You are truly living and that's what real life is all about, no fluff stuff...such adventures B)

I love getting out in the mountains. Now if I could only get the elk to cooperate. I'm sure glad I've lost weight because I would not be able to get in the mountains if I hadn't or I wouldn't be able to do nearly as much if I hadn't lost the weight. Losing weight is good for looking better, being more healthy, and letting us be able to do stuff! Thanks.
  • OMADing1
    Options

I love getting out in the mountains. Now if I could only get the elk to cooperate. I'm sure glad I've lost weight because I would not be able to get in the mountains if I hadn't or I wouldn't be able to do nearly as much if I hadn't lost the weight. Losing weight is good for looking better, being more healthy, and letting us be able to do stuff! Thanks.

You're most welcomed and I agree that weight loss is so much MORE than just appearance too! Also, do you eat the animals you hunt, I heard game is really delicious and healthy too!