exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Sept. 25: Adding 10 miles today. 6 walking and 4 cycling
    TTD: 373.18 miles

exercise.png

@vhuber: Thanks so much for your suggestion. I started taking Tumeric 6 months ago. It actually has taken away all of my knee pain from my surgery two years ago and I no longer tape it or wear a stabilizer strap. I definitely advocate it too.
    When I went to the podiatrist, his technician said you have a huge heel spur and they neve go away. That heel spur has been there since 2003 when I had severe plantar fasciitis. I laughed at her and told her to look at my last X-ray they took back then. It actually looked worse. There is some arthritis in my heel and it is aggravating my tendons. Yep, they want orthotics. I already wear Curtex in my shoes but they are pushing new balance. I will try them but as you said they did not help the last time. While I have some issues at the PT attachment, I am still thinking tendons as it has been improving with rest, stretching and rolling. I do not have the typical gwt out of bed, or get up from sitting pain. Time will tell but it seems what I am doing has been working. Thanks again for your suggestion. I have been trying to get a neighbor to take it. He is struggling with walking and so depressed because of it.

I sure hope you can get some relief. Can they go in and shatter that heel spur & then remove the fragments? It sounds soooo painful.

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @ Dave, thank you for the info on my fitbit. I have the fitbit app on my phone, is that where I go to profile stride? I am mentally challenged when it come to all this tech stuff so beware!!

2 miles walking on TM at the ungodly hour of 4:30 am & we had a HOT day today but I went jogging 2 miles with my fur babies. I felt over heated when I got home.

exercisepng
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 4.15 between yesterday and today.
    60.54/50 total miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Let's start the month out with 54 miles out of 250.

Finally getting back on the bike after an extended illness. Adding 7 miles for 61 out of 250.

Adding 6 more miles for 67 out of 250.

After a relapse on the illness, I took a vacation with the family. The first in 8 years. Finally got the clinic doing well enough to hire a relief vet. It was really nice! We rented a house on the coast of Washington right on the beach. I would definitely do that again! Port Angeles on the Olympic Peninsula was gorgeous! Stayed on the beach for two days then went up to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic mountains. Logged in 4 miles hiking and got my body put back together so easing into it with a ride on the fat tire today. Adding 8 miles for 75 miles out of 250. Not likely going to make goal but at least I'm back together and ready to ride.

Adding 13 miles for 88 out of 250.

Adding 10 miles for 98 out of 250.

Adding 22 miles for 120 out of 250. Eight days, 130 miles to go. I could do this. :smile:

Adding 22 miles for 144 out of 250.

Adding 28 miles for 172 out of 250.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    28 Sept 6.6 miles

MTD 196.1 miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    Let's start the month out with 54 miles out of 250.

Finally getting back on the bike after an extended illness. Adding 7 miles for 61 out of 250.

Adding 6 more miles for 67 out of 250.

After a relapse on the illness, I took a vacation with the family. The first in 8 years. Finally got the clinic doing well enough to hire a relief vet. It was really nice! We rented a house on the coast of Washington right on the beach. I would definitely do that again! Port Angeles on the Olympic Peninsula was gorgeous! Stayed on the beach for two days then went up to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic mountains. Logged in 4 miles hiking and got my body put back together so easing into it with a ride on the fat tire today. Adding 8 miles for 75 miles out of 250. Not likely going to make goal but at least I'm back together and ready to ride.

Adding 13 miles for 88 out of 250.

Adding 10 miles for 98 out of 250.

Adding 22 miles for 120 out of 250. Eight days, 130 miles to go. I could do this. :smile:

Adding 22 miles for 144 out of 250.

Adding 28 miles for 172 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 189 out of 250
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I made myself do more of my thinking on my feet yesterday instead of curled upon the couch. I worked out a training issue and finished up preparing for tonight's session, so it was successful. Added 7.25miles for a September total of 105.5 miles

exercise.png

It finally looks like I have a shot at this........if nothing goes terribly wrong in the next three days.
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    More dog walking. I have 7 mile run scheduled tonight that'll finish my goal :)

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Adding 17.2 miles for a bike ride with my girls yesterday:

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.2 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,319 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Now crossing the GOAL line is @TAZZYTHATSME!!! :drinker:

@VHUBER - No problem! I have the iPhone version of the app and will explain that step-by-step, but the Android one should be very similar. First, click on the Account button at the bottom right of the screen. The top row should be your name and date joined...tap/click that row to go to your Profile page. Right under your name will be a link to "Edit your Profile". Tap/click that. Make sure your height is entered correctly. They set your starting stride length off of that and use an average stride length for someone of that height. But if you have longer or shorter legs or just plain take longer strides, you'll need to adjust it. Back out of that screen by two screens back to the 'Account' screen. Scroll down almost to the bottom and look for "Advanced Settings" and tap/click that. At the bottom of the Advanced page is a setting called "Stride Length"....tap/click that. You may need to turn off the "Set Automatically" button. Then if it has been saying your runs have been longer than they really should be, then you'll want to shorten the value for "Running". But don't shorten too much or it will cause it to tell you your runs are shorter than they really are. For instance, start by adjusting it downward by only "0.1". Then see what that does. You can adjust it a little more after you've tested it out and it still isn't right. Ignore the text on that screen about GPS. The Blaze does not have GPS. :smile: Now with all of that said, if you carry your phone with you when you run anyway, I would suggest downloading one of the FREE apps to track your runs. They will use your phone's GPS and will definitely give you an accurate distance, speed, map of where you ran and lots more. My top two favorite apps are MapMyRun and Endomondo. You can even set up intervals and it will chime when it's time to switch from running to walking or vice versa. I prefer Endomondo, but my work wellness program requires I use MapMyRun to get points for their program. Any questions, feel free to ask away!

Yay, I got another 3.2 bonus miles in on the treadmill this morning!

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    9/21-9/27 = 19.14

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    3.5 mile walk

exercise.png