October 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,311 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the October 2016 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Saturday, October 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any SEPTEMBER miles here. We will continue updating the SEPTEMBER spreadsheet using the SEPTEMBER thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of October. Please add only your October goals/miles to this September thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Dave

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,311 Member
    I'm in for my usual 60!

Dave
  • postolache
    postolache Posts: 187 Member
    I'll have the usual 100 km.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I'm in for 100, which I will have to get before my surgery on the 10th. :#
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Could you please add me for 60 miles this month?
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Met with my dietician today because I'm having trouble with dropping the last few pounds and she wants me to slow down my walking so I stay in the fat burning zone instead of the cardio. I just tried it and it's soooooo slow, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Since my usual 4 mph is now supposed to be 2.5ish, I'm dropping my miles to 50 this time. I'm reserving the right to change the goal once I see how this goes, I don't have to do it every single time.

TL;DR 50 miles please.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Seeing doc next week to see if I can strengthen foot so only 60 mile target for me again
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Still barred from running :(:s:( - though the improvement wrought by my physio is amazing. So my initial goal will be 70 miles purposeful walking, and I'll try to include some cycling ( I have to confess I'm a fair weather cyclist though)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,770 Member
    250 miles for me please!!!!!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,788 Member
    Please put me down for 700 miles
    Good luck to everyone... :)
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    In for 225 this month. I am having medical issues, but have the trainer..
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited October 2016
    200 miles for me. I am good night to try training for my 10 miler but will see how my runs turn out starting this weekend. If it's going good, I will up my miles.

I know it sounds repetitive but thank you Dave and Janet for logging our miles. I appreciate the time you take to do this and enjoy the chats with everyone on here.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,337 Member
    kar328 wrote: »
    Met with my dietician today because I'm having trouble with dropping the last few pounds and she wants me to slow down my walking so I stay in the fat burning zone instead of the cardio. I just tried it and it's soooooo slow, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Since my usual 4 mph is now supposed to be 2.5ish, I'm dropping my miles to 50 this time. I'm reserving the right to change the goal once I see how this goes, I don't have to do it every single time.

TL;DR 50 miles please.

I sure Hope this works for you. It would be so hard for me. So you shake up your routines and food patterns. I know for me, I have to change routine that surprise my body and get it out of that self preservation mode and make it wonder what is up.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    edited October 2016
    170 mile goal for me please. Marathon training miles are getting serious!!
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    I'm in again and and raising it to 60 miles! Good luck everyone! :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited October 2016
    As I m still suffering with sore knees, one of which is still very swollen, I am going for 60 miles this month. If things improve I will 'up' my goal. Thank you to everyone who keeps this going. You are all stars.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,240 Member
    I'm in for 250 this month.

Chris
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Put me down for 75 for October please!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Im in for 30 miles. Didn't reach septembers goal so I'm dropping it a bit.

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    clepant wrote: »
    kar328 wrote: »

TL;DR 50 miles please.

I sure Hope this works for you. It would be so hard for me. So you shake up your routines and food patterns. I know for me, I have to change routine that surprise my body and get it out of that self preservation mode and make it wonder what is up.

Thanks. It makes sense to try this, so I'm giving it a shot. I kept my Fitbit app open as well as Runkeeper and see I can do up to about 3.3 mph and stay under 100 bpm, which is still fat burning for me (84-117). I need to do something different, these last few pounds won't go away and I didn't come this far to stop before I hit my goal. I'm waiting to see what my trainer says as well, once she talks with the dietician. I may be doing too much, which is funny for me to say/write.

Today's slow walk was 3.6 miles. (I added an exercise category to say 'moseying.)

exercise.png

• queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    October goal is 155 miles walking/biking/elliptical
    Total to date - 0 of 155 miles
    Thanks to the moderators who keep all our numbers straight month after month! You are awesome
This discussion has been closed.