Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in yesterday. so I did today and down 1.8 lbs yay. I've been really snack at nigjt I think I'll walk in the evening so I can't snack
    Congrats on the loss!
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Massage therapy worked well. I had 2 sessions so far. Yesterday was my 2nd so much pain during the session and still in pain. I'll know if it got better in few days still sore.
    I have what they call muscle knots.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in yesterday. so I did today and down 1.8 lbs yay. I've been really snack at nigjt I think I'll walk in the evening so I can't snack

Great job.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I know I've been away lately. My arm pain has been distracting me, I think I've reached a point where I can't suck it and hide it with a smile.

On Monday I'm leaving for 2 weeks vacation where my internet is limited. I trust you will continue supporting each other.

I'm hoping yesterday massage therapy will heal my arm by November and can focus on my training again.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My body is really fighting all my good intentions today. Cravings for ice cream and waffles, tiredness. I almost *almost* didn't go to the gym this morning. Because I woke up so tired. But I did anyway. And pushed through. I didn't go as hard as I should have, but I did what I could.

As for the cravings, I just ate a quest bar in hopes of it helping. I'll make protein fluff later, which should also help somwhat.

And I'm going to try taking a Vit C supplement to help my energy levels.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    shadow good for you for going to the gym!!!

moonkat I'm sorry about your arm that sucks I hope it starts to feel better before you go on vacation.

we will behave and support
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    SD: 9/22/16
    SW: 142.4

CD: 10/12/16
    CW: 143.8 - up 3 lbs from last week, then again, it is shark week so I'm hoping for a woosh soon

GD: 12/10/16
    GW: 132.4 (range 127.4-135.4)

CD: 10/14/16
    CW: 140.8 - bloating must be gone, shark week is over also. So I figure I gain around 2-4 lbs every TOM
  • gorilita
    Options
    My weekend was so so. I did work out and stayed withing my calories (i think) but I wasn't consistent with weighing my food. I went out twice and didn't log either of those meals because I would have been guessing the calorie content anyway. Just sloppy. Got to shape up and refocus. How was everybody's weekend?
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    How was everybody's weekend?

Full of carbs. Lol

Although I did do a successful 'fast' using protein fluff. So I chopped off about 1000 calories between yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be awesome. Because somehow I've managed to plan my day in a way that I have 6g NET carbs. :smiley: Carnivore Leana! Whoop whoop! :joy:
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of having a common goal date and posting our daily macros.

I'll be in a wedding in one month from now and I know it's a little late to see any major progress since I just started on keto again. I'm hoping to drop 4 lbs by October 20. All my water weight seems to have shed right now since I've been eating low carb for the past 2-3 weeks which means the next 4 lbs will hopefully be from fat.

Past that on to Christmas time, I'll be spending 3 weeks in Costa Rica and Panama so I definitely want to get my bikini body ready. I leave for my trip December 10 so that is 15 weeks from now. I would like to shoot for the 0.5-1 lb/week goal. That's between 7-15 lbs down (including the 4 lbs by October 20). Instead of a range I'm going to just pick a number in between and say 10 lbs though I'll be happy if I fall anywhere in the range.

CD: 9/22/16
    CW: 142.4

This plan doesn't account for any caloric deficit caused by fitness, purely a ketogenic diet. I do plan to start doing a little bit of cardio and light strength training but I really want to get the eating habits down first.

The week of truth. When I started on this thread 3 weeks ago I wanted to drop 4 lbs by October 20 for my brothers wedding. Actually the wedding is Saturday the 22nd.

CD: 10/17/16
    CW: 139.6

I have dropped 2.8 lbs, just need 1.2. Probably wont lose that much by Saturday, probably closer to the .4-.8 range. But I'm happy.

The real challenge is reaching my goal 132.4 (range 127.4-135.4) by December 10. I need to be really disciplined and have no carb blow outs.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I love the idea of having a common goal date and posting our daily macros.

I'll be in a wedding in one month from now and I know it's a little late to see any major progress since I just started on keto again. I'm hoping to drop 4 lbs by October 20. All my water weight seems to have shed right now since I've been eating low carb for the past 2-3 weeks which means the next 4 lbs will hopefully be from fat.

Past that on to Christmas time, I'll be spending 3 weeks in Costa Rica and Panama so I definitely want to get my bikini body ready. I leave for my trip December 10 so that is 15 weeks from now. I would like to shoot for the 0.5-1 lb/week goal. That's between 7-15 lbs down (including the 4 lbs by October 20). Instead of a range I'm going to just pick a number in between and say 10 lbs though I'll be happy if I fall anywhere in the range.

CD: 9/22/16
    CW: 142.4

This plan doesn't account for any caloric deficit caused by fitness, purely a ketogenic diet. I do plan to start doing a little bit of cardio and light strength training but I really want to get the eating habits down first.

The week of truth. When I started on this thread 3 weeks ago I wanted to drop 4 lbs by October 20 for my brothers wedding. Actually the wedding is Saturday the 22nd.

CD: 10/17/16
    CW: 139.6

I have dropped 2.8 lbs, just need 1.2. Probably wont lose that much by Saturday, probably closer to the .4-.8 range. But I'm happy.

The real challenge is reaching my goal 132.4 (range 127.4-135.4) by December 10. I need to be really disciplined and have no carb blow outs.

Great job. You can do it just focus.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I'm posting from Phoenix Arizona instead of Toronto. So hot here and so tired from the flight.

I ate carbs and 3 coffee. I'm staying with family and already said NO thank you to chocolate, grapes, and juice.

Tomorrow we (my host and I) are planning to go for a walk on the morning. Not sure if this will be an everyday thing but she's really excited to have me and want to explore my nutrition knowledge hehe

A lot of mosquitoes aka little vampires and they're already sucking my blood.

I have my body weight exercise knowledge and my resistance band.

So everyone keep going strong. Will update soon. Cheers!
  • gorilita
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My day is done. Just finished my workout. Level 2 and 3 of Jillian Michaels 30day shred and 20minutes of bike. 25g of net carbs and 1845kcal. I am happy with myself today. Hope everybody had a good day as well!
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    good day gortilitA!!

moonkat sounds like fun in Texas....must be a hot walk!

today was great first day I started walking again since before summer as it was too hot mid day. glad to get back into the habit....tomorrow I want to hike.
  • gorilita
    Options
    Another good day. Macros on point. Calories within 3 of the goal. Heavy leg workout with my trainer. I am totally drained but I feel good. Now, if I could only be as good on the weekend. Does anyone else have issues staying disciplined on the weekends? Can you share some techniques that help you be good. I find that I don't eat at my usual times, I tend to guestimate portions more often, and I am not drinking as much water.

Treehugnmama, enjoy your hike tomorrow. I see that u r consistent with your morning walks. Great job!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, a couple of people have mentioned having a "diet break" over Christmas. 3 years ago I thought "it's just one day, it can't hurt, I'm just going to relax and eat the pavlova etc. Then it was "it's the holidays, I'm not going to stress about it until after New Year.

That one day turned into 5 months and 15kg gain. I literally could NOT get back on track. I fell back into the "start over on Monday" cycle I'd been held hostage to for the last 20 years. It was a nightmare of epic proportions.

The last two Christmas's I haven't gone off plan. It was actually very easy. I made a low carb New York baked cheesecake to take - meaning there was sweets I could eat, and there was plenty of meat and salad. I stuck to red wine. I overate on calories for sure, but I did not eat carby foods. I felt great the next day. I didn't gain any weight. I also had a few glasses of red wine at New Years without destroying all of my hard work.

In my mind it doesn't make sense to abandon your way of eating because of a holiday. Vegetarians don't suddenly decide to eat turkey at Christmas because "it's the done thing" or because everyone else is doing it.

Not judging anyone who does "take a break" over Christmas, if you can stuff yourself with carbs for one day and then go back to plan the next that's great, but I know there are many people out there like me who will really struggle to get back to where they were.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    gorilita another great day for you! I struggle with weekends too lately. for my water I'm going g to try and drink more herbal teas as it's cold and I'm not getting water in.
    my am walks have been good I've kicked it up to add my lunch ones back in.

ebony I'm like you with cheats they turn into a week so I'm best not too. for Thanksgiving I had a crust less pumpkin pie so it was still very much a treat but I didn't feel I went off plan and the next day I wasn't trying to get back to it...for me it's a mental thing .

• treehugnmama
    edited October 2016
    Options
    how is everyone doing this week?

I'm looking forward to moonkat return as I like her quotes I can't post from Android phone.

I am looking forward to WI tomorrow....if I don't loose I don't care cause I've had a great week and I know it!

what do you all think about the theory of not loosing weight as easily in fall winter as our ancestors had to put on fat to survive winter? excuse? real? my loss stalled I will keep going and doing and it's all good but wondered what thoughts were on that?
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    For you treehugnmama
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    One week to go. No gym just some body weight workout. I got few mosquito bites specially in my left bicep and it got swollen and hurts now it's a little better. I guess its poison or dirty.

We rented a car and went to Sedona yesterday. 2 hr drive each way but we enjoyed it. Tomorrow morning I have to return the car and have no idea where to go this evening

My meals well when I return I will have to make up and sleep at the gym :cry:

My internet is very limited so I'll try to check from time to time.

Hope you all killing it!