Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    Went to go hunting Thurs morning and my bow wasn't on the shelf! I figured I had left it on the mountain a couple weeks earlier :s . I was not happy about that! I remembered that my wife's uncle had left an old bow here and I got it out and was able to get it fixed up and sighted in but ended up losing Thurs hunting. Did get out Friday and went way high on south slope of the Uintah mts. Was at 10,800 ft. I hiked from about 7 am tell 3:30 pm with maybe an hour break. There was some snow from a previous storm that was still there on some north facing slopes. I was wrecked after that (some elevation change and had a 30-lb backpack on or so). Saw some deer but couldn't shoot since didn't have a tag for them. Didn't see any elk (I think they were all low). Did have a big bull moose about walk over me though. As he was heading for me, I got up and waived him off when he was about 15-20 feet away so he wouldn't get any closer! Got a lot of pics and some video of him. Just about hit 3-deer driving back home on the highway. They walked in front of me (I'm doing 65) and the one cleared me on the left and the other two stopped on the right and didn't go in front of me and I threaded the needle right between all three missing the one on the left by about two feet and the ones on the right by about 2 feet! I was grateful for not hitting them and thanked God for that! It would have been ugly if I would have hit them.

Ate Thurs morn since I thought I would be hunting, ate a LOT Fri since I was hunting and kept on eating Sat and Sunday so I've got some work to do. The regular work schedule will help me to get back to the OMAD way. I did gain about 5 lbs through all of that. I usually gain about 2-3 lbs on the weekend and then lose it all and then lose another 1-2 lbs. Most of that extra weight is food weight and should be gone in two to three days (I hope). I will start back up tomorrow and see how this week goes. Good luck all.

Wow! You are truly living and that's what real life is all about, no fluff stuff...such adventures B)

I love getting out in the mountains. Now if I could only get the elk to cooperate. I'm sure glad I've lost weight because I would not be able to get in the mountains if I hadn't or I wouldn't be able to do nearly as much if I hadn't lost the weight. Losing weight is good for looking better, being more healthy, and letting us be able to do stuff! Thanks.

You're most welcomed and I agree that weight loss is so much MORE than just appearance too! Also, do you eat the animals you hunt, I heard game is really delicious and healthy too!

If I ever get one I surely eat it. Only two reasons to hunt in my opinion, 1) food, 2) something is being a nuisance and needs to be killed (overpopulated, etc.). Hunting is always fun but I think only justified if eating or culling for some reason. I eat a lot of elk and deer (most donated to me from a friend since I'm a lousy hunter). It is yummy! Very lean. My wife doesn't like eating beef so much since we have been eating mostly game last few years.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Perfect reasons to hunt! I've never had elk or deer (I don't think)--I've had bison, and duck before--that's as far as my game type of stuff eating has gone. My husband is taking me out to dinner tonight and perhaps if they have some "game" on the menu, I'll try it. I'm not really a meat lover though, I'm not crazy about beef (except for cooked corned beef), chicken, turkey or really meat in general. I do like pork and seafood though. During OMAD, I'm going outside my comfort zone and have been eating more meat that I ever have!
  • blambo61
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Weeks report: Lowest week's weight was 206 Thurs morn (I lb from all time low). Gained 5-lbs from the hunt (205 before hunt to 210) and lost 4 of it from Sun to Thurs (to 206) so I actually gained 1-lb for the week. Was a little disappointed that I didn't get it all off. Will give it a go this week also. I'm not exercising as much and I think I could use those extra calories burned. I went for a run Thurs and I got a sharp jabbing pain in upper calf. Think might be gout related. I think I missed a couple days of medication while hunting. Ticks me off. Tried to run a little Saturday but didn't do much cause still hurt. I did OMAD (21:3) Mon-Wed, had a salad lunch on Thurs since I was going to try a 5k latter that day and didn't want to bonk, and OMAD Fri. Sat was a splurge day. Today about a 16:8. Was about 209 this morning (I usually gain some on the weekends). Will go for Mon-Fri this week OMAD. Forgot to do ACV much, will try to remember that. Good luck all.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Hey Bob! You're looking super healthy and slim in your new pic, that's terrific. Sorry about the leg issues, here's to hoping you're 100% and soon. I HATE pain, but that blasted pain can sometimes be a blessing in disguise--letting us know to cool out about something or other for a while. I know, it's a "pain". Sounds like you had a a lively week and I hope that this week will be excellent for ya!

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Here's wishing you healing in your leg so you can get back to business.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Weeks report: Lowest weight was about 207 so looks like I gained 1-lb. I did OMAD (21:3 or so) Mon-Thurs and started a little early Fri eating, didn't diet today. I haven't been able to exercise much. My leg is still messed up. Tried going out on Monday and walked about 3-miles and it crippled me for the rest of the week. Really frustrating. I go on a very long hike on a Fri with no problems (two weeks ago), on the next mon run 3-miles no problem, on thurs go running and one mile into it sharp jabbing pains in calf. Walk saturday and not good, Walk the next monday (this last monday) and still no good. No walking at all rest of the week and still hurts today! If I hurt it hiking, I would have thought that would show up on the run I did right after that. Makes me think it is gout since it can come on very quickly and for no apparent reason. I will rest it tell it gets better. Since I don't do proportion control in my eating window, I think it is hard to lose unless I'm getting some more cals burned through exercise. Will see how it goes this next week. I'm determined to stick this out and get where I need to be (about 180-190).
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Sorry that your leg is still bothering you. Maybe it's time to see a doctor?
  • blambo61
    Options
    I will give it another week and then if it isn't better I will do that. Thanks
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Weeks report: Lowest weight was about 207 so looks like I gained 1-lb. I did OMAD (21:3 or so) Mon-Thurs and started a little early Fri eating, didn't diet today. I haven't been able to exercise much. My leg is still messed up. Tried going out on Monday and walked about 3-miles and it crippled me for the rest of the week. Really frustrating. I go on a very long hike on a Fri with no problems (two weeks ago), on the next mon run 3-miles no problem, on thurs go running and one mile into it sharp jabbing pains in calf. Walk saturday and not good, Walk the next monday (this last monday) and still no good. No walking at all rest of the week and still hurts today! If I hurt it hiking, I would have thought that would show up on the run I did right after that. Makes me think it is gout since it can come on very quickly and for no apparent reason. I will rest it tell it gets better. Since I don't do proportion control in my eating window, I think it is hard to lose unless I'm getting some more cals burned through exercise. Will see how it goes this next week. I'm determined to stick this out and get where I need to be (about 180-190).

I'm rooting for you Bob!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Lost 1-lb for the week. Lowest weight for week was 206. Didn't walk this week except for today. Did go for a hike/hunt this morning and probably shouldn't have since I feel crippled again. I should have given it some more time.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    A 1 pound loss is great!! I'm so sorry your leg is still bothering you. Your mind is willing but your body won't cooperate. It must be frustrating. Take care of yourself and try not to push it. You've got the rest of your life to hike/hunt but right now you should try to be careful.

I love to mother people who are sick or hurt so forgive me if I sound a little pushy.

n2plh6atmc1o.jpg

• OMADing1
    Options
    Lost 1-lb for the week. Lowest weight for week was 206. Didn't walk this week except for today. Did go for a hike/hunt this morning and probably shouldn't have since I feel crippled again. I should have given it some more time.

Congrats on the 1lb loss and here's to hoping you'll be 100% soon!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi Bob...How are you doing? How's the leg? I haven't seen you around for a while and wanted to check on you.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    I second this. Hoping all is well and we-will-miss-you-goodbye-graphic.gif
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Where OH Where is Bob?
  • blambo61
    Options
    Howdy,

Sorry haven't been around much. Still alive! A quick update on me. I've had leg problems for a while and my foot started having gout problems so I went to the doc and he gave me some stuff that has helped a lot and my foot is feeling better now. I'm back to walking about 30-min 6xweek and am just jobbing 6-minutes of it. I'm going to add 1-min/week to the jog and see how it goes. I had one crazy week where I had to work a lot of hours and I eat when stressed and have to work late into the evening. I didn't fast much (except breakfast) that week. I've been dong about an 18:6 routine lately. Total damage is about 6-lbs gained and I'm at about 212 right now. Not great but I haven't been working out for about 2 months much and also had the crazy work week and also did try to go hunting during some of this (I eat when I hunt). I'm working back into the exercise and also the fasting. Hope all is well with everyone. I will need to read others posts to see what is happening. I've been super busy with work and other stuff so has been a little difficult to post lately. Take care.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    It's so great to hear from you Bob. Did the doctor tell you why you have gout? Just wondering. I'm glad you are doing well and six pounds isn't much considering you haven't been able to exercise like you did in the past. 18:6 is good and you will eventually get back into the four hour feeding window. Blessings..
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you, Bob.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you, Bob.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    YAY!!!!! Bob's back, so GLAD too--you were sorely missed Bro!