TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @taradaniel40 You are so right! Jumping is hard work. I told my husband that I'm going to have to work on that everyday and just add my minutes up.
    @lynnbaum My husband walks so much slower than me now. When we first got together I had to do a little jog to keep up with him. Now I just take leisurely walks with him and do a speedier walk in the morning without him.
    @lpeltenburg I brought hand weights with me today to the dialysis center so I could do one of the videos. My husband and I are in training right now so that we can do his dialysis at home. I figured I may as well get something done while he's sitting in the chair. :smile:
    I shouldn't have many problems with the colors challenge. I had just gone to the store and bought several different fruits. I also got a four mile walk in this morning. New shoes got here yesterday and my feet didn't hurt while walking so I just kept going. Yay!
  • Fitbug92
    Fitbug92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @lynnbaum Good for you. Own it, Track it, and move on. The bread sounds yummy, and if it was shared with friends even more delightful.
  • Fitbug92
    Options
    While waiting in line this a.m. to vote I decided to use the time to get in some exercises. I had enough time to get in a good 30 minutes of exercises - calf raises, leg lifts, squats, arm rotations, steps...It was GREAT! And tonight I made it to the gym. Did one of the arm videos. I'm still working on the jumping rope. In the meantime, I'm hopscotching. I decided to do that today at lunch while my food was in the microwave. It was a little hard to explain what in the world I was doing when a co-worker walked in the break room. I have to be creative about getting exercise done.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Fitbug92 wrote: »
    @lynnbaum Good for you. Own it, Track it, and move on. The bread sounds yummy, and if it was shared with friends even more delightful.

Thanks @Fitbug92 shared it with Dear husband. Your funny-- Share??? What is that. Having a couple of glasses of wine and still within calories.
    I have it over lots of ice and diet sour.. My one time that I drink soda over water
    I need to get working on that jump rope thing
  • niesjojo3
    niesjojo3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I'm feeling blessed and sore this morning:-) I played hopscotch with two of my granddaughters yesterday. Ages five and seven and we had a blast! Needless to say I haven't played hopscotch in years and I struggled with it but a few words of wisdom from my seven year old granddaughter kept me going. "It's ok if you're not perfect at it MomMom just keep trying". Funny thing is she kept repeating it to me over & over! Lol!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    It seems that our beautiful weather is coming to an end. It is cold and windy & yucky today. Today is a run day for me, & I will start with jump rope for 10 minutes. I forgot my weights yesterday, but I will bring them to work today. I would really like to get that done :)

I really struggle with hunger on weight lifting days. Hopefully as I get more weeks under my belt I will be able to control it a little more.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey, friends...been a rough day today, but I managed to go to the gym on my lunch break and work out some frustration on the treadmill (which I hate, I would have rather run outside but that wasn't possible today) and the elliptical. I still have yet to do the jumping or arm videos, but I'll get to them, I promise. Doing pretty good on the colors so far. I've been so bad with mindless eating lately. Need to buckle down and stop excusing it. I have a specific weight loss goal to reach by the end of the year and I'm only 3 lbs away. Gotta get there!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey team! Check out the spreadsheet, we're movin on up! Go team!! I'm soooo tired and sluggish today, I'm kinda thinking I'm on the verge of getting sick, which is extra awful this time of year because it's the busiest time of year for work for me and I cannot take time off! Ugh!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 I didn't want to do anything today either. It was a day off from my husband's dialysis training and I was just not motivated to do anything. It was nice to be home for the day and not stressing about learning how to set up and run his machine or checking his vitals. I plan on being up early tomorrow and walking before we head out for the day.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Good morning all! I should have the skipping & arm videos done today. I am on track for the colours challenge as that is just easy because I eat lots of veggies every day.

I am sluggish as well. Maybe it has to do with daylight savings time?

I am going to get my butt in gear & go for a 30 minute run, as I have to work today. Hopefully DH will work tomorrow morning so that I can spend some extra time at the gym.
    Have a great day!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am voting daylight saving Been rough. Did some shopping last night. I parked by menards and then walked to other store. I did 2 of the arm videos this morning and looking for my jump rope. I need to get the jumping thing done. I eat a bunch of salads so the color thing is easy. I am noticing that I eat better when I track what I eat. I need to get back to tracking
  • Fitbug92
    Options
    Jump rope/hopscotching done. Two arm videos done. One more to do. The one without weights is a killer, mates. I reckon I will do it again. I'm doing great on the colors. What a great way to think of my food - instead of just veggies and meat etc. color groups. Aha! I don't know why that makes a difference, but to me it does. I'll work on getting in a few laps tomorrow around the beautiful Forsyth Park in downtown Savannah.
  • Fitbug92
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Calli1616 @Ellebee332 @RuthQ1 is everything good with you mates? Hope so. :)
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi so I ended up getting sick, darn husband passed it on to me. Fever and aches have kept me unactive today. Still gonna try to get through the challenges.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I finished the jumping challenge today but I think I am going to keep it up. It seems to be working a lot of muscle groups. My Abs are sore! The color thing is not a problem for me at all I can usually do three just for breakfast let alone the rest of the day.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 294 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @tarpguys I'm going to stick with it too. When I read that jumping rope for X amount of min can equal to jogging I was surprised.

Colour challenge is going well. My kids don't like any pkg foods (noodles/rice/Kraft dinner really anything in that isle) so we usually have a protein and raw veggies for dinner. They are peculiar lol. You would think I was paper thin, but no I always find something unhealthy lurking around. Genetics don't help either as all the women in my family are obese, so I really have to work at it.

• LisaPower123
    Options
    Good morning all!

I agree with the jumping rope. I would like to stick it out at least a few times a week.

I ran back & forth to the gym today & lifted weights. I am happy with the progress I am making, but I am feeling it right this minute. I feel like I might not be able to walk later today. It was very windy & cold on my way home from the gym. I almost called DH to come & get me, but I persevered for the team. Every minute counts right?

Have a great Friday!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer Here are my colours
    Monday:Purple: blueberries green: brocolli
    Tuesday: white: Potatoes orange: carrots
    Wednesday: Red Strawberries Green Brussel sprouts
    Thursday: Red Tomato Green Lettuce
    Friday: Red: Raspberries White: banana
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    Here are my colors for Challenge #3!
    Monday: Cherries (red-purple), onions (white-green)
    Tuesday: Blueberries (blue), red peppers (red)
    Wednesday: Strawberries (red-purple), pumpkin (orange)
    Thursday: Tomatoes (red), limes (green)
    Friday: Corn (yellow-orange), black beans (brown)
    Total colors: 7

Hopefully I did that one right!

Still working on the arm workouts and the jump rope. Problem is I can't really do the jump-rope inside because our ceilings aren't high enough when I'm already six feet tall :P But I'll get it done, no worries! Happy Friday, everyone!
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer my colors for challenge 3
    1. Monday- banana yellow,orange,lettuces green
    2. Tuesday- coleslaw- purple cabbage carrots orange
    3. Wednesday- cherry tomatoes- red, cucumbers green
    4. Thursday- corn-yellow, orange orange
    5. Friday- kale salads green, orange orange, tomatoes red.
    All done. Arm challenge done. No skipping because of a knee issue.
    Not getting too many minute in as I am away on a girls weekend.