Replies

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    BTW I do wear a good bra and shoes
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So happy to see the first challenge and to be able to say that I'm already done with it! I usually walk outside every morning and just last week I upped it to 4 miles, so I'm already done with one. Yay! The other two shouldn't be a problem. I'm a little sore today after moving all that stuff around yesterday and the jumping. I'm still doing the Rajio Taiso from two weeks ago and that helps. Hope we continue to climb this week. I LOVE that we are not in last place!
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of bummed that the outside challenge wasn't last week! Last week was beautiful and I did spend some of it outside but this week is supposed to rain! Right now Thursday and Friday look to be the best chance with "mostly cloudy" as the forecast. I'm not sure that I want to put off the challenge until then without a better guarantee of good weather. If we get a break in the weather I could talk my husband into going with me but in the rain, I'm on my own! Unlike @SmashleyM914 my dog, Lucy, is an almost 14 year old border collie and would not be able to get up the next day if I took her 4 miles! She doesn't even get excited anymore when I put on my running shoes.

I did do the muve video twice already and I'm headed for my workout. Upper body today-arms, @TaraDanielle40 don't be ashamed of your weights. I am using 3 & 5 pounds as well. I am up to 8 pounds for biceps but shoulders the dr. says still have to be 3 pounds. Just keep working on it and you will be able to work up to more. For trimming though less weight and more reps works well!
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Gah!!!! My rainbow post didn't save! :neutral: Dang it, sorry guys!! I just never thought to recheck after Saturday morning. Dang I'm mad at myself. Not going to let THAT happen again...
  • novten82
    novten82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For the calorie challenge this week. If my calorie goal for the day is 1200, but I exercise 300, does that mean I have to be under 1500 (1200+300) or 1200?
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    novten82 wrote: »
    For the calorie challenge this week. If my calorie goal for the day is 1200, but I exercise 300, does that mean I have to be under 1500 (1200+300) or 1200?
    @novten82 When you complete your diary it has to say that you were under your calorie goal. If your goal is 1200 and you log exercises and your daily goal on MFP changes to 1500, you need to be under that. If your goal is 1200 and you exercise but don't log it, so MFP doesn't adjust your calorie goal, and you eat 1300 calories you will not be able to count that day.

I personally don't manually log my exercise because my Fitbit does it automatically for me.
  • novten82
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 is there something I have to do (other than link my fitbit and MFP) to have my exercise count? MFP doesn't seem to be getting the info from fitbit.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing, Mondays are walk days so got my 4 miles in today! Did the first muve video twice, like them much better than the tasio, I think the music is just so relaxing. Here's to a good week 4s, I think we may be the only "full" team left.
  • novten82
    Options
    @scherzie do you think doing the muve videos would be relaxing before bed, or do you think it gets you moving too much?
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @novten82 I think you could do before bed, does not have to be vigorous movements. I am partial to the music though, puts you in a tropical (slow pace) state of mind.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @novten82 on the MFP app there's a section called "Apps & Devices", you should be able to sync them up from there. I believe that's how I had originally done mine.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Under my calorie goal - check!
    3 outdoor walking miles today - check!
    Lots of minutes today - check!
    Kept it super nutritious today - check!
    Water water water - check!
    Got my workout clothes laying out and ready for me tomorrow morning - check!

Didn't get any of the MUVE videos done because I forgot about them until it was too late and I was literally climbing into bed. On the plus side, it's 8:30 and I'm not far from sleep. I'm not totally sure what I'll be doing at the gym tomorrow, I'm thinking maybe some running. I'll have to see about my soreness andnwhich parts of my body feel like operating haha.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @novten82 if you can't get them to sync up, you can always add your exercise into MFP manually, it will adjust your calories accordingly. However keep in mind that the calorie burn estimates on here are notoriously very off, generally way higher than what you actually burn.
  • novten82
    Options
    I entered my exercise in manually (46 minutes) and don't usually eat the exercise calories.

Had a great day yesterday. 46 exercise minutes, 1.2 miles outside, 2 of 8 total videos and under my calories! Today should be much of the same, with a few more exercise minutes. Have a great day everyone.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

Well I walk 5 miles every day so I have already completed the 1st challenge. Went outside and it began to rain half way through. Next I will tackle the MUVE videos. I was under goal yesterday. Working on the 21 day diet because it is nice clean eating.

Congratulations everyone!! We are in 3rd place.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Forgot to get coffee whitener for my coffee yesterday when I was at the store, and HAD to drink it with milk. The horror!! lol It's only at desparate times that I can swallow it down.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi team!

My run ended being a walk today & it didn't take me to the gym as I had planned when I left. I woke up at 4am & couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided that since I was sore from yesterday, really tired, I would just walk to get challenge #1 done & more exercise minutes. I didn't want to risk hurting myself at the gym (I am doing strong lifts & squats are hard when I have energy!)
    I also need some reserve energy because I need to get my house clean. We are really busy all of December so we will be decorating the house in the next week, so that we basically have everything done for Christmas before we go on our cruise December 5th. Once we are back it will be less stressful & maybe I will get to enjoy some holiday baking instead of rushing around like a crazy person.

I will do a couple of the MUVE videos, on cleaning breaks today :)
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    G'mornin, all! I was MIA here for the past two days, sorry. Been busy at work and home. So, Hawaii, huh? Way to rub salt in the wound for the week...today's high is 67, but Thursday we're expecting snow and a high of like 39. Booo winter :P Oh well, it is what it is. I'm going to count the 8 miles of running outside since I've got my half marathon next week. Did 3 yesterday and another 3 planned for today, so I'll get it done quickly. Need to do the videos at night or something. I stayed under calorie goal yesterday and will do so again! Gotta get these last 15 lbs off!

You are all amazing. Thank you so much for all your hard work! <3
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @carinamenina Sounds like our weather. We are expecting record highs tomorrow and then snow on Thursday. I'm okay with some cooler weather, but the snow can stay away.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Oy vey, sometimes the message boards are a scary place to be. I swear vultures hang out on those things and just wait to pounce!! I asked a simple question about the current medication I'm on and it turned into people telling me I need to eat healthy and exercise, riiiiiiight because I don't already do that? Jeepers! I'll wait to talk to my doc, and forget I even asked for peoples personal experiences.