Amelia's OMAD Journal: Failure, I will succeed, support and advice needed :)

Options

Replies

• AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks OMADing1, and it's true, all of it!
    Last night was a bit of a fluff, went out, had two glass of wine, came home and ate a small (second) meal. Today feel a bit of a failure, but I ain't giving up. In fact I had a date tonight, but knowing it's going to involve wine, I transferred it to tomorrow daytime. Then they wanted to have lunch tomorrow, and I said, no, I'm fasting, but coffee is fine. If I can't say no to others I certainly can't say no to myself, and though I know I'm being rigid (to others, and even though i f-ed up yesterday, I'm not going to carry on the fluff up yet for another day), if they can't accept that then that's ok. I know it's too early to have a splurge day, but I'm going to count yesterday and a little bit of today as the splurge (though I will stay around my calories today), and continue on track, as of tonight and tomorrow.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Last night was a bit of a fluff, went out, had two glass of wine, came home and ate a small (second) meal. Today feel a bit of a failure, but I ain't giving up. In fact I had a date tonight, but knowing it's going to involve wine, I transferred it to tomorrow daytime. Then they wanted to have lunch tomorrow, and I said, no, I'm fasting, but coffee is fine. If I can't say no to others I certainly can't say no to myself, and though I know I'm being rigid (to others, and even though i f-ed up yesterday, I'm not going to carry on the fluff up yet for another day), if they can't accept that then that's ok. I know it's too early to have a splurge day, but I'm going to count yesterday and a little bit of today as the splurge (though I will stay around my calories today), and continue on track, as of tonight and tomorrow.

I had a similar night yesterday, so I can relate.

ETA: Hopefully your date won't feel relegated to "friend zone". Lunches or coffee translated to "not that into you". Why don't you let him take you to an OMAD dinner where you can eat a real meal with him?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I remember Joe mentioning that you can have wine or beer with a meal.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yeah, sure. A beer or wine with the meal is fine.

(I'm sitting here catching up on these threads with dandelion and green tea mixed with ginger and turmeric - tastes so good on such a cold day!)
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Seriously, we have got to remember that this OMAD life is not a sprint, but a marathon. For you to be posting so faithfully, the good, the bad and the ugly is a HUGE accomplishment--just tremendous. You're not only helping yourself sharing with us, but helping all of us too. I love your winner like, accepting of what's happening and not making excuses, just telling it like it is and undestanding that this is a WAR and though some battle may be tougher than others, your resolve to NOT give up the fight is the stuff champions are made of. Lastly, I love what Deb suggested too! I didn't make my goal either, but I will next week/Friday, period.

AND

Yeah, sure. A beer or wine with the meal is fine.

(I'm sitting here catching up on these threads with dandelion and green tea mixed with ginger and turmeric - tastes so good on such a cold day!)

Dandelion Tea...THANKS JOE for mentioning that, I've been out for a while, and need to replace it. Dandelion Tea is the bomb dot com and reminds me of coffee. Mixed with green or oolong tea is delicious too. <3
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I try to make OMAD as simple as possible. I don't eat until 4 pm. I eat what I can, wait about 15 minutes because I get full, and then finish my dinner. Every two weeks I have a splurge day of three meals and maybe a snack. I just take it a day at a time and sometimes I lose and sometimes I don't. My body gets adjusted to the new weight and I begin losing again. It's a lifestyle and one I will continue the rest of my life. Please drink a lot of water or tea to keep yourself full and hydrated so you don't get dizzy.

This way of eating will change the way you think of food, will give you more peace than you every thought possible, will make you feel in control of all situations, and finally, will make your life so much more enjoyable. The added benefits are smaller clothes, sleeping better, and contentment.

Good luck to you!! I know you can do it.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Thus continues my poor relationship with alcohol/ food. Yesterday ended up being ANOTHER foul up. Sigh.
    Guys, If this is going to work, I need to question the role of alcohol in my life. In fact Mon-Fri of not drinking made me realize I don't really need it. It is nice, but it completely diverts my goals, my energy, etc. These days also, I am unfortunate in that I get a severe hangover after just two glasses of wine. (Maybe those years of alcoholism stuffed my liver, big time). Cue then the need to eat.
    It is sabotaging me, big time. Not only with OMAD, but with all my other life goals. My relationship with alcohol also means I give up on having much of a life, because I'm scared of the hangover and fallout that comes from it (no productivity, no OMAD after drinking.)
    I don't want to live like this.

I am not giving up OMAD. Alcohol be damned. I will now have one, ONE glass, one drink, maximum, at any outing. (funny coincidence, that will end up being New Years, not that I am going to binge then, but nice big goal to reach).
    I can say no to alcohol. I am saying no to more than one drink, at least for the next six weeks of my life. I can do this. I take full responsibility for the foul-ups so far.
    Onward, lesson learnt, and upward folks. Thanks to all for the patience in my up and downs! I don't want to be a statistic, someone that joins OMAD then lets life get in the way, disappears from the forum, and never reaches the goal. I am tired of it. I am tired of myself. I don't want to be mad at myself anymore, I want to be proud.

I was going to not post today because I was ashamed. But here I am. If anyone else is struggling, or falling off the wagon, be assured you aren't the only one. And join me in making the changes necessary to get back on that horse and slay this beast.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Oh, Deb, a funny aside. I just moved to Italy from Germany 3 months ago. I lived in Berlin for 2 years. In that whole time in Berlin, I, nor any of my girlfriends, had a single german fella even glance at us sideways. Someone once said, for the average german man "If you have the most beautiful woman walking down the street, clad only in her underwear, a German man will walk straight past, eyes to the ground, worried because he only has 50,000 dollars in his savings account"
    My my, Italy is pretty much the complete opposite. Now, I'm no canadian sunset, but you gott bat them off with a stick here. It's not bad attention, it's just, they are relentless, with everyone, I think. The coffee date is a little strategic move of mine :wink:
    If anyone wants some romantic attention, come to Italy. And it's not bad, sexist attention either (having come from Australia, a land where the battle of the sexes is a nasty one). It's just, appreciation of the beauty of life. But geez guys, slow down a bit! (like I said, I'm no Samantha Brick, don't think I think I'm fabulous, they are just interested in everybody)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    My friend visited Italy years ago. She said that the men were often pinching her posterior in public. Is that kind of stuff still going on?
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Amelia, I am relieved that you are staying here with me for the 6 weeks. You have no idea how helpful your honest posts are to me.

My hubby made up the pina coladas again but this time I felt queasy. Fortunately it was close to the mealtime hour, and I only had one. So I will just count it as a dessert, move on, and include it with my daily calories.

I want to get some momentum and drinking calories is counter productive, IMO, for me. Let's watch some of the OMAD videos over again and start fresh today!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Ha no the pinching of the posterior is TOTALLY not ok, the men here are actually very very polite, very tame (in the same way the average american is, there are always bad seeds but on the whole not at all threatening or space invading).
    Yes Deb, I am glad my posts are helping you, as yours are me, you have no idea! yes, let us not worry, we go on together! Onwards and upwards, we will do it. 6 weeks together :) (at the VERY least). You are stuck with me, I'm afraid ;)
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    {{Six Weeks}}
    Handshake
    Let's do this!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Thus continues my poor relationship with alcohol/ food. Yesterday ended up being ANOTHER foul up. Sigh.
    Guys, If this is going to work, I need to question the role of alcohol in my life. In fact Mon-Fri of not drinking made me realize I don't really need it. It is nice, but it completely diverts my goals, my energy, etc. These days also, I am unfortunate in that I get a severe hangover after just two glasses of wine. (Maybe those years of alcoholism stuffed my liver, big time). Cue then the need to eat.
    It is sabotaging me, big time. Not only with OMAD, but with all my other life goals. My relationship with alcohol also means I give up on having much of a life, because I'm scared of the hangover and fallout that comes from it (no productivity, no OMAD after drinking.)

I am not giving up OMAD. Alcohol be damned. I will now have one, ONE glass, one drink, maximum, at any outing. (funny coincidence, that will end up being New Years, not that I am going to binge then, but nice big goal to reach).
    I can say no to alcohol. I am saying no to more than one drink, at least for the next six weeks of my life. I can do this. I take full responsibility for the foul-ups so far.
    Onward, lesson learnt, and upward folks. Thanks to all for the patience in my up and downs! I don't want to be a statistic, someone that joins OMAD then lets life get in the way, disappears from the forum, and never reaches the goal. I am tired of it. I am tired of myself. I don't want to be mad at myself anymore, I want to be proud.

I was going to not post today because I was ashamed. But here I am. If anyone else is struggling, or falling off the wagon, be assured you aren't the only one. And join me in making the changes necessary to get back on that horse and slay this beast.

I haven't had a drink since 1978! Yes I was only 17 then but I did drink quit frequently then. It only got me in trouble (several times) and I find I can get by just fine without it. If it is causing you problems, complete abstinence is an option. Better to not do it all all than it be controlling. Good luck!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    handshake accepted, and returned!
    Ha Bob, I think you are on the right path. Thank you:)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    loved your insight into men, In sweden, no one looks at me, and all the women wants my husband only my husband but In turkey all the men liked me and none of the women wanted my husband.......it was strange lol.

I dont really have any alcohol advice since i literally cant stand the taste of any of it...but my husband used to be an alcoholic, after too many trips to the hospital to get help he finally just said enough and stopped for good. life is too short i guess.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    handshake accepted, and returned!
    Ha Bob, I think you are on the right path. Thank you:)

Okay-- 6 weeks all the way. No backing out!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I've never had a drink so I can't help you but good luck!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    another day down! Good on all of us:)
    Yep, six weeks all the way, no backing out, you and me baby, (and anyone else)!
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Amelia, I literally can see the rough and invisible chains of alcohol and more issues in your life breaking off of you bit by bit. Just by your new "language".
    tumblr_ncy6tltkwt1qc4uvwo1_500.jpg

13329117_1721985801386005_1695912755_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI2MDk2MTUzMzYwNzcxNTQ4Ng%3D%3D.2

3b428a1132721c2a75da6dd7699ab611.jpg
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Keep building each day just like OMADing posted above. You will get there.