TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    @twitch82 I wish you the very best in your job search and that it sets you in the right direction. Could be the best thing ever for you to have changed. Sending you good vibes.

I went out today for a walk with the kids (asides from work we have been house bound as all are sick ). It felt great. Was 2 But no where near a turkey trot. Think I will fail on that one this week, although I did rack up quite a bit of walking around shops/offices the three days I went to work (audit starts Monday and plan three more days in office next week ugh ) good news is next Friday get to see my preggers little sister who has been off in India for last year. Yay!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey team! Got all my minutes entered for the week. Did a 5k on the treadmill today and I plan to finish the Rokettes video here in a few moments!

There is so much in my life I am thankful for. I am thankful for my family and friends, they do more for me than I truly deserve. Also, I am thank for all of you here on MFP. You all really do help keep me accountable and all of you are so encouraging. We share this journey together and without you all I could not do it on my own. :)
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    @Dictorbutt - welcome back. It's great to have your numbers; you are a huge part of this team.

Our numbers are great this week. Nice job everyone!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for my family and for my friends that are better than family. I'm thankful that I live in a place that speaks to my heart. I'm thankful for the four days of feasting on food and the GF pumpkin pie Mom sent home with me.

I'm also thankful for Jimmy Fallon Thank You Notes: Cake Balls, Garlic Knots - NSW (or anything else) so not posting a link but you can go find it for a laugh.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    @Dictorbutt - welcome back. It's great to have your numbers; you are a huge part of this team.

Thank you for saying so!

If it's not too late I have another 428 to add to the spreadsheet and I've found I'm not a Rockette. :/ ... Yet. If someone could add them. No worries if not. ;)

Otherwise, I'm going to do some last minute sight seeing around NY now that the challenge is complete. I'll prob report back anyway.

Great week team!
    Excited to get back into the full swing again!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »

Thank you for saying so!

If it's not too late I have another 428 to add to the spreadsheet and I've found I'm not a Rockette. :/ ... Yet. If someone could add them. No worries if not. ;)

Otherwise, I'm going to do some last minute sight seeing around NY now that the challenge is complete. I'll prob report back anyway.

Great week team!
    Excited to get back into the full swing again!

@dictorbutt I was able to add your numbers in. Have fun in NY. This mama is heading to sleep!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE NEW DESTINATION IS UP AND RUNNING!
    THE SPREADSHEET WILL FOLLOW SOON!
    HAPPY RACING EVERYONE!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    WEEK 7 SPREADSHEET IS UP!
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    I really like this week's challenges. The info for our new destination is very interesting (frog juice, really?????).
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I have a close friend from Peru (Lima); this will be a fun challenge :)

I am still suffering from a bum knee so I'll do my best with the challenges. My gosh it is taking a long time to heal!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    So, I had planned to do two dance videos for the next 3 days. I had so much fun with the first two that I did all 6 this morning! I was behind in getting me and the kids ready for school, but it was worth it. I absolutely love latin style dancing......I miss going out and dancing to this music (it's great for the abs and calf muscles, too). I will probably do the videos again tomorrow because it got me in such a great mood for the day. :)

@carlsoda - sorry that your knee is still hurting. The dancing videos move the knees in ways that may cause pain, so BE CAREFUL. I tore my ACL 20 years ago and had it fixed (my goodness....did I really just write 20 years ago???). I still have to watch what I do. Just do what you can, and if you miss the challenges, that's ok. Focus on stuff you can do.
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I feel a slight twinge of envy at this week's destination - my dad went a few years ago, by himself! (in his 60's, perhaps that's part of the reason he had double hip replacement surgery two weeks ago lol - them STAIRS!) He met lots of people and had a rare old time, still has quite a few of the people he met there on Facebook.

I audibly gasped at the roasted guinea pig :'( Talk about fashion victim.

Here's to a good week!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @smile_laughter I tore mine back in 1985. :) a loong time ago! Usually I can keep it under control but not at the moment. I honestly think it's a new drug I started a few month ago. It can cause sore joints and both my knees have been sore as well as hips. At least Advil is helping:)
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ok Team Three this week sounds like a fun challenge and I always walk alot of steps so that should be easy....

I just want to say that I totally did no exercise today and I ate HORRIBLE. I guess it was my Monday back from vacation screw up day hahaha

As for those of you who might have seen that my 5k took me 60 mins this past week was because my husband went with me and he likes to check out all the sights. So while in the Florida Keys my 5k took me thru some neighborhoods along the ocean and then to a park on the Bay side. We had a nice time just took a while.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys-
    Love this week's challenges! I hadn't looked at them before going to the gym today, but I had an inkling that there would be stairs, so I did 360 on the stairmaster while I was there. :smile:
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm back, after taking a week off, of well...everything. A break I needed to get my head back into this whole weight loss thing. So I started this week out well...I too @smile_laughter, only planned on doing half of the dances but did them all last night! I also stayed under my calorie goal - which I am so happy this is the challenge for the week.
    @carlsoda- hope your knee starts to feel better soon.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great start to the week for team 3! Good morning, everyone! We are heading to Peru. 4356 miles divided by 18 (again, a cautious number) is 242 minutes per person, minimum. The staying under calories this week is great for managing any Thanksgiving leftovers! @smile_laughter and @enuf200, way to complete the dancing so early in the week! My dancing window will probably be Friday.
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    Hey friends...I think I did too much at the beginning of last week because my illness came back pretty hard and I've not been able to do much of anything these last few days. Good news is I have been under calories even though Monday I ate a ton of candy. It was strange - I've never had candy cravings like that before so I don't know what came over me. I should be able to finish the steps and I'm going to start working on the videos tomorrow.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Good morning team. So, I sprained my ankle last night. It was an absolutely beautiful night for a run and we were in a subdivision checking out the Christmas lights. I wasn't looking down and stepped into a pothole. It's not bad, but with only five more training runs before the 5K graduation run, I may be out of luck. I had also planned on doing the dances on Friday. We'll see if I can do them, or if I can modify them and if it is even worth it. I didn't complete my diary last night when I got home, but I didn't eat very much when I got back so I know I was way under. That's two days in a row. The steps are coming along great (two storey house) and will be no problem to complete.

@BJerzy, feel better soon, Brynn!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS - oh no! That's too bad! I really hope it heals quickly for you, especially for you to participate in the 5k graduation run!
    @BJerzy - I hope you feel better soon. There's been a lot of people sick at work, and at home. Take care of yourself!

I am plugging away on the stair challenge, and 2/5 with the calorie goal challenge!
    Have a good day everyone :)