TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    LOL! My husband thought I looked pretty darned sexy screwing up those Peruvian dance moves. I'll just go ahead and take that as a compliment! ;)

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I did get to the gym last night. Brought the baby because hubby had to work. I hope I don't have to go at nights again because the music is extra loud during that time and I would hate for it to affect my little one. Although he didn't seem to mind, slept right through it.

One thing though, quite a few persons told me that they don't think I should be back at the gym so soon. At first I started to doubt myself and wondered if maybe they were right. But then I remembered that my dr gave me the go ahead as long as I promised to take things easy. And I am. Last night when I felt pain doing a particular exercise I stopped immediately. So I will continue to go and do the little that I'm doing. Trust me, I need it. It's good for my psyche to get out of the house, and to have some adult conversation (besides with my husband).

So yea, did some more stairs. I'm up to 1050 which means 728 to go. Also, forgot to mention that I had done the 6 videos on Tuesday so 1 challenge complete. So far I've been 3 for 3 with staying under calories and one of those days included my cheat day so I should be able to complete challenge #3 successfully.

@lbenson2006 I hope you feel better really soon. It's important to listen to your body and if you need to take a day (or 2), you take it because it's the only one you have.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    ...One thing though, quite a few persons told me that they don't think I should be back at the gym so soon. At first I started to doubt myself and wondered if maybe they were right. But then I remembered that my dr gave me the go ahead as long as I promised to take things easy. And I am. Last night when I felt pain doing a particular exercise I stopped immediately...

Good for you! Don't worry too much about what other people think. Listen to your doctor and your own body. You seem like a smart, reasonable person. Just take it slow and easy and you should be fine! I agree that physical activity is excellent for the psyche. And if it's gentle, and includes plenty of rest and good nutrition, it probably helps the healing process, too. Just make sure that you modify anything that's too stressful or beyond your current fitness/health level. I'm sure no one will mind if you make some modifications! B)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    LOL! My husband thought I looked pretty darned sexy screwing up those Peruvian dance moves. I'll just go ahead and take that as a compliment! ;)

Take that and run with it!! You must have some rhythm because what I do could in no way be considered sexy! Lol.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Tameika - I second Jenilla's thoughts. It's good you are getting back into it, just be cautious and listen to your body and doctor.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    As for me, I've been in bed most of the day and each time I get up, I seem to feel a tad better. Took some nyqil and off to bed again...so a 0 for me today. Hoping when I wake in the morning I feel well enough to do something at least. :)
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @lbenson2006 you need to get better, please don't force yourself! I'm gonna pick up the pace this weekend to try to put some more numbers up!!

I do have to say it is a little disappointing all of the empty spots in the spreadsheet! :(
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    @lbenson2006 you need to get better, please don't force yourself! I'm gonna pick up the pace this weekend to try to put some more numbers up!!

I do have to say it is a little disappointing all of the empty spots in the spreadsheet! :(

Thanks. It's really hard to know whether or not you should push yourself. I was feeling a little better this morning so thought I would do something. I decided to just walk my stairs and did it slow but I still think it was too much. What a bummer. At least I am almost done with the stairs.

I am obsessive over the spreadsheet and would rather have to be adding numbers for people than keep seeing all these blanks. But that's just me. I've noticed another team where the captain themself doesn't post until late in the week. So I guess it's just an individual preference. Lol.
  • Joanna2012B
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am obsessive over it too! So we can be the obsessive sisters! Listen Christmas is coming and you don't want to be sick for that. So take a few days for yourself!!! I'll fill in for you!!! I plan on getting good numbers for Saturday cause Sunday might be a wash.... I plan on getting most of my calories in liquid form in Saturday night! I have my "Sole Sisters" Christmas gathering. We can get pretty wild especially doing shots! :D Watch for the next episode of Sole Sisters Gone Wild!!!

I have been 4 days under calories and will make sure today too! I may need a high calorie fat filled breakfast on Sunday!!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @lbenson2006 Yes, please take care of yourself. Let your body heal! It really doesn't matter what place we come in. Sure it is fun to be #1, but I would rather my team mates were healthy than winning.

I had a crap day yesterday. I felt blah all day. So I decided to skip my walk at lunch and eat nachos. They were yummy. :) I did do some walking after work. Then ate more crap for dinner/snacks. I fell asleep on the couch around 8 last night. The BF woke me up to go to bed, the next thing I know, it is 4 in the morning. (Alarm goes off at 430) I enjoyed some cuddles with the BF, and now feel so much better. I think my body needed the rest, so I won't beat myself up. Somehow I managed to stay under calories. One more day for that challenge. I am going to try and do videos on Saturday. Today after work I have to take my mom to the airport, and then we are supposedly going to the gym tonight. I can't wait.

Team 2 beat have a great weekend and lets kick it in gear. If all of us do just 5 minutes extra we can make up for some sick time. :)
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 2 Beat!
    Sorry to be MIA, but being pulled in too many directions....focusing on completing challenges and logging when possible.
    Welcome @Mark_ and sorry for those who are not feeling well....repetitive but...listen to your body at all times...
    know "when to hold me and when to fold em" as they say, (those are song lyrics for those of you that haven't heard them).
    Injuries and getting run down can really knock you back, consistency wins every time....remember...
    ITS ABOUT BEING JUST A LITTLE BIT HEALTHIER AT THE END OF THIS AMAZING RACE,
    then join another challenge to get JUST A LITTLE BIT HEALTHIER AGAIN,........Machu Pichu wasn't built in a day!
    Almost done with the stairs, doing great on calorie counts, and will definitely being getting videos in. Will log asap....
    My apologies @lbenson2006, I know how much you hate the blank spots ;(
    Great results last week for the Team!!!!
    We still have three days for this leg, looks like we're doing well with the Miles....lots of challenge points to be had!
    Best wishes to all of Team 2 for a happy HEALTHY weekend,
    Lynn
    *Peru is on my bucket list and after watching all those videos, plus a few extra on you tube, even more so.
    What incredible history, natural beauty, and how can you not love their COLORFUL world?!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    @jenilla1 I like to think I'm a smart and reasonable person :) . Thanks and you are absolutely right. I do feel like it's helping my healing a bit.

@lbenson2006 Stop trying to push through and rest! You are not doing your body any favours if u get injured.

I wanted to do even 30 minutes of cardio yesterday to be able to put some minutes on the spreadsheet, but my baby and my knee had other ideas. Started an exercise video but a few minutes in and the baby started to holler and a few minutes after that felt a twinge in my knee. So of course I stopped immediately because if it's one place on my body I want to keep healthy, it's my knees.

So today I made up for it by going to the gym and doing some extra work. Did my stairs and when I came home I realized that I had only TWO MORE FLOORS to be done. I couldn't believe it, I could have finished that challenge today. Ah well. At least I'm forced to go to the gym tomorrow.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. It is just such a hard thing to try to figure out if you can handle the exercise or not until it's too late. However, with the help of the stairs walking this morning, I was able to finish the stairs challenge by the time I left work. :)

Jo - have an awesome time with your Sole Sisters!! Enjoy every minute of it. You work hard for it!

Jen - sorry your day was crap. Glad getting in some extra rest made you feel better. Sometimes we need days like that. Gotta say though, I'm quite jealous over the cheating and still staying under calories. :p

Lynn - welcome back! Totally got the song reference, but all I can picture is the commercial from the last year or two!! Couldn't tell you for the life of me what commercial it was now though! Lol. Here's to you making it to Peru in real life in the near future! :)

Tameika - great job listening to your body. I'm working on learning that! Sorry you realized you were 2 floors shy. That is quite a bummer. But, at least you still have time to get it in. Have fun at the gym tomorrow!
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hi team 2 , how are you all
    Welcome @Mark_
    @lbenson2006 I hope you feel better really soon.

i'm doing well this week , i need to do only one video to complete challenge 2 , 169 steps are remaining for challenge 1 , and 4 days under calories
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Team 2...Happy Weekend. You are all doing amazing fighting through illnesses and life challenges. My challenge this past week and this month is alcohol/cocktails. I'm a very social human and love all the holiday parties and festivities. It's a great time to connect with friends and family. The downside is all the food and drink. One drink or two can really make the difference of staying within my calorie range. My goal is to lose a few pounds in December and I'm finding it difficult. I love the challenge this week because it is making me think about my long term goals, focus on the day to day stuff, helping me say "no" to the cookies and cocktails.

Mark, welcome to our team. I was in Southern California the week of Thanksgiving. I lived in the LA area previously for 6 years and in my college days had an internship in Hollywood. Despite all that, I had never hiked to the Hollywood sign. Did it twice while I was there. Super great weather and I'm missing it now that I'm back in CO.

@lbenson2006 I've updated the spreadsheet, I know it drives you nuts to see 0's. I have not yet completed all the videos yet and need one more day under calories. I expect to meet all the challenges this weekend.

• Joanna2012B
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Woohoo stairs are done!!!! I did 1224 stairs after spin this morning!!

• Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Stairs are done!! Did some of them during the week at the hotel, then a bunch in Hollywood this morning ( pics follow ) and found myself 168 steps short so I went to the garage, got out the ladder and knocked them out!! Feels good to have that behind me!! Hope all is going well with the rest of you! Enjoy your weekend!
    zy4y2e3cguyx.jpg
    qsmqigqxtlc7.jpg
    xqs0lkdmvqkb.jpg
    mftrkz508igk.jpg
    r9sc4igtirmh.jpg
    eaexs6i8jb9p.jpg
  • Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @Joanna2012B that many stairs AFTER a spin class?!?!? You're a rock star!!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Lol @Mark_ thanks!!! I still have to do the videos. I'll do them tomorrow!!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    @Mark_ You weren't kidding about the steps! Thanks for the pics. I've been all around L.A. but never into Hollywood. I didn't know about all those stairs. LOL @ finishing up your steps on the ladder! Good save!

Gorgeous day here in SoCal. You couldn't ask for a nicer day to go out and climb stairs in December! I was out working in my yard all day. B)