Replies

• Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @darcijojo !!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Week 8 destination is posted. The spreadsheet will be available about 6am Pacific time.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning team. I am sitting in the airport ready to go on vacation. I won't have internet access until Saturday (maybe Thursday). I will be active, so don't worry about my blank spots. I have decided to do the Transylvania twist & steps for my challenge I will be tight to get all the videos done on Saturday & Sunday but I will do my best. Last week! Keep up the good work team!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The Spreadsheet is up and running!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @lynnbaum I have not heard word of a January challenge yet, I sure hope there will be!
    @mckeon11 and @Scherzie awesome job!!
    @lpeltenburg I hope you have a wonderful time!!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey, team...been MIA again. Bad news is I tore/sprained/did something bad to my MCL on my run on Saturday, so I'm barely able to walk, let alone run or do other leg-related exercises. Good thing we don't have a stairs challenge this week because that would NOT happen. But I have a hinged brace and some pain meds, and I'll do what I can for exercise to help the team! Hope you all are doing well!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Oh no @carinamenina I hope you heal quickly!!
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @carinamenina take it easy! You certainly don't want to make it any worse!
    @scherzie Good job on your list! I am going to have to think on that for a bit.

I think I'm going to try to do the Australian choices. I know I can do the arms no problem. Hopefully my back will be ready to let me do the jumping a little at a time. It is much better today after my fourth visit to the chiropractor. I wish that we could choose two from any of the weeks. I would do the arms and the stairs, I know I could do those!
  • tarpguys
    Options
    @darcijojo oh! so I can do the arms from Australia and the stairs from Peru? Oh that would be great! I can do that. I'm afraid that the jumping might be a little to jarring for my back yet, but walking and sitting are both easier now. Thank you! Congratulations on the new jeans!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys You only have to do one of those challenges for the points this week. You pick the challenge, complete it, tell us which one you did and why, claim your points.
  • tarpguys
    Options
    Since I tend to be a bit OCD when it comes to my health it's hard for me to put together a list as most of the things I do, I do out of habit. No I don't count the number of times to twist the doorknob or wash my hands but my hubby would tell you that there are worse things ;).

Ok here is my list:
    1. I will not put anything in my mouth that contains sugar, not refined, brown , or even organic cane sugar. "Sugar is sugar" and certainly NO High Fructose Corn Syrup!
    2. I will continue to drink my water! A minimum of 68 oz per day which cannot include Iced tea.
    3. I will limit the amount of caffeine drinks in one day to 3 (that means only 3 glasses of Iced tea per day, they can be large but only 3).
    4. I will continue to work out daily and do my stretches each morning.
    5. I will continue to eat 4-5 small meals throughout the day to keep my blood sugar stable.
    6. I will continue to eat my fruits and veggies (but NO brussel sprouts or lima beans!)
    7. I will continue to make my bed and clean up the house daily
    8. I will continue to take the stairs whenever possible
    And the new one is...
    9. I will get my sewing room back in order and finish the 5 quilts I have started and finish the rewrites on my book.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    @darcijojo - Congratulations on the size 14 jeans. That is a huge accomplishment!
    @carinamenina and @targuys - I hope you both get better soon.
  • Fitbug92
    Fitbug92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Team, I am here this week. I have a big project at work taking a big chunk of time. It will be done tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm done the six minute ab video twice and I am doing finding nemo. I will get my minutes logged soon and I'll step up my game of exercise, too. I'll get the list done too.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 275 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have everything written down for the week so far. Will be logging it on Saturday when I can get on my desktop. Sheets app...grrrr
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    For my challenges this week: Still working on #1 (videos)

#2, My choice is the NY, NY-Turkey Trot; It is a goal of mine to participate in a real 5k. I have stayed away from running always, thinking its just not meant for me. It seems so freeing and I envy it. So I have downloaded the c25k app and am plugging away at it. Its been good so far. Just finishing week one :smiley:

#3. My lifestyle choices; My things that I work very hard for. 1. Monitoring my diet and daily logging. 2. increased daily water intake. 3. Not giving into sweets daily. 4. Allowing myself to give in but in moderation. 5. overall increased daily physical activity. 6. continue to stay the course regardless of life's hiccups. 7. believe others when they tell me that I am an inspiration to them, I was once that other person looking at others. 8. More veggies!!. And my new favorite, something that I truly struggle with. 9. Not beating myself up for a backslide. I have come so far and have stayed the course, this current gain will not win. I will increase my gym time and go back to basics on my diet. My kids will see me as a healthy person that still "lives" and not freak over food situations.

I would love to hear other people's rewards to themselves that are not food based. I struggle with allowing myself to give to myself.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi team! Checking in from the Bahamas! Today I climbed queen Anne's staircase, Just for you.