TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Alright, three ab videos in (my lower abs still hurt from the first go round on Wednesday) one more to go. also 70 squats done. Even watched every single video while doing my weights today. well on my way, feel like i will close this event almost as strong as i started it. Hope everyone had a great Friday, and looking forward to the weekend.

@joybedford take care of yourself, my house has been infected with this flu/cold/sinus stuff for three weeks now. everyone (on a rotating basis naturally) has had two-three day fever with coughing and then wean themselves back to good only to fall prey to it by the weeks close again (my daughter has been to school one day out of three weeks now). wishing you a swift recovery.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hello Team 3 - This week was the start of my boys flag football practice, and they are 4 nights a week. So, this is the time in my life where balancing work, family, and health start to get a little hard. BUT, I walk all 4 nights during the practices, so I get a lot of steps in. The part that I struggle with is eating well because I grab bad stuff on the go after work.

So - this week, I chose to do Machu Pichu as challenge #2. I know we only had to do 1 challenge, but I stayed under calories for 5 days and did the steps. I completed both today.

I also completed the ab challenge today.

As for 8 things to continue and 1 new thing - here we go.
    1. Eat below calories by making healthier choices - do this until I reach my goal weight (only 8 lbs to go)
    2. Continue with my weight training routine - get stronger and leaner muscle
    3. Don't eat as much sugar as I used to (a bowl of ice cream was 5-6 large scoops - now I try to have 1-2 small scoops)
    4. Continue yoga as a great compliment to weight training - it has really helped me mentally
    5. Eat fruit and veggies every day
    6. Continue adding more protein into my diet
    7. Continue adding more calcium into my diet
    8. Take time for me, every day - even if it is 10 minutes in the morning before everyone else is up
    9. For something new - I really want to train for a mini triathlon. I absolutely loathe running though because of how painful it is for the next few days in my knee and groin area. A friend of mine hired a trainer to help her with running, and she says she knows how to run properly now. So - hire a trainer to learn how to run right (at the age of 41) and attempt a mini triathlon. :)

@MissionEnforcer and @hawkins410 - I have enjoyed this journey so much. I know the time and effort you had to put into this was a lot, so this is a heart felt THANK YOU! <3 I hope that you are able to continue this challenge in another few months, and I'd love to be invited back.
  • Cheriels82
    Options
    I went with the Sumo Squats completed them this am. :)
    hope everyone has started their weekends well!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Completed 30 minutes of jump rope and 10/10 of Rajio Taiso workouts this week.

Ab challenges also complete. I really liked the one with dumbbells.

For the 8 things to continue and 1 new thing to start:

1. Workout everyday even if for just half an hour.
    2. Keep moving during the day...the little bits add up...not just the workout time.
    3. Continue to have a good mix of cardio, strength and flexibility workouts.
    4. Spending a few minutes warming up and cooling down really makes a difference.
    5. Listening to my body and changing my routine as needed. Some days, yoga is better than cardio.
    6. Prepare a weekly workout plan and complete all workouts
    7. Continue to fuel my body for workouts and Keeping myself well hydrated.
    8. Continue to eat at my calorie goal and ensure I stay under for the week even if I go over one or two days.
    9. I would like to have at least one rest day and improve my sleeping pattern.

@MissionEnforcer and @hawkins410 Thank you so much for your time. The challenges motivated me to try new things which I wouldn't have done on my own (like jump rope and stairs). The research done for the different places was evident in your posts and I really hope to visit these places one day. I hope to be back for the next one :)
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Finished the ab challenges, and did the stair challenge again! I love that it keeps me moving around at school.

1. Find new workouts for the week and attempt them a few times, like we did with all our video workouts here.
    2. Eat at my calorie goal for the week. With the holidays coming up, I'm going to knowingly adjust my goals instead of just giving up for a few weeks.
    3. Drink enough water. I don't do this well during the winter when it's cold. I really need to fill up water bottles and keep them inside or even heat them in the microwave so I can drink some warming water. Maybe warm water with lemon?
    4. Researching how to eat after workouts when I'm not hungry, instead of using the following day to make-up for being under calories.
    5. Use my time wisely and plan workouts each day.
    6. Make time for myself besides working out. For me, that usually means a long cool-down including stretching, walking, and some of that yoga move where you just lay there and breathe.
    7. Make excuses to go up and down the stairs more at work. If I have lunch into a planning period, I need to move around during them instead of sitting for 2 periods in a row.
    8. Eat a variety of healthy foods, such as colorful fruits and veggies and more protein.
    9. I want to add more weight training to my current workout program.

Thanks so much @hawkins410 for everything you do to make this a wonderful balance of education, entertainment and motivation, and @MissionEnforcer for your work making the program run so smoothly.
  • BJerzy
    Options
    I just put my time in and there are still a bunch of people who have not entered for the week. We are only 67% of the way to Canada. @HASWLRS @BobbGrandsard @Dictorbutt @glossysweetums @joybedford @RunRaineyRun @slgibbs1987 @tammo41 @tuffgirl19 @twitch82
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    AHHH!! Time cindteaints stress me out! Especially when I'm busy!! End selfish outburst.

Cliff's notes:

ALL INFO PROVIDED ALWAYS!! LOVE!!!

1300+ min

Ch 1- Complete! 2 vid's 2x each. Loved!!

Ch 2- Pick one a day but.. Hawaii, 4 mi outside.

Ch 3-
    1- eat right
    2- exercise
    3- check in
    4- log (paper but I'll work on it ;) )
    5- stay active
    6- stretch
    7- relax/meditate
    8- dance the weight off
    9- Love myself AS IS!

@MissionEnforcer and @hawkins410
    Please note this and an abridged and rushed version. I will elaborate/itemize when I get back to the hotel this evening.

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey Team -Looks like we need some help to reach our final destination! Let's get it done!

I finished the ab challenge - did some hotel work out this week as we were at a soccer tournament.

I also chose to do the HIKING THE NA PALI COAST for my #2 challenge - again because it was easy to get the 4 miles in outside when I had to be out there an hour early for every game and we were also doing our share of walking to the other fields to catch the other club team games!

For the third challenge here are my 8 choices:
    1 - water water and water - I really loved these challenges as I need to drink more!
    2 - log, log, log - I really feel I do better when I do actually log so need to try to work that in again
    3 - a rainbow of food daily - just to keep my variety up
    4 - stop taking short cuts and step it when I can (not with kiddo with knee issues but alone!)
    5 - no long term computer days - I need to continue to break it up
    6 - cook at home and less take out (which the challenges helped me to do)
    7 - mentally take time for me every day to just decompress
    8 - don't beat myself up over mistakes - just jump back on the next day, hour or whatever works

and my Rudolph moment:
    9 - I am listing 2 here as 1 I couldn't finish last time but I did start and that is the c25k program and the second is to start a regular morning workout routine with video/weight program. I have it all in the basement but I always find something else to do first - I want to jump into the p90X my daughter left behind when she became a gym rat at college!

A special thanks to all that put in time and energy here to support each other on our TEAM!!!!
    Even though this journey is coming to an end, I am hoping we can continue to work our team thread to support each other through the holidays and into 2017. And maybe if we are lucky - another race!

Our Team captain @HASWLRS thanks so much for all your energy here!!! It was appreciated

@MissionEnforcer and @hawkins410 your hard work and dedication to this entire race has been AMAZING. I have loved being a part of these races and look forward to doing another if you so desire to subject yourselves to all of us again. I can't even imagine the time and effort it takes to do what you do but please know there is a special place in my heart for you both!!!
  • Dictorbutt
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »
    AHHH!! Time cindteaints stress me out! Especially when I'm busy!! End selfish outburst.

Cliff's notes:

ALL INFO PROVIDED ALWAYS!! LOVE!!!

1300+ min

Ch 1- Complete! 2 vid's 2x each. Loved!!

Ch 2- Pick one a day but.. Hawaii, 4 mi outside.

Ch 3-
    1- eat right
    2- exercise
    3- check in
    4- log (paper but I'll work on it ;) )
    5- stay active
    6- stretch
    7- relax/meditate
    8- dance the weight off
    9- Love myself AS IS!

@MissionEnforcer and @hawkins410
    Please note this and an abridged and rushed version. I will elaborate/itemize when I get back to the hotel this evening.

Oops! Could someone please add in my minutes?
    I'll have the daily breakdown when I get back to the hotel.
    Thank you!
    V
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my numbers together for the week and completing my reindeer challenge now, be back in the next 15 minutes to post!! Maybe working on procrastination should be #9 for me! :#
  • glossysweetums
    glossysweetums Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Alright I have been quiet a bit this week but got all my numbers just put in. I did not get around to challenge 1 this week but here are my other two.
    Challenge 2: I did the 30 minutes of jump rope. I did this because I love how challenging it is and how quickly it raises your heart rate (although I know now not to follow jump rope after I have done leg day-ha..very hard to get off the ground at that point). Also I have to keep jumping well or my jump rope which is a speed rope will smack my leg or arm..and dang if that doesn't hurt *ouch*. So Challenge 2 complete.

Challenge 3:
    1. Continue to drink nearly half of my body weight in water daily. Body needs water and a good bit of it. Plus I just feel better and less noshy.
    2. Love my body and feel comfortable in my skin
    3. Continue to do exercises that strengthen and challenge me
    4. Abs. Don't forget the abs (which obviously I did this week..urg)
    5. Continue to log food, keeps me accountable.
    6. Keep reduced sugar intake
    7. Keep reduced fried food intake, bloating is caused if I don't and it makes my stomach hurt
    8. Enjoy being vegetarian. Feels amazing

And of course..
    9. Do a strength training program of 3 times a week and keep on this.

@HASWLRS Thanks for being an awesome team captain!

@MissionEnforcer @hawkins410 Loved this challenge as usual and if you decide to do another one in the future I definitely want to be included. Thank you for all your hard work, time, and effort you put into this group and challenges.
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Completed an videos, I used my kickboxing gloves for weights. I chose the step ups as I have to do them for physical therapy 50 stepping up facing forward and sideways and I do my PT exercises at home each day.

1. Continue to eat under calories daily.
    2. Drink water water water ever day, half my weight in ounces and more!! I've been doing well on this one.
    3. Log all of my food/water as I have them throughout the day.
    4. Continue to do physical therapy exercises daily for my ankle, I have 2 sessions left this week and I'm done!
    5. Strength training at least 3 days a week at the gym with machines and with resistance bands at home.
    6. Check in on my daily support thread and give and receive positive support and feedback.
    7. Weigh in daily and log it on Happy Scale/Monitor Your Weight- yes, trying out both apps to see which one I like best!
    8. Take time for myself and take care of me. I'm working on completing 100 books in a year and getting back into art.
    9. And for my Rudolph- do at least one organized exercise a day and logging it, not just getting steps in.

Thank you @MissionEnforcer and @Hawkins410. I can't even begin to imagine how many hours you've put into this challenge- with research, creating this amazing journey and also monitoring all of us!! HASWLRS, thank you for being our backbone and keeping us on task! You are a great leader and I appreciate your commitment to our team :)
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The Closing / Awards Ceremony will be held on the Main Site tomorrow (Monday, Dec 12) at 6:00 PM Pacific Time. The Spreadsheets are currently available for viewing. Your Team Threads will remain open indefinitely. You will also be able to use the Weight Tracker for the time being.

Congratulations to all for an Amazing Race!
  • Dictorbutt
    Options
    My apologies but I am beat. By the time I get to my room I'm hitting the bed.
    I will fill in the blanks later cause I want to. It won't change any stats. I just want to. :)
    Thank you and good night.
  • Cheriels82
    Options
    I missed the deadline .. sick kids and I fell asleep on the second ones bed. So very sorry. Will check the sheets later. Hope we finished
  • Cheriels82
    Options
    And it was Amazing to do Thai race. Thank you so much for everyone who participated and especially to the organizers who do such an outstanding job turkey amazing and tons of fun. Can't wait for another round when everyone is ready
  • BJerzy
    Options
    I ran today! First run in 3 weeks since being sick. I did 2 miles and it was tough. I love the positive feeling after a workout, which is amplified when I was tired and had a poor attitude before the workout. I wish I could have finished the race stronger, but I'm glad I came back slowly and really gave myself time to get well. I feel so much better now.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE CLOSING CEREMONIES HAVE BEEN DELAYED JUST A BIT!
    ETA: 6:45 PST
    PLEASE STAND BY!
    :)
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

THE CLOSING AWARDS CEREMONIES HAVE BEGUN!
    COME CLAIM YOUR RIBBON!
    :)
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

Thanks for an Amazing Race!

fe22jixh1zs7.jpg

Have amazing holidays & see you all in 2017!

MiamiSeoul
    Fab Fives