LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator Congratulations. That's quite an accomplishment, especially over the holidays!
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator - CONGRATS to you on onederland!!!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Oh! And....

It happened.... been looking forward to this moment for awhile now.....

ONDERLAND!!!!

WooHoo!!
    Way to go!!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    It's a terribly blustery Tuesday!
    Can't just complain about the cold... let's add in 50mph wind gusts! Now we can complain!

Another day for work... It's my late day so I've got to make it through.

Thanks everyone for the congratulatory comments! It's been tough getting here with the last 10lbs. This also places me at my last 25 to go! I know this stretch is going to be the hardest run and I'm going to really have to dig in to reach it.
    My plan is to stay more relaxed till after the holidays. I've been following the lazy Keto to the extreme!! Eyeballing everything, no measuring. No real exercise beside my daily movement and the walks I was getting before the weather changed...
    I know all of this has to change and soon. However, this timing sucks!! It's the holidays! Yule starts tonight... 12 days of Christmas with my kids. Then throw in Christmas Day with family and New Years!! I stayed 100% for thanksgiving which was easier than what's happening now...
    I'm not going off whatsoever, I'm am saying that there will be cheats in the very near future... maybe a little something here or there.. I will ketofy as much as possible.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    I'm sitting at my desk at work right now. To my right is the last of the Halloween chocolate and a 1.5 pound box of Belgian chocolates from a vendor. Behind me, on the partner desk I share with the other designer there is a 48pc Ferrero Rocher and a 2 pound+ box of swiss chocolates from a contractor.

I am literally surrounded by chocolate and have been for over a month now.

I have not had a single piece.

As I'm in my third week with no scale loss, it's really hard today not to say "eff it, what's the point?" and have some. But I know me. I know, at this point, it will spiral, I know there's a chance I wouldn't drop carbs again. And above and beyond weight loss I feel GOOD eating this way. It is not worth jeopardizing all the benefits for a brief dalliance with chocolate. Even if it's gorgeous chocolate with a Belgian accent.

Why can't vendors show their appreciation with salami????!?!??!?!!?

Awesome control, you Rock. Maybe make some chocolate fat bombs and have those instead? They have saved me many times over this feasting season. I can resist stuff while out because I have those at home waiting for me.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Welcome to winter Wednesday!!

Longest night of the year and it's the beginning of Yule! I'm fighting the sweets and treats so far. Very tempting to just give in and enjoy.

I'm hoping the rest of the week goes as smoothly as the beginning has.

Have a wonderful day out there today! Stay warm and enjoy your day!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gals. WTG on not giving in to holiday workplace treats!! The toughest time for me was when the lawyers offices used to send huge boxes of French truffles to us at the bank. Although they were over 50% fat and dark chocolate they were sweetened with sugar :(. Good part was we also had clients send us huge beautiful holiday trays of nuts. Sitting at GW Bush Airport in Houston waiting to fly home right now. What a horrid hour to have to get up! Well,, I actually lost weight/inches after 3 week vaycay, despite both Jamaica's and Houston's abundance of serious starch carbs. I'll find out exactly how much in a couple days after flight bloat goes. Last night's dinner was at Chuy's during happy hour (cheap strong margaritas and unlimited free handmade tortilla chips with queso, ground beef, mexi-ranch dressing, and salsa fresca)!!!!! I also ordered stacked blue corn chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce but only had a couple bites of green chile rice and charro beans. Half of the platter ended up as take-out and we ate it cold for super early breaky. At least for the flight we bought hard salami slices, and a big package of jalapeno Monterey jack cheese cubes, so I'm seriously back to keto this morning. Now I've got to get back to IF again.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Mornin' gals. WTG on not giving in to holiday workplace treats!! The toughest time for me was when the lawyers offices used to send huge boxes of French truffles to us at the bank. Although they were over 50% fat and dark chocolate they were sweetened with sugar :(. Good part was we also had clients send us huge beautiful holiday trays of nuts. Sitting at GW Bush Airport in Houston waiting to fly home right now. What a horrid hour to have to get up! Well,, I actually lost weight/inches after 3 week vaycay, despite both Jamaica's and Houston's abundance of serious starch carbs. I'll find out exactly how much in a couple days after flight bloat goes. Last night's dinner was at Chuy's during happy hour (cheap strong margaritas and unlimited free handmade tortilla chips with queso, ground beef, mexi-ranch dressing, and salsa fresca)!!!!! I also ordered stacked blue corn chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce but only had a couple bites of green chile rice and charro beans. Half of the platter ended up as take-out and we ate it cold for super early breaky. At least for the flight we bought hard salami slices, and a big package of jalapeno Monterey jack cheese cubes, so I'm seriously back to keto this morning. Now I've got to get back to IF again.

I'm happy you had a nice time!

Just FYI: you missed snowpocalypse! On Monday, the lower mainland lost power in certain areas and the roads were a mess. I don't know how it was in the Okanagan but I'm sure you guys had some....

Welcome back! Hope you have a scarf and big coat lol

• wimberleybonnette737
    Options
    Hi all,
    Newbie to the group and 4 weeks into my keto journey. I've been a silent stalker for a few weeks now and figured I would come out and introduce myself.

Username speaks for itself, lol. My name is Wimberley. Native Texan living in MD for work purposes. Husband is military so we have lived many places! I am not very partial to the cold, but the seasonal changes are pretty.

Doing keto/lchf for a variety of reasons. First off, I wasn't seeing any progress in building muscle OR losing BF% while eating high carb, was basically stalled at the same BF% no matter what and same muscle mass no matter what. Since going keto I lost 1.1% BF and gained about a lb. of muscle immediately. Also, my father is a diabetic and maternal grandfather a diabetic, in addition to having high blood pressure and cholesterol issues on both sides I am doing this for preventative reasons. Thirdly, I did not like having a crash and feeling 'hangry' every 2-3 hours while eating high carb.

Only 4 weeks in and seen a ton of progress. Steady state energy all day. Fall asleep easier than ever at bed time with no disturbances/restlessness. Not hangry ever. When I am hungry it's a subtle feeling and I never have an energy crash!!!

Anyone else here building muscle?

Hope you all have a fabulous day.

Wimberley
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty good about staying away from the office treats, but I did go over my calories a few times this week. I've been super busy and just seem to not have any time to do anything but party lately (those darn holiday parties!!!). Tonight I am going out with my run group for our holiday social, that will not include any running, unfortunately. I am planning to eat beforehand, indulge myself with one cherry vodka and diet coke, drink water for the rest of the night and go home early. Tomorrow, I will take some time in the evening to run 4 miles along the beach, which will hopefully help me re-gain my mental calm... I miss running distances.
  • canadjineh
    Options

I'm happy you had a nice time!

Just FYI: you missed snowpocalypse! On Monday, the lower mainland lost power in certain areas and the roads were a mess. I don't know how it was in the Okanagan but I'm sure you guys had some....

Welcome back! Hope you have a scarf and big coat lol
    Hi Sam.... glad to be back actually. It was quite dry with no snow on the roads the day we returned, but I did see the Vancouver Snowmageddon on the Internet, lol. We are getting ours now... blizzarding like krazy! In fact our shift coordinator said to not worry about going out on volunteer patrol tonight if things looked too dicey. I think after we pick up the stuff we have to get from the pharmacy this afternoon we will just hunker down and watch videos or read.
    All I did was unpack the backpack and suitcase and do mounds of laundry yesterday (oh yah, and grocery shop as there was only canned chili & beans for dinner when we got home). Tired of the cleanup that happens after a vacation, waaah!
    Hiya, wimberly and Welcome!!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Here ya go @ProCoffeenator:
    03-1849.jpg
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!

I was in such a rush yesterday morning I never had my quiet time. I feel like I neglected this thread! Lol.
    I'm doing my best to not give in to all the treats this week. I'll admit to a few m&ms the other night. It's so crazy how the mentality changes when you've been Keto for a while. I really wanted to say I'd allow a few cheats over the holiday but the guilt I'm experiencing is just crazy!!
    Yesterday I sat down and worked on a cross stitch project for a long while (so nice to put my feet up and do that) then the thought came to me.... it's been about two years ago when I put all this cross stitch stuff into a box thinking I'd never be able to do it again. Yet here I am sitting here working on it and not having any pain in my hands or a headache from trying to focus on it. How can I want to do something that would cause me to put this back into the box?
    I don't want to lose what I've gained. I want to keep getting better. I want to keep getting healthier.
    Easy choice.

Glad you can do your hobby again. That is a wonderful NSV.

Happy Hollies to all.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    The Christmas craziness is over and done with!! Yaaaay! We survived!
    Yes, I cheated. I hate the sound of that...
    I ate things that I haven't eaten in a long time. Let me tell you, it was more of a sampling of foods I used to love that now taste like crap! Haha!! There were two things that I did still enjoy... egg rolls and cookies. Haha!
    Today is the big button day. Pushing reset!! I don't think my choices were so bad that it will be horrible. It will take a few days to completely recover though.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Jimeny cricket I wish we had some reasonable weather for Dec here...it was in the high 70s yesterday and I had the AIR on. Sigh....even in Texas that's ridiculous!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Yep, we had rain here in Iowa. Rain... temps. were in high 30's. Wow!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    High winds, over 80 mph gusts, had us staying in for the day. I loved being able to eat fondue with veggies and ham for dinner, along with two small glasses of champagne. So nice to eat fats over the holidays. The carb stuff was not even tempting to me. DH had his French bread cubes along with his and I didn't even sample one.

For New Years' dinner I will have a small serve of black eyed peas along with some cabbage. The end of feasting holidays is drawing near.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    The end of feasting holidays is drawing near.

Thank goodness for that - lol! My ex sent a cinnamon swirl bundt cake and apple pie home with my daughter after Christmas dinner, which I have been trying hard to ignore. :D It's a good thing I had a batch of crack slaw in the fridge!