January 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I wasn't feeling to good this morning so I did 5 on the ex bike. Planned on going on TM after work but we took our 6 yr old poodle to the vet. We noticed after Christmas that he was guzzling water & needing to be let out to pee numerous times per day. So I thought diabetes & I would take him in today when ALL offices were back in hours. Yesterday he ate in the morning but spent the rest of the day throwing up. Today he will not eat but drinks water. He has been throwing that up too. The vet took blood & urine sample. The lady vet said his urine was pointing towards diabetes but will not know on lab work till late Friday. Does anybody on here administer shots to their pet on a daily basis or if you did have a dog diagnosed as diabetic & you chose to put them to sleep. I LOVE my fur babies & am now fretting over this.

exercise.png

• KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    1/1-1/3 = 9.67

exercise.png
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.33 miles today.
    9.82/ 60 total miles
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    5 Jan 4.5 miles

MTD 45.7 miles
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone. I am back from my holiday. Can you please add me for 60 miles in January?
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1/4 - 3.36 miles walking
    Total for month - 8.16 of 155 miles
    This weekend I'm getting the Christmas tree out of the living room so that I can return the stationary bike to its home. At that point, I'll have some biking miles to put in. Hopefully I will feel more motivated to exercise then. Right now, not so much. Today is the 2 year anniversary of my dearest four-legged best friend's death :'(
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well yesterday, but I have to admit it was a quiet day at work. It was nice to get out and take a short walk around the building at lunch after the rainy day Tuesday. Today there's this cold, white stuff on the ground outside. :o I hope to find my boots and get out there today, but since we're under a winter storm warning I might end up coming back in looking like a snowman.

Added 4.5 miles in 2 days January total 7.5 miles

exercise.png

@vhuber I'm sorry for you and your furbaby. I'm sure you will make the right decision for both of you but I hope the news is good on Friday.

@queenegreene I hope you find more motivation soon. For now, hang in there, it's been 3 1/2 years since I had to let my ruffian go and I still have occasional bad days. I also have wonderful memories of the time she was here too.

And, Thank You everyone for letting me know I'm welcome, good days, bad days and all. I know when I stumbled into this group (almost literally, I am not the most graceful) I had found something special. I'm not going to make incredible promises to be here every day that I'm sure I will break, but I am committing to posting at least twice a week, even if there isn't much to say.

Have a Fun Thursday!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    5 miles done
    15 miles total

60 miles left towards...
    75 mile January goal.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 4.2 miles

exercise.png
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    January 4 5.77

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    1/4 - 3.36 miles walking
    Total for month - 8.16 of 155 miles
    This weekend I'm getting the Christmas tree out of the living room so that I can return the stationary bike to its home. At that point, I'll have some biking miles to put in. Hopefully I will feel more motivated to exercise then. Right now, not so much. Today is the 2 year anniversary of my dearest four-legged best friend's death :'(

ohhh I feel for you. hugs

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Starting off with 6 miles out of 200.

Adding 2 miles for 8 out of 200.

Adding 5 miles for 13 out of 200.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    edited January 2017
    Options
    bz13wcpjq8j2.jpg

Out with Ruby the Wonder Dog. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @vhuber - We see a lot of diabetic animals. Most do quite well on insulin injections. The Vetsulin (Zinc insulin) has had very good results. It's also come down in price. The other insulins have all gone way up in price. The needle is quite small and once you get used to giving the shots, they don't mind it too much. I'm not sure why your vet didn't take a glucose from a glucometer if she thought it was diabetes and then send the blood off to make sure nothing else was going on. You don't have to monitor the glucose as often with pets. They handle a much larger range of glucose and you are really only trying to keep it between 80 and 300. You can check it with a human glucometer. It's off a little, but close enough to tell if the glucose is high or low. Most are within 25 mg/dl. If you furby is urinating a lot or seems a little off, it's a good idea to have one at home so you can check it. They live a long time with high glucose but not very long with glucose below 30.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    Options