Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    Options
    @clepant - Merit looks like a snow dog as well. :smile:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Added a walk on Tuesday and 45 mins of hoops yesterday.
    Today I did a strength circuit. I know it doesn't involve mileage but I'm glad I did it anyway.

38.2 of 200 km done
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@JANET - You'll probably already be done with your 10K by the time I'm writing this, but I hope it goes well and you have fun too! :smile:

@VHUBER - I hope things go well for you and your sweet furbaby at the vet today. :flowerforyou:

So now....I got some bad news this morning...even while life is already seriously kicking my @ss at home and I'm dealing with some major issues there, I found out this morning that my Dad has advanced lung cancer. He's almost 86 and already in not the greatest of shape and I think any treatments would make it so he would be bedridden. He's already pretty frail and weak. It's so hard to watch. A man that has been so strong and such a hard worker all of his life. :cry: He meets with the oncologist on Monday and will find out what his treatment options are.

Here we are when I took him to a bluegrass festival for Father's Day last year.
    q0g24kgjme3p.jpg

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,798 Member
    Options
    1/06
    25.99 miles
    162.26 miles MTD
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news Dave thinking of you amd yours.

As for me I got some London miles in today new ttd 22 miles
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,909 Member
    Options
    Dropped in to report I finished my 10k but was very saddened to read your news, Dave. Words fail me. xoxo
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    January 5 7.43

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Dec. 5: Adding 8 miles today of walking and some sore knee lopping.
    TTD: 52.5 miles

exercise.png

@Dean: Liking your photos of Ruby the Wonder dog. Reminds me of my Merit.
    jkq59omfg49z.jpeg

I just want to give that fur baby a great big hug and kiss! My doctor has prescribed a companion fur baby, but my apt complex says no. I miss my fur baby, Bear. he had such an attitude, I felt like his chauffeur

bjgq4dg1k2ua.jpg
  • anaconda469
    edited January 2017
    Options
    01/01 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/02 - 02.0 miles freezing cold walk
    01/03 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/03 - 01.0 miles walk
    01/04 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/05 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/06 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (heavy snowstorm turning to ice storm in the morning)

Total: 103.0 miles

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Dave: sooo sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you!

No miles for me today although I moved my @ss cleaning house, shoveling snow & watching the 4 yr old & 2 yr old grandsons!
    As for my fur baby, he & I were gone ALL day & the vet left a message on my machine that YES he has diabetes along with other issues & to call her when I receive this message. I did not get home till after 6 pm & they were gone for the day. WIll try again tomorrow but it is a weekend so I'm sure no one will be around. ohhhh goodness..
  • lamm84416
    lamm84416 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    1/6

4.03 miles today
    24.97 miles month to date
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Janet: Congrats on your first two events. My friend is working there this year giving out the Goofy and Doopey medals and just notified us that the races are canceled tomorrow due to severe weather. I guess a first because of lightening strikes. Hopefully you will get to run Sunday.

@vhuber: I am sorry t hear about your news. I hope you go the insulin route. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Feel free to PM me any time for questions. I would be happy to be of support.

@anaconda469: Our furr babies and feathers friends are so special. Their absence is truly felt.

@ Dave: I am so truly sad to hear about your father. My heart goes out to both of and my prayers too. My dad turned 93 in Nov. and he has now been with me for the past two years. He is juggling stage four kidney disease with heart issues. It has been such a delicate balance of regulating both as his Lasix is destroying his kidneys and he can't be without it because of the edema. We just got him over a bout of gout for the first time. While he does not have cancer, he is frail and I too watch what was a strong man slowly diminish before my eyes. So please know I am right there with you in when it comes to his well being. Will add him to my prayer list. Keep us posted.

Jan 6: Adding 10 miles today of lots of walking and some running. Got new inserts for my shoes today and am praying they bring me some relief. Truly feeling lots of knee and heel pain.
    TTD: 62.5 miles

exercise.png

• micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.60 miles today.
    12.42/ 60
  • JTH11706
    Options
    @clepant - Yes, today's half marathon is cancelled! I'm sure this was a very difficult decision for the race directors and they have untold headaches to deal with. I also feel for many runners who traveled for the event, paid for hotels, and on and on. As for me, I got to sleep in. If you send me a PM with a photo or description of your friend, I'll look for her tomorrow, if she's working the late shift when the slower runners come through. I think there are only a couple of dozen volunteers giving out the goofy and dopey medals so I should be able to find her if she's there.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1/6 - 2.55 miles walking
    Total for month - 12.4 of 155 miles

Bless you, Dave and @vhuber -my thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.8 miles

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jan. 7: 13 miles of cycling indoors for 10 and walking 3 miles
    TTD: 75.5 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    edited January 2017
    Options
    01/01 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/02 - 02.0 miles freezing cold walk
    01/03 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/03 - 01.0 miles walk
    01/04 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/05 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/06 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (heavy snowstorm turning to ice storm in the morning)
    01/07 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (stayed indoors, cycled and watched it snow...hard)
    01/07 - 02.0 miles walk (then decided to go for a after dark walk in the snow)

Total: 125.0 miles

***The ticker and Google Chrome are not playing nice together. For some reason the ticker does not want to update, and Chrome is my main browser, It should read 125 miles. Maybe it will catch up***

exercise.png
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,846 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1/2 8.75 miles
    1/3 3 miles
    1/4 0
    1/5 4.75 miles
    1/6 3 miles
    1/7 8.50 miles

As of 1/7 36.75 miles of 225 miles