Amelia's OMAD Journal: Failure, I will succeed, support and advice needed :)

Options
15678911»

Replies

• AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sudden drop in weight I'm wondering if there is a connection:

Hi all.
    I gotta tell ya, I have NOT been eating faithfully on OMAD the last few weeks, as well as eating a lot of carbs (christmas food, long Italian lunches etc, plus the reasons I mentioned above).
    But I got on the scale friday, and noticed a sudden drop in weight. I am officially 56.5 kilos.
    I feel a buttload smaller as well. I though I'd hold off a few days on this discovery to see if it sticks.
    I noticed this kicked in about the same time my vitamin d and Iron kicked in, mentally.
    There are a few studies about on the effect of low Vitamin d and obesity as well as trouble losing weight.
    All I'm saying is this is the only connection I have made so far.

To suddenly be 1.5 kilos off my goal weight is absolutely stunning to me, especially as usually I have to work so hard and struggle and seriously restrict to even lose a millionth of a kilo.

I'm sticking with this, I'll post more results later in the week.

If anyone is interested, I take an Iron tablet (400 whatevers) a day (don't know if it's related), and 5000 Vitamin D3 per day.
    Also, my persistent acne has completely disappeared. This is the first time I've had clear skin in my adult life.
    Make of that what you will. I'm hailing Vitamin D, we'll see if this is a permanent change.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    p.s. I estimate it took 2-2.5 weeks for all the effects of vitamin to be noticeable, so if anyone is trying it, be patient.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I'll try the vitamin D also. Thanks for the video. Congrats losing weight and finding a solution. Are you getting constipated from iron supplement?
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Yep! That 56.5 kilos includes the weight from constipation :)
    veggies veggies veggies dudes
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    AmeliaOMAD wrote: »
    Yep! That 56.5 kilos includes the weight from constipation :)
    veggies veggies veggies dudes

Wow! I'm happy for you. Well not for the constipation but for finding out about the vitamin D and losing weight part.
    :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sudden drop in weight I'm wondering if there is a connection:

Hi all.
    I gotta tell ya, I have NOT been eating faithfully on OMAD the last few weeks, as well as eating a lot of carbs (christmas food, long Italian lunches etc, plus the reasons I mentioned above).
    But I got on the scale friday, and noticed a sudden drop in weight. I am officially 56.5 kilos.
    I feel a buttload smaller as well. I though I'd hold off a few days on this discovery to see if it sticks.
    I noticed this kicked in about the same time my vitamin d and Iron kicked in, mentally.
    There are a few studies about on the effect of low Vitamin d and obesity as well as trouble losing weight.
    All I'm saying is this is the only connection I have made so far.

To suddenly be 1.5 kilos off my goal weight is absolutely stunning to me, especially as usually I have to work so hard and struggle and seriously restrict to even lose a millionth of a kilo.

I'm sticking with this, I'll post more results later in the week.

If anyone is interested, I take an Iron tablet (400 whatevers) a day (don't know if it's related), and 5000 Vitamin D3 per day.
    Also, my persistent acne has completely disappeared. This is the first time I've had clear skin in my adult life.
    Make of that what you will. I'm hailing Vitamin D, we'll see if this is a permanent change.

Congratulations!!! so happy for you! :)
    I'm on a smaller dose of vitamin D (1000), might increase this soon.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Hi MadGirl, Thanks! Yes from all the stuff I've seen, it's better to really high dose Vitamin D3 (500-10000 per day, spending how low you are) for the first little while, then bring it back down to maintenance levels.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I started taking SAM-e (OTC Walmart) as well as Vitamin C, B-Complex, and multivitamin. I've been feeling better. So I do believe we can get depleted. I've also added selenium which is supposedly good also.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    p.s. I estimate it took 2-2.5 weeks for all the effects of vitamin to be noticeable, so if anyone is trying it, be patient.

Thanks for the Vitamin info and congrats on the weight loss and clear skin!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

I've added vitamin D3 as well. Thanks for the link!