One Day at a Time, One Meal a Day (ODAT-OMAD)

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You know, with OMAD I can envision me getting to my goal eventually and then having vacations and such and then being able to splurge a little and enjoy stuff and then getting right back on it and not much damage will be done. I think when we have unique opportunities like holidays, vacations etc, it is nice to be able to splurge some. That is how I envision the future! Lets all get to our goals this year!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. With my past experience of OMAD I am feeling quietly confident that I can come back to my weight target pretty soon without too many dramas. That's a great feeling. There will always be legitimate reasons for "dietary excursions" occasionally but it also feels great to come back to my regular eating regime. Feels like "home" to me now.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Abm4n.....you are doing great. How is it at work? Are the foodies gone?
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Thanks Linda! I am back at work next Monday. The foodies have gone and no doubt many other people will be trying to shed a few pounds after the Christmas break. Yoga tonight yay!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    At least this time you will get more support at work.
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Here is where I am now:

Lost a kilo (2lbs) this week.

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 183 lbs
    Target Weight 175 lbs

Seems like an awful lot of fuss and bother just to lose 1 kilo but if I can lose 1 kilo per week I will soon get to where I want to be. I have halted and reversed the steady weight increases I experienced over the past four or five months.

Some small gains: (1) my blood sugar readings have come down and they seem to be tracking where it should be according to my blood sugar app. (2) I seem to have great flexibility in choosing which meals to miss; (3) I don't seem to feel hungry regardless of meal times.

Thanks to everyone on in the MFP OMAD community for your encouragement.

• Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    A 1 kilo loss is huge though! I thought any faster loss is considered unsafe anyway so I think your results are right on point. Being comfortable and not feeling hungry is surely also a huge win, it means this is a lifestyle you can maintain! More losses will then just automatically follow :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Congrats! That is a great week.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Here is where I am now:

Lost a kilo (2lbs) this week.

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 183 lbs
    Target Weight 175 lbs

Seems like an awful lot of fuss and bother just to lose 1 kilo but if I can lose 1 kilo per week I will soon get to where I want to be. I have halted and reversed the steady weight increases I experienced over the past four or five months.

Some small gains: (1) my blood sugar readings have come down and they seem to be tracking where it should be according to my blood sugar app. (2) I seem to have great flexibility in choosing which meals to miss; (3) I don't seem to feel hungry regardless of meal times.

Thanks to everyone on in the MFP OMAD community for your encouragement.

Huge accomplishment to halt and reverse weight gain! 2 pounds is awesome!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Wonderful progress!!!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    This week

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 183.6 lbs (+0.6lbs)
    Target Weight 175 lbs

Waist - lost 0.5"

So I went OMAD for five days this week but still managed to put on 0.6 lbs. But I lost some fat off my waist! So overall I am feeling OK about this. The challenge for me is not to overeat when I have my dinner! I am tempted to eat two or three desserts every day after my main meal and have been succumbing to temptation.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    You are still down in weight! --all about averages
  • blambo61
    Options
    Your still doing really good!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Beef patties with homemade mayo and spicy sauce on lettuce wraps. 87h5n3aeriaa.jpg
  • blambo61
    Options
    Beef patties with homemade mayo and spicy sauce on lettuce wraps. 87h5n3aeriaa.jpg

Looks great!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Another good week. I went one meal a day for five days and ate two meals for two days. Overall it was a good week. I lost one pound or half a kilo even though I missed three exercise sessions. Feeling slim and trim.

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 182.5 lbs (lost 1 lb)
    Target Weight 175 lbs
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not far to go now, you're doing great! thumbsup.png
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    You are doing so well and your meal looks good!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good job! I can't weight to be that close to my end goal. 190 is my minimum (about 16 lbs from now) and I would like to get to 180.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Another good week. I went one meal a day for five days and ate two meals for two days. Overall it was a good week. I lost one pound or half a kilo even though I missed three exercise sessions. Feeling slim and trim.

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 182.5 lbs (lost 1 lb)
    Target Weight 175 lbs

You're getting so much closer!!! :)

So happy for you!