OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies.

Diane! So glad you came back to us my dear. As you saw from my Facebook post, I am working on re-losing weight myself. We all really want to plan an OMG meet- up later this year. So sorry about your daughter and your delayed trip. I've had some severe family stress myself. Thank you for returning to us. We are stating our personal weekly mini goals each week, then how we did.

Suzi- Darn, I was looking so forward to seeing you again lady. I guess I am just going to have to come your way!!

Patti- I am sure you are a joy for any customer to have. I ordered and received, my tabletop OTT lamp off of Amazon. I also received my 50% coupons for Joann's. I am behind on my sewing still!

Bert- seems we both have postoperative husbands at home. Glad Mike is listening and not overdoing it. I have to stay on top of Glenn for that too.

After I picked Izzy up we came back to the house and picked Glenn up and went out for a nice lunch. He was going stir crazy after eight days house bound. We have been very warm at 78 degree and bright and sunny. We walked in the sand on the bay after we ate. It was nice.

My youngest brother was in an automobile accident last evening on Sand Mountain. He lost control and rolled his truck several times. He is okay but very sore.

TT; I will increase my exercise this week and continue my tracking and water.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Diane, great to see you! Karla, BRAVA! Patti, can't wait to see you with longer hair - bet it'll be cute. Suzi, hope Ellis hasn't repeated his welcome-home couch baptism. Bert, glad Mike's doing well. Bone-on-bone is painful - hope this helps forestall replacement. Cindy, how are things in Loudon?

Very busy here with errands and prep. Symphony tonight though (Debussy, Mozart, Brahms) and I sat next to the guest conductor's date, who'd never been to a symphony concert before. Very sweet, ex-wife of an NBA assistant coach. She kept asking quuestions and I tried to explain the orchestra and concert as if they were basketball.

Hope everyone continues to have a great weekend.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Wow, how did it get to be Sunday already. I have been totally addlepated on my days this week for some reason. Looks like we all escaped the freezing rain that was predicted. I think everyone stayed home until 1pm, when the freeze warning was supposed to end, then they all came to Jo Ann's. We had 4 people cutting and there was still at least 8 people waiting. It was crazy. I usually don't get irritated with my customers but yesterday I had a "moment", in my head only but I still had it. 2 young ladies, early 20's came up and wanted me to unroll and measure 2 nearly full bolts of fleece to see how much there was and how many blankets they could get out of them. There was almost 20 yards of it. Then they said "could you just leave that there for a minute while we go look for another pattern?" So I moved it to the end of the counter so I could cut for someone else. Then they came up and interrupted me with a customer and asked "could you just leave that fabric there while we go to another store to check their patterns, and then maybe we will back" I just smiled and said "I will see what I can do". They left and I rolled it back up and put it back on display. I don't mind being helpful, but I thought they were rude and disrespectful. Of course they never returned, lol. So back for more of the same today.

Janet, how very fortunate that they lady was sitting next to you and that you were able to explain things in her language. You are such a gem.

Diane, welcome home! You have been missed here. Glad you are taking this time for YOU! I saw about your daughter on FB. So scary but so thankful she wasn't hurt worse. She is so lucky to have you to help during this time, even though it delays the start of your trip. I hope it doesn't send her into a tailspin with her depression. I know you worry about her. How are things with your son. Is his house totally renovated by now? Any thoughts of them making you grandparents on the horizon? We are all committed to working on ourselves and the more support the more successful we will all be. So glad you have returned.

Bert, so glad to hear that Mike did so well with his surgery. Nice to have it done before his retirement starts. I know you won't keep him down long but that is a good thing after knee surgery. Some people go the opposite way and take forever to recover because they don't move. As long as the dr says it's ok let him move.

Karla, I forgot about Monday being a holiday so your card may be a day late, but it is beautiful so it will be worth the wait, lol.

Patti
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hello all. It will take me a while to get back in the swing of things. I think I tracked everything yesterday, and ended up only slightly in the hole. No gym today so I'll have to watch my intake more closely. We are going out to lunch with friends - hoping that will improve Carrie's spirits. I think she is afraid for tomorrow (surgery). Yesterday was a pretty low day.

Thanks for all the welcomes back. I have missed you all - just was SOOO busy that I didn't have time or energy for keeping up.

Janet, so nice of you to explain things to your seatmate. I'm surprised that the date of the guest conductor had never been to a concert! I went back to see if I could learn about your upcoming surgery - seems like it is in the same general area (ankle/foot) that Carrie's will be in. What kind of recovery timeline have they given you?

Karla, it seems like Glenn has really been through the mill. Is he retired yet?

Patti, I'm not sure I could work with the public like you are doing. I would enjoy the customers who want to talk about their projects, but the two you described yesterday would send me off. I'm going to have to find something to keep me busy after we finish our travels, but I think it will be volunteer work where I don't have to be nice to customers like that!

Suzi, your little Ellis is a ball of fire!

Bert, surgery seems to be going around. My sister needs knee surgery - I think she'll be doing that in the next few months.

Cindy, it seems from my reading up of just the last week or so that you are going through some tough times in your marriage. My heart goes out to you. I know there is nothing anyone else can do for you, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hello All-
    It's a quiet Sunday- Rick is working again so I've been doing some researching on doing a "pitch"
    In a few weeks there is a conference and an editor for a small press is accepting pitches- so I'm going to try- tough stuff but so necessary to continue on the author path.
    Diane- welcome back- you've been missed. What did you get for a coach?
    Thank you on the prayers- I've given everything up to God for guidance. It's all I can do. so thank you again
    Karla - say pics of Glenn and Izzy at Lowes good to see him out and about.
    janet- glad you squeezed in the concert before you're home bound for a while. Wednesday you'll be on the road to recovery.
    Suzi- we too need rain- so hopefully it will happen
    Patti- you do need to post a new pic with the longer hairdo-
    I got my shortened while I'm trying to grown out a shorter layer which is giving me fits.
    Also I'll need a new outfit for the Pitch- need to dress as business professional to make a great first impression. Just wish my clothes fit- but ti'm not going to stress over it- that's for sure. I'll find something that looks good and I feel comfortable- its all about 10 minutes long.
    Need to get my blog done and then go read a book that was recommends about creating my author brand- it's all about marketing- good thing I have some expertise - lol
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies. On plan for another good day. I must be doing well on my eating. Friday when I was at the Massage Envy my stomach was growling and this morning when I was having my morning water and tea, it was growling again. I had a later brunch with Jason on Friday at Ihop and the Facial was at 3p, so wasn't hungry inbetween.. Yesterday I we had a late lunch also, so I didn't have dinner, hence, a growling stomach this morning. LOL.

Diane - Prayers for you daughter's surgery for tomorrow. Did John retire also? I know you will be shocked how very busy you will be. No, Glenn is not retired, but he has his sights for this April, just three months away. That will make 40 years with Ingall's Shipbuilding. We have met with the financial advisors several times and have everything in place. It all looks very good. Our only BIG decision is the health insurance decision. Unfortunately his company does not offer an inexpensive option like he government does.

Cindy - I am so very proud of how you continue to research and promote yourself. I know you will become a very famous author one day. No doubt. I am intrigued with this next book and cannot wait for this storyline.

Janet - As organized as you are, I'm sure you will have everything lined up and prepared for you down time. I will be praying for a successful reconstructive repair of your ankle that will put you in a better sense of mobility resulting in less back and ankle pain.

Patti- Some people have all the nerve when it comes to retail shopping! Is Edd still doing his mystery shopping job also? You two are really doing a swell job of supplementing your retirement. It is what many folks have had to do. I must say, both of you have found positions that are enjoyable to you both.

Izzy and I have had a fun two days. I am going over and help her mother redecorate her room. We are transitioning it to a young ladies room. Finally!

Day 9 on program and feeling GOOD.

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    Options
    Diane, sending good wishes to Carrie. So glad te accident wasn't even worse but glad she has you and John to care for her. Wishing her a speedy recovery to the point where her folks can steal away for a bit. I will not be able to bear any weight on left foot for at least three months, with full healing time of 12-18 months. (Am having my entire foot re-aimed by about 35-40 degrees and a detached, roaming heel bone reoriented, calf muscle lengthened and a bone graft form tibia to foot. There's not much they can do with my mess of an ankle so will have to live perpetually with a lift on left shoe.)

Karla, the video of Izzy on the swing is priceless. She's really had a growth spurt too - redecorating will be fun for you and I'm sure Angelique will learn a lot from your decorating expertise and creative eye.

Patti, you handled those two little cows deftly.

Cindy, I bet you'll dazzle them with your pitch - you have the experience to craft a memorable, resonant one. Keeping everything crossed!

SO much to do here - must move lots of bedroom clutter (long story) to make sure I can navigate with the scooter. And my closet is narrow and requires a turn so will keep baskets of basics in the bedroom/bath. What gets done, gets done. And promise myself renewed dedication to minimalist eating for the duration! Hugs to everyone!!!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! It's finally raining here - we really need it as we're headed into fire weather season here in OK. In fact, we've already had a couple of red flag days. I've kept myself pretty busy today with laundry, ironing and packing for the upcoming work trip to NW AR. I'll be gone Monday - Thursday, so that's a longer trip than I've done for a while. For work anyway...

I have my walking shoes and workout clothes packed. The weather is going to be good, so I may even get in some outdoor walking with my buddies. I need to get my exercise up - I've become quite a slug over the past week or so it feels like and it's time for that to stop! I'm on a two-day tracking streak, so giving myself a pat on the back for that! Since I'll have a couple hotel nights in my own before my buddies arrive, I'm taking some of my WW materials, my Beck book and cards I've used in the past and my old journal. I want to spend some time studying, thinking and examining my reasons and motivation for getting healthy.
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Suzi, what a solid plan you have for this trip! Hoope you get outdoor walking weather. We've had rain on and off for eight days now (but we need it). Dave and the pups will miss you.

My tomorrow is overfilled so pardon me if I'm away for a few days - leaving Tuesday for the hospital very early and we'll see what shape I'm in when I get home. Apologies in advance for typos or terrible writing - I suspect I'll be on some pretty heavy meds for at least a week. Hey, maybe I can catch up on my sleep!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Late and quick check in, it was rude day at Jo Ann's today and will leave it at that.

Suzi, great plan for your travel week.

Janet, looking forward to you chemically enhanced posts, always fun. Extra prayers for your surgeon's hands.

Until tomorrow
    Patti
  • smack59
    Options
    Janet - here's hoping you get good sleep as well as good results! NOw I just need to execute my plan.

Funny story about Dave and the dogs. I worked at the office all day Thursday and it wasn't good outside weather, so the 3 boys were in the house together pretty much all day. When I walked in the back door after work, Dave was in the recliner with both dogs asleep on top of him. He said, "Get changed and come grab a dog. I'm overwhelmed. They've both been laying in my lap all day!" I'm curious how they'll do with me gone for 4 days...
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies.....it's unseasonably warm this morning. I'm so thankful we didn't get the freezing rain this weekend as predicted. Mike is doing very well. He as an appointment this morning for a check-up. He's wanting to get cleared to return to work, but I'm hoping the doctor will say no. I think he needs a few more days. He hasn't walked without crutches yet. We shall see.

I'm going to be very busy this semester. I have three students who are in a 7 week course, and they have much to do. Due to the fact that the college is transitioning to a new online grading system, we shall see.

Have a great day, everyone! I'm bound and determined to get my water in today!

Bert

• KarlaLM58
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good morning ladies. It was a nice weekend with family. The weather down here has been very warm. We may hit 80 today. Izzy spent the night again last night. Glenn is doing well but the numbness and the sore right leg is really bothering both of us. HIs physician is off this week so we cannot have this seen about until next week.

Bert - I agree, Mike does not need to rush back to work. Why are men like that? Good for you on your determination for your water. It is so important. I have been doing so much better on mine. I keep it right by my side all the time now.

Patti - So sorry about the RUDE day at work yesterday. I am sure your poor feet are killing you. What is your work schedule for this week?

Janet - I concur with everyone about your surgeon's skillful hands. It seems like since you have been retired you have been under one surgery after the other. You are such a beautiful person, my love and admiration for you is abundant. I just heard that your favorite Hamilton play is coming to the Saenger theater in New Orleans in 2018. We need to plan a trip together for that one girlfriend!!

Suzi - You sound like you have an excellent plan of action and reading for your work week. Like you said, now to execute it!! Mind over matter! You can and will do it I am sure. I have confidence in you. Your dogs and Dave are so funny. Whomever is home, gets them. LOL.

I need to get this day rolling!!

TT: What will you do today to keep your journey rolling? Are you controlling what you are putting on your plate today?

Karla
  • EniadS
    Options
    Hello all. Going to be a long day here. We need to arrive for surgery at 1:15 pm today so I'm guessing they will start the four hour surgery between 2 and 3. Then I am staying overnight at the hospital. We will be there for 23 hours unless there are complications. I did go to the gym and get a workout in this morning.

Janet I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. How will you manage at home alone? It sounds like a VERY extensive surgery.

Suzi too funny about the dogs! When I travel I usually manage to get a workout in. It's the eating that does me in! Marriott chains are starting to plot outdoor walking/running routes from their locations. I think Hilton properties are doing the same thing.

Karla does Glenn's doctor have a partner or someone who fills in when he is gone? I'd be worried about waiting a whole week if there is numbness.

Bert it sounds like you love working with these students. It shows in how concerned you are about this new grading system that you want to make sure they get the credit they deserve.

Patti I've seen some pretty nasty people out there. Sorry you are having to deal with this. I think these big sale days bring nastiness out in the open.
  • EniadS
    Options
    TT: I'm going to take a water bottle with me to the hospital. I have fallen off on drinking just plain water. I'm probably not going to eat vey well for the next two days so water will have to be my filler.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm also having trouble getting back into the swing of things. Many prayers to keep in mind for daughters and surgeries (& a long recovery time, yikes), and potential moving....

I have missed being a part of the group and hope to get reorganized enough to return. In the meantime, I've gained some weight and lost some health, but I'm sure i can turn my ship around. :smile: ~myra

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    TT: today, i will track every bite.
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies-
    Welcome to Monday and the third week of the new year- wow time sure is flying as usual.
    Janet- in case you swing through- lots of love is headed your way- you're going to do great. Will you text one of us to let us know you're doing OK?
    Diane- Cari's lucky to you have you at the hospital with her- drink plenty of water and have some good reading material. How long will she be off her feet at home?
    Patti- Rude people SUCK- but smile and hopefully you'll rub off on them. :) As I like to remind my daughters, kill them with kindness.
    Karla- how did the redecorating turn out- Izzy is getting very big and oh so fast.
    Bert- Do you have an insulated bottle- I have a new "old" thermos style that I'm using and the water just tastes SO much better. Keeps it cool and refreshing.
    The surprise Mom trip is on the horizon- just 4 more days and we'll be arriving in Charlotte- she is substitute teaching on Friday so our plan is to get at her house around 4- with cake in hand. I think I should grab a box of tissues too- I'm sure she'll cry she has NO idea.
    I chose my outfit for the Pitch on the 4th- and starting to write out what I want to say. I have 10 minutes total to introduce the book, marketing plan, social media platform, me and the series. I asked another writer from my group and she said the most important things is to remember the editor is a person and just be myself. But I'm super excited too.
    I'm slowly shedding the ounces which is good and the overnight regain is gone just as quickly as it popped up.
    Feeling good and focused.
    Talk to you all soon
    Cindy
  • smack59
    Options
    Mornin' y'all! I'm home from yoga at the Y this morning and fixin' to hop in the shower before I head east. Before I forget to answer...

TT: planning to stop in Tulsa for lunch (maybe with a co-worker buddy if she's available and I'm taking plenty of healthy snacks if I think I need something to munch on. It's another dreary, drizzly day which can sometimes make it a challenge to stay awake. That's why I tend to graze when I'm driving distances alone.

More later,
    Suzi
  • luzingg
    Options
    How very nice to see so much chatter here.

Karla, do not wait a week on the numbness and pain if it persists. Go to urgent care if there is no partner to see him in the office. I would at least call the office and speak with a nurse about his symptoms. Have fun decorating Izzy's room.

Diane, take some healthy snacks to the hospital with you, along with plenty of water. Avoid the vending area at all costs. You don't have to eat junk if you are prepared. Good for you getting to the gym. You have a long haul ahead of you so I pray you keep finding time for taking care of you. Good luck and many prayers to guide the surgeon's hands today.

Suzi, you are determined and focused, go you! Love the Dave and dogs story.

Cindy, you love your stories, go with that and you will be pitch perfect. It has been so interesting watching you grow as an artist and learning things about the process I never had a clue about before.

Myra, we are here for you and will support you in any way we can. We have missed you and hope you return regularly. You are worth it.

Janet, I know you are working yourself into a frenzy getting prepared. It is what makes you so successful and recover so well.

Working 5-10pm today 12-5 Wed and then off until Saturday. Heading to the grocery soon. Made some awesome chicken wings in the pressure cooker, then tossed in wing sauce and crisped up in the oven. That and tater rounds was dinner. I did do a scale hop cuz I was feeling a bit lighter and was pleasantly rewarded. Now just hope it stays that way until Wednesday.

TT: just gonna keep doing what I have been doing. Tracking, drinking my water and getting my activity in. It is a plan that worked well in the past and seems to be working now.

Patti