• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    sm3zprbhb8x0.jpeg
    Awesome!!!
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Karla, all your planning paid off royally. What fun!

Cindy, your camp looks so cozy -- no wonder you love it -- and to have shade, even in New England, is a beautiful thing.

Heat index here is 113 -- ran a few errands early and put the trash out by noon, before it got totally insane out there. Will add the last bag after dark. Had a shower and a brief nap, hoping to rev up to accomplish something today!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful time.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Home from a wonderful weekend shared with friends and much time spent in the water, only way to tolerate the heat and humidity. Having the extra day was nice. We are talking about going for another week very soon. Made some awesome grilled chicken breasts and tasty garlic green beans. I used my new grill cookbook's advice to brine the chicken. It was so tender and tasty but a bit too salty. I will try again with less salt and for a shorter time. Next to try will be brined and grilled bone in chops. I have read the entire book, excluding specific recipes and have learned so much, and I thought I already knew how to grill. Never too old to learn. Tomorrow we are going to KY to catch up with our friend who is just back from a several month camping trip to Alaska. Wednesday I will be having lunch with my GFs and another nurse we used to work with, haven't seen her in over a year.

I have read the posts and enjoyed Karlas pics of her reunion, both here and on FB. We are dog sitting for my son, but these little doggies are no trouble. Exhausted, see you tomorrow before we leave for KY
    Patti
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hoping everyone is happy and healthy. We are leaving shortly to go see our friend. She amazes me with how adventurous she is, her husband passing last year has not slowed her down a bit. They were always on the move and traveling the globe. She will be going to CO the first of August to spend time with her daughter and her family. We may get a short watercolor session in today. We are staying for dinner, so not sure when we wil be back. Edd's brother and his family live in the same town as our friend, so there may be other stops while we are there.

Wishing you a cool day wherever you may be.

Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, my friends!
    So pleased to catch up with you all and read about the many busy happenings in your lives!
    This is such a source of joy and encouragement and just the thing I need to start the day and the week. Thank you all for being here!

Yesterday, I craved - and caved into - baked goods in any form... YIKES! I don't think my carbs numbers have ever been SO high since I started with MFP. Oh well, today is a new day and I've already finished gardening outside and getting the plants hydrated before the sun does it's daily drying routing up here. While moving sprinklers and reaching and bending about, I managed to rip my favorite jeans right along the left cheek... Hahahaha! Oh well, they had been mended a few times and although I enjoyed fitting back into them, it's sure a good reminder to back away from the baked goods! :smiley:

Karla, you look absolutely radiant and full of life! So glad you are able to take the time to get away with your reunion and that it is all going so very well. The compliments are well earned and it is always wonderful to hear that you are receiving the kind of accolades that you truly deserve, girl!

Cindy, your "servant heart" is showing again in how readily you give of yourself to those around you. What a wonderful example you continue to be to me and I'm sure to others who know and love you. When you take some personal moments to just sit and BE mindful of all you are grateful for, it sure refuels the soul and I pray that you are continuing to do just that, my friend. I do worry for you at times, but know that the Good Lord has you in his hands, too.

Janet, as you find ways to keep busy and cool during these simmering summer days it is always refreshing to read about how many lives you continue to touch with your kindness, including mine!
    As you find yourself with the health and energy to keep active, your gratitude is showing as you notice the beauty of a Monet and the calmness that arises out of music and nature. May your Monday bring you unexpected joy as you smile your way through another week ahead.

Bert, your faith and commitment to family - including your spiritual family at church - encourages me to learn from your example. When you are discovering depths of strength through this journey and are able to talk about it with us here, we all are with you and I wish I could give you a big hug. Enjoy some time outside if possible, as I think we share that need to refuel through God's creation.

Patti, your beautiful smile always comes through in your comments and as you treasure times at the cabin and in the water with your family and friends. The new recipe ideas sound wonderful and it is always such fun to experiment with new ideas and methods to prepare interesting meals at home. We both love to cook - and bake - with summer being full of grilling meats and filling up on fruit. Your active life and the adventures ahead in KY and elsewhere sound like just the ticket for you, travel safely and keep that water bottle handy in this heat!

Myra, it is always great to see your smiley faces on the comment pages. I'm sure you continue to have your hands full with activities for the family and it is my prayer that you also find personal time for reflection and a nice long walk. You can do this. I'm rooting for you here, too along with all these other special ladies. You remind me to embrace the moments ahead with hopeful optimism as this day unfolds before you.

Hugs to all,
    MaryLynn
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    gbiydq1265cf.jpeg
    Patti- I thought you would like this one since it has the pelican.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    There it is!!!

Great day on the beach. Did my auditing performed before I left for the beach and pool. What a beautiful view. My friend Sharon has her three granddaughters here and her and I are having cocktails by the pool now.

Life is good.

Back to reality as we head home tomorrow.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    u4j14ec085eg.jpeg
    The granddaughters.. Wish Izzy was here..
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Karla, I can almost hear the waves!

MaryLynn, that carb curse strikes us all. You're normal and are doing wonderfully!

Bert, glad the show is going well. Such a fun score.

Patti, water was the only place to be if you were outdoors this weekend!

Have done small things today and errands -- bought a folding table to put in my garage for things I have to move before the cabinets get built -- my cleaner is going to help me with that tomorrow. Hate having to do it in this heat, but no way around it. She and I have a good time anyway and we'll take frequent AC/beverage breaks.

Time to preheat oven for stuffed mushrooms. Cats have come out after our second thunderstorm today -- wish it had dropped temp or humidity, but no dice. PLEASE, fall and winter -- come SOON!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Mary Lynn, reading your posts always puts me in the best place. You string words together with such beauty and kindness. I wish I had that gift. I am more along the lines of a comedy writer, lol.

Karla, this trip seems to have refreshed your soul. Thanks for sharing your pics so we can all be jealous!

Janet, I know I can trust you to take lots of breaks in this heat. Wishing you a productive day with your friendly helper.

Bert, hope you are basking in the applause from a show well done. Praying the news from your brother improves.

Waving hi to Cindy, Suzi and Myra

Enjoyed hearing about my friend's adventure to Alaska. We did do a painting but I don't like how mine turned out. A bit juvenile looking. Needs some work to make it look more finished. It has good bones so should be able come up with something to improve it. If not every piece of paper has two sides. So you just turn it over and paint on the other side. Edd did a few handyman projects for her and then we had a nice dinner. She will be in CO for just 5 days and plans to stay home until Oct when she returns to FL. We told her we would be coming to visit again and her whole face lit up.

See you in the morning
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    I fell asleep early and here I wide awake since 2:30a. It has been a lot of fun over here. I'm glad I have been able to share this gorgeous resort with my girlfriend and her three granddaughters. As Patti said, the beaches are something to babe jealous of here. The emerald coast.

Janet- A home is a representative of ourselves and you have pored yourself into yours with highly professional people to assist to make it gorgeous. I cannot wait for the day to visit you and see for myself. It is going to happen..

Patti- I am awful at painting. I did not get that gene. My older brother and niece are fabulous, but I can't draw a straight line with a ruler!! Lol. I'm glad your friend is doing well, I know she is probably grieving inside, but spending time with family and friends sure helps.

Cindy- is your mother still visiting?

Bert- I sure enjoy your pictures on Facebook. You seem to have a very rounded life. I did over 12k steps on Sunday, but only 7k yesterday.

Mary Lynn- I concur with Patti on your affluent words. Yes, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself with my reunion and my beach.

I'm going to call Glenn on his ride to work now and then go back to sleep awhile.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    hvpdfs0vsmok.jpeg
    Hate to have to say goodbye this morning..
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    Sorry - things have been busy as usual and you've seen my activity on FB with the blog post, doing another proof read of the e-books and paperback- we're closing in on a publication date- stay tuned.
    Mom is still here until August 7th- we had a family barbeque at my brothers on Sunday that went much later than planned so not much done in the evening.
    Karla- love the pictures of the coast so glad you had fun.
    Patti- your mental imagery had me sitting right beside you in pj's
    Janet- you're so busy all the time- fall and winter will be here soon enough dear friend. What are the travel plans for your next adventure.
    Bert- sounds like things are better in your world and the musical was a success.
    MaryLynn- as Popeye said- I yam what I yam. :) I have many angels that keep me in line and well protected
    To all who may be reading and not posting- we miss you.
    BTW- had a great food day yesterday and I am determined to do the same today. I had to break down and purchase a new pair of black pants in a size up for work- I'm really angry at myself but self talk every day will keep me focused on doing this for me. I have to stop letting stress rule my appetite. Which has been my sitution far too long and I'm afraid to step on the scale - the mirror is bad enough. LOL
    Anyway I'll be back- hugs to all
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. We are getting much needed rain this morning. It's also supposed to lower the humidity which I'm so looking forward to. Tickets are going great for Hairspray. We sold 324 tickets this past weekend, This weekend is our last 3 performances.

Here's an update on my brother. I found out on Friday that he was in the hospital but didn't know where. I spent Friday afternoon trying to find him and his doctor's name. I finally was successful and got to speak to the hospital. He was admitted because his bloodwork was too low to be able to be given the 3rd chemo. His oncologist reported that the numbers on his first two chemos have gone down by 21%. The doctor told me that it shows that the lesions are responding to the chemo. Today he is to have chemo and radiation. They also want to move him to a rehab facility for physical therapy to gain his strength as he is very very weak. I talked to him on Sunday and reminded him that I'm going to visit him on Aug 4.

I just got a call from him. The chemo results are down by 50%! However, he's still in excruciating pain and is having trouble with the physical therapy. Hopefully, they can get that figured out.

Mary Lynn: Thank you for your comment. Family, my church family, and friends is what keeps me going. Sharing my faith is important. God gives me the courage to endure.

Karla: Your pictures are gorgeous! I'm glad you had a great time.

It's time to get moving. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert

• luzingg
    Options
    Good afternoon dear friends,

Karla, I know you are sad to leave but I also know you are anxious to get back to your home and family,

Cindy, no matter what be kind to,yourself. I have over up,a size and am not happy about it, but am also unwilling to be uncomfortable in my clothes. The weight will come off once we focus on ourselves on our eating more than we focus on the reasons we overeat!

Bert, so sorry to hear about your brother, hopefully he is now on the upswing. I know the goal for chemo is to wipe you out then let the healthy cells start building you back up. Praying they find a way to relieve his pain.

Mom and I watched The Hundred Foot Walk with Helen Mirren. I highly recommend this movie if you haven't seen it yet. Such a beautiful story and so well acted. Now getting ready for TRX then will make some tortilla pizzas for dinner. Had a wonderful smoothie with vanilla Light and Fit Greek yogurt and some of my frozen Georgia peaches. So yummy!

Patti
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    waiving hello and goodnight to you all. I have read all the posts, but i'm too tired for personals. my oldest turned 23 yesterday, and we ate dinner out, just the two of us. I'm so very glad she tells me things about her life....... but sometimes the processing of the TMI takes me a while, haha.
    it was a rough weekend, as we had to say goodbye to our 14.5 year old lab named Hope. such is life, and i'll process on that too. the passing of time helps. it always does.

tomorrow is a new day. AND... the first day back to SCHOOL! :smiley:

myra
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I finally have a day to myself! I'm going to the gym and then do a little shopping. I'm also getting some pool time at some point.

Myra: So sorry to hear about Hope. We had to put our Brutus down 4 1/2 years ago. He was 15 and was the older pug. I still miss him terribly as much as our first dog, Scamp. He was 16 when we had to put him down. Hugs to you as you go through this difficult time.

Patti is the movie on Netfllix?

Have a great day everyone.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Getting ready to have lunch with the girls, then Costco run followed by grocery shopping. My GF with the cancer is hysterically funny and her husband is very droll. He calls our lunch dates and other get togethers "pity" invites. She tells him he is just jealous because he has no friends! Humor and love are getting her through this challenge. Looking forward to seeing a couple of friends I haven't seen in a while. Just love my community of girlfriends, don't know what I would do or where I would be without them. And I consider you all a part of my circle.

Myra, so very sorry about Hope. There is truly no pain like that. I had to put my Great Dane, Sheba down 7 years ago and I still miss her terribly. You are so blessed to have your 23 year old giving you TMI. Sending you healing hugs and Frankie sends her own special kisses.

Bert, enjoy your day. You have certainly worked hard enough for it. The movie is not on Netflix, but may be On Demand. The correct title is The Hundred-foot Journey.

Janet, hope your organizer didn't wear you completely out. I am sure you got lots done.

Karla, bet it was good to be home with your sweet Glenn. Traveling and partying is fun but home is still always best.

Until we chat again,
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Stop and go from Mass-
    I'll be back off to two back to back meetings.
    Cindy