Joe's Official Weight Maintenance Thread (2017)

arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
edited December 2017 in Social Groups
And we start the new year off at (go here for the old thread)...

January: 190.0 lbs
February: 203.4 lbs (the bulk begins!)
March: 207.0 lbs (the bulk continues!)
April: 207.2 lbs (the bulk continues!)
May: 203.0 lbs
June: 194.8 lbs
July: 193.0 lbs
August: 193.6
September: 189.2
October: 187.8
November: 185.4
December: 189.8

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    190 at your height sounds about right to me. Congrats! How long have you maintained now?
  • blambo61
    That is awesome! 2.5 years. That's no yo-yo.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    You are thin but you look great. Do you still get amazed when you do things that reminds you of the weight you've lost such as buying 'thin-cut clothes?
  • arguablysamson
    You are thin but you look great. Do you still get amazed when you do things that reminds you of the weight you've lost such as buying 'thin-cut clothes?

To a good degree, yes, although I have in some ways moved on.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    I'm looking forward to that day when I can do the same.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    How else did it change your life? Apart from feeling thinner I mean.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Losing weight has given me so much confidence in myself. I know I can do anything I set my mind to so I've decided to continue working into my 70's and I just began thinking about starting a home business. I notice things that would have bothered me in the past is just a passing thought now. My stress level is low and the inner peace I feel is amazing and has given me a new perspective on life. As others on OMAD have said....sleep is better, energy is high, and my attitude has changed.

Take care, my friend....I appreciate you. I watched a couple of your videos last night and I learn something each time I watch them. You are a wise man.
  • blambo61
    I have much more motivation also!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Losing weight has given me so much confidence in myself. I know I can do anything I set my mind to so I've decided to continue working into my 70's and I just began thinking about starting a home business. I notice things that would have bothered me in the past is just a passing thought now. My stress level is low and the inner peace I feel is amazing and has given me a new perspective on life. As others on OMAD have said....sleep is better, energy is high, and my attitude has changed.

Take care, my friend....I appreciate you. I watched a couple of your videos last night and I learn something each time I watch them. You are a wise man.

Thank you for the reply. This is what I am hoping to achieve. I'm hoping to get more confidence. I'm plagued with self doubt in my life and I'm working hard to get rid of it. It's my main 2017 goal. I think losing the weight would definitely help.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Wow 2.5 years in maintenance is amazing, I'm so inspired!!!
  • rayrhoads22
    rayrhoads22 Posts: 9 Member
    What's the difference between the months you lose 8-10 lbs and the months you gain weight? Is it not abiding by the one meal rule? Or eating more at that meal? Just curious. Thanks!
  • rayrhoads22
    Also this will sound weird but how are you looking physically now? More muscle? Less fat? Fitter? Etc?
  • blambo61
    I haven't lost 8-10 lbs a month in a long time (if ever). I haven't ever done the one plate rule and that is probably why. I lose better with no cheat days and low carbs.
  • rayrhoads22
    Oh, I was asking "ArguablySamson," his thread last year showed 8-9 lb loss from aug to sept I think. Then 6 lbs gain one month. I'm just interested in what's different. Thankssss!
  • arguablysamson
    Weight will fluctuate. That should never be a surprise. I can drop and lose some 15 or 20 lbs up or down in very short time, and you will be able to as well. The bear has the answers: cycling...eating more and eating less...all in good time! It's fun and it's living!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    I'm going through the gaining losing cycle right now. One day I'm up a few pounds and then lose again. Eating the same. Not stressing though because I know the weight loss will continue eventually. I've studied your posts and videos Joe and almost know them by heart. I know what to expect and have no worries.
  • arguablysamson
    Thread updated.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I love eating OMAD :)
  • arguablysamson
    edited March 2017
    Updated. Mind you all, I now right in the middle of my bulk-a-thon, which I plan to carry out for the next six months...while maintaining fairly lean body mass, of course. Separate post to follow.