Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    "Let me but do my work from day to day
    In field or forest
    At the desk or loom.
    In roaring market place or tranquil room.
    Let me but find it in my heart to say
    When vagrant wishes beckon me astray.
    This is my work. My blessing. Not my doom.
    Of all who live, I am the one
    By whom this work can best be done
    In the right way". (Henry Van *kitten*)

I think that is close to correct. I forget the 2nd verse. It maybe wasn't memory worthy. I learned it in 6th grade. Mrs Hale. She liked for us to memorize poems. I think she used it herself to keep her sanity in an un-tranquil room. Teachers can make many lives better.

LOL: I found a word MFP believes to be "inappropriate". The author is HenryVanDyke
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A coworker has been commenting on my weight loss and said she needs to do something. She hired a trainer who also provides meals. He dropped them off yesterday and I felt so bad that her lunch was going to be 1/2C brown rice, 1/2C green beans and 4oz of chicken breast and her dinner would basically be the same. And she only gets lowfat protein shakes for breakfast.

I've told her about LCHF and she thinks it sounds good and obviously works for me, but I'm so sad that this is the route she's going. She'll be so hungry! :(
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oh never mind. When my post showed up first the last part of the last name showed up as *kitten*. I guess MFP knows me well enough to know I wouldn't use that but interesting it was *kittened* initially then changed.

ETA: Weird. Back to *kitten* again.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Oh never mind. When my post showed up first the last part of the last name showed up as *kitten*. I guess MFP knows me well enough to know I wouldn't use that but interesting it was *kittened* initially then changed.

ETA: Weird. Back to *kitten* again.

There is another site I use where we have chat available among a group of people. And you can select a person's name to "tag" them (All it does is put their name at the beginning of your text). This guy's first name is Dick, and the system doesn't put spaces between First and Last names. So when I try to address this person, his entire name just starts with Dick and it puts ************ instead.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm back from a trip up north to see the family. It was cold and dreary and overall icky, but it was nice to see family and friends. I slipped up a few times (a few chocolate truffles on Sunday and my mom's homemade apricot preserves on Saturday) so I am going to be hurting with cravings for the next few weeks. Heck, I'm kind of afraid to step on the scale. Oh well, back to strict keto, calorie restriction and heavier workouts. The marathon in two weeks ain't gonna run itself...
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @Cadori I know how you feel. My coworker is also on the low fat/low cal plan right now and it makes me sad for her. She's just too scared to take the lchf leap. She's always hungry.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Retreating back to the safety that is The LCD Group *breathes*
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday everyone...
    Well, I did end up staying home yesterday. Attempted to put my feet up. My son is still sick and he apparently needed a day off too... he isn't much better from the day off but I am feeling slightly better.
  • Cadori
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    Retreating back to the safety that is The LCD Group *breathes*

~pets hair~ This is your safe place
  • Lillith32
    Options
    So I gained two pounds over my three day vacation. That's with doing huge amounts of walking and running, and having only one 'cheat meal' (couldn't resist chocolate truffles, had a few). I guess I'm going to cut down calories, 1500 calories looks like way too much even with working out. I just hate the fact that once I go lower, I'm always terribly hungry. I'm also super-frustrated with the whole process. I hate the idea that the only way to lose weight and/or maintain a healthy body is to be always starving and watching every morsel that goes into my mouth. I work out like crazy, I watch what I eat, I shouldn't have that hard of a time to stay at a weight that is still obese for my height. Ugh.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    *waves* So obviously, I'm new here. But I'm excited that my strips showed pink (light) this morning!!! I know I'm still in the romance phase of this new eating style but dang it, I'm happy. It's still a learning curve on what to eat/cook/et al but I'm not miserable. Which of course makes me think I'm doing something wrong. But you know what I mean. The scale is being a jackarse but stuff is fitting better and that's half the fight, right?

*sigh* I'm so glad I found you guys. I'm sorry for ever doubting this to begin with.
  • Cadori
    Options
    *waves* So obviously, I'm new here. But I'm excited that my strips showed pink (light) this morning!!! I know I'm still in the romance phase of this new eating style but dang it, I'm happy. It's still a learning curve on what to eat/cook/et al but I'm not miserable. Which of course makes me think I'm doing something wrong. But you know what I mean. The scale is being a jackarse but stuff is fitting better and that's half the fight, right?

*sigh* I'm so glad I found you guys. I'm sorry for ever doubting this to begin with.

Welcome! You may still doubt it. I had a freak out a month or so in that I was killing myself with all this fat :lol:
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone...
    It's been one crazy week. My son was super sick the previous night so I ended up staying home with him yesterday. Doctors said he's got a severe ear infection with a sinus infection on top. Most kids when they get sick just want to lay down or are at least calm. Not mine! Off the wall crazy! This kid is the one that got kicked out of the hospital because he wouldn't stay in his bed. Two days of craziness and I'm going to work today.... lol! He goes with me so I don't really escape, but at least he's not in my classroom!

I'm still attempting to back away from the scale. I've been sitting at a stall forever now! The same two to three lbs bouncing around. Needless to say I've got maintenance down pat! I really want to lose this last 25 but I'm also determined to not freak out! Trust me I really want to! I understand all the whys and how's. I think I've written a few variations of this topic already. So I'm just hanging in and waiting to move on from this point. It will happen eventually.
  • hoping32
    hoping32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nah, it wasn't just about food diaries! Lol. Really I am just looking for others that eat similar to me.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy rainy Friday!!

Well, it's raining where I am at least. Last night I was so tired! Bed before 8!
    Today is just a matter of making it through the day. Noting planned except stopping at the grocery store on the way home. So hopefully I can survive work and then get home to relax. And then sleep in over the weekend. That's the plan! Lol!
    Still avoiding the scale even with the temptation. I'm going to wait for the weekend. Hopefully I'll have some progress! If not I'm going to measure myself on Sunday and see what those numbers look like.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    Morning update brought to you by my warm and cozy bed... which I am refusing to get out of.
    It's the weekend! My usual time to clean and organize. I'd like to be able to go through all the clothes hanging in my closet. Purge all the outfits that I never wear. Eventually I'll get that done.

So... I'm going to do my measurements later today. This will be my big tell all to if what's going on is an actual stall or if it's just my body adjusting. I'll update after they are taken.
    The big thing I've been reading lately is that when you are insulin sensitive (hopefully not using the wrong term) it's common to hit a point like where I am at now. It's the body readjusting to working with the energy sources and healing. Meaning that I've healed myself to a good spot and it's got to readjust itself to breaking down those hard spots. It's usually recommended to start longer fasts to break through the insulin sensitivity. Meaning more IF and longer fasts. I've also read that now is the time for me to remove certain foods or additives to see if that will help the metabolism such as dairy or sweeteners.
    I'd like to not remove things especially dairy since I just cannot stomach black coffee but I love my coffee in the morning.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Great new @ProCoffeenator. During my weight loss phase I had many "stalls' but I just stuck to the program and eventually things got moving again. I think sometimes the body is working on other priorities! I'm glad you didn't get discouraged and took measurements.

4 day work week for me this week. Taking Friday off for my b-day. So of course these 4 days will be extra long I'm sure! lol
  • Lillith32
    Options
    Happy Monday! Good job, @ProCoffeenator . I passed my physical fitness test for work yesterday, and had a bit of a celebration (a glass of red wine and two tablespoons of berries with burrata cheese). Woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by a truck, with nausea to boot. Ick. My first half-marathon is less than a week away, so my body gotta get with the program here... also found out we got a new running store in our area, so I'm looking forward to paying them a visit after work this evening.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Here comes Tuesday!
    We survived the first day of the week and are back at it again.
    I'm holding strong and keeping at it! How bout you?