TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am Belle, ( BeLLe_60), I am from a small, rural town in central AZ . We live on a acre.. a block from the creek. Our neighbors are cows and horses.. it's not unusual to to see a neighbor walking their sheep down the road. My DH and I are empty nesters soon to retire with 2 children and 3 fur babies (2 are grands). This is my 2nd Amazing Race, I was in Summer Heat and was unable to finish due to time restraints. I have 20 - 30 lbs to drop ..2017 is my year to make positive changes! My workout of choice for now is walking on the treadmill most days of the week and a bit of strength training. With my main focus to be strength training eventually. My favorite form of exercise is working in my garden. As the weather warms and the rain stops. I have lots of garden work preparing my beds for spring planting. Also loads of yard work to be done this early spring. Which is absolutely the best time of year here in AZ to be out and about before the summer heat hits. Working outside will replace my cardio treadmill walks hopefully and get me out in the fresh air and sunshine. Right down the road from us is Sedona, AZ. visited by many around the country/ world. Known for its spectacular red-rock buttes. See pictures for a few of the best known red rock formations. I am looking forward to making new friends as we travel and see the world and cross the finish line together! Happy adventures!
  • azsundancer
    edited January 2017
    Options
    af8fpmgdjs85.png
    be2b3r17a4hw.png
    u357w3ggoghx.png

Snoopy rock, Bell rock and Coffee Pot!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

The spreadsheets are now working! There two links in the top right hand corner for questions. Please use them to contact @hawkins410 about the challenges, and I can be reached through the "Spreadsheet and Technical Questions Link".
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello - I am Sheryl (lennoncpa) and I live about an hour north of Detroit in a small town called Romeo - and I live in a 100 year old Victorian Home. I am 61 years old and have a 6 year old Chihuahua Frankie who was a rescue dog that I was fostering (they call me a foster failure because I fell in love with him and adopted him!). I had hip replacement surgery on both hips over the summer and I am pretty much pain free, unless I overdo it on a workout. I enjoy a variety of fitness workouts including interval training, aqua aerobics, Zumba, spin, yoga and clogging (a form of dance). In the summer I also like to ride my bike and take walks. I need to lose about 20 pounds and I find that the older I get, the harder it gets to lose weight! I love having this community for support and I am excited about this new challenge. I do income taxes for a living so I want to make sure I keep moving during tax season for my mental health as well as my physical health. I have attached a picture of my dog Frankie.

zhqz019yqs9x.jpg
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @BeLLe_60 Thank you for introducing yourself. It sounds like you live in a beautiful area. I couldn't live in AZ, it gets way too hot for me.

@lennoncpa What a cute dog. I have prepared income taxes in the past. I am so glad I am not doing it this year. I am sure it will be a little difficult to balance taxes with your menta health, but you can do it.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Our spreadsheet: I hope this is okay. Last term I keep losing the link to the spreadsheet plus now it's an easy access for everyone, :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LOWP0puLyESHvXeFQXn46IBy5xbrK0ZLoRKcdUHw4mY/edit#gid=1480039755
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    This is my first Amazing Race challenge, too. I am 55, been married for 28 years and have two college students (so no money for a gym membership). My favorite exercise is walking, and I'm taking line dance classes... I never would have thought I'd get so sweating line dancing. I live in Southern California just 15 minutes from Disneyland and 3 miles from Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Sylvia. I am a stay home mom to two totally rambunctious kiddos. This is my second term here and I am sort of a challenge geek. I'm seriously in too many to count ha. But, this is by far one of my favorites.

I have several favorite ways to exercise. I really enjoy running. Although, kickboxing is probably my all time favorite exercise followed only by dancing, including but not limited to zumba, barre, hip hop, burlesque, ballroom, twist, jazz, and salsa. I just love dancing. I also like strength training, lifting weights, swimming, and yoga.

As far as where I'm from, I live in North Georgia, very close to TN. I am in a small valley surrounded by tons of moutains. It is really beautiful here. I'm in the country but enjoy a small drive to get to the city and all the events and excitement it presents. There is a ton to do here, whether you enjoy shows at the theater, walking downtown through the lights and crowd, or just something more quiet; like a hike in the national park or a swim in the river. It really is the best of both worlds here.

I'm glad to be back and look forward to meeting everyone and helping our team come in number one in this race! You won't fail as long as you keep trying!

For those who would like to see... Here are some photos from around where I live. As I say, a great mix or city/country living.
    q5ys375v0gqm.jpg
    qcv3mgfhpl07.jpg
    wkjjwlo3oaxs.jpg
    hha4r1tz5qsy.jpg
    dsscx6sofjpm.jpg
    9adjq3li0au9.jpg
    5aoql36pnnj3.jpgu3jxt900rms0.jpg
    ci7pai9vnsyq.jpg
    cy1rway38pid.jpg
    yvzzs9w5f9fu.jpg
    kppz8ep1xc2n.jpg
    3aud0htepxfd.jpg
    uixwsd5yhaeg.jpg
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Hi Team :) Nice to meet everyone! Thank you for the friend requests, I will send the remaining of our team soon.

@jdelaroy It does get mighty hot here. You would never know that by the chilly/ wet winter we are having. A question on exercise mins.. ?? "Purposefully done for exercise".. does that include a brisk walk around the yard with your pups, mall walking and gardening/ yardwork? They are not the same as say walking on the treadmill, strength training or biking but are in a different form ...mainly for enjoyment and any health benefit of doing is a plus. Thanks!

• ayreka7
    ayreka7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello Team 6!! My name is Erica and this is my first Amazing Race and I'm ready to go! I'm from a small MA town just south of Springfield. It's a little country town with some small mountains around it. I have two girls, 9 and 2 who keep me busy. For workouts I do a combo of P90x, Turbofire, and Zumba. I also like to walk and hike when the weather is nice. Looking forward to this race! Good luck everyone!
  • azsundancer
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Team! I've sent the rest of the friend requests.

qukqqp00j9gq.png
  • tracylea2003
    tracylea2003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tracy and this is my first challenge. I am from Melfort, Saskatchewan Canada and myfavorite way to exercise is by running.

I am a grade 5 teacher and also sell Color By Amber Jewelry on the side.

I live on a small acreage just outside of Melfort with 2 of my 4 children and my husband. We have 3 fur babies also-2dogs and one cat. We are currently getting dumped on by snow but with mild temperatures
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    1. NAME: Alisa

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Hiking

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) AND Salt Lake, Utah

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE: In a subdivision, away from downtown, close enough to the mountains to enjoy them every day.....except when we are bombarded with snow and the temp is frigid. Last time I checked there is a 113 inch base of snow on my hiking trails. . :(

z0r75kflm4r5.jpeg
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting the videos complete tomorrow, :)
  • Rachelerik
    Options
    Just realized I didn't fully complete the challenge.. my name is Rachel, and my fur baby died unexpectedly December 19th. We'll be looking for a new dog in June.
  • Rachelerik
    Options
    Maalea wrote: »
    Hi all!
    I am Malea (short for Michaela). I am from Austria, and I live in Vienna. Please don't confuse Austria with Australia - we do not have any kangaroos (except in the zoo). Even the post office is said to sometimes send letters to the wrong continent...

dgicoa8tmp9j.jpg

I love it here, Vienna offers a great mix of culture (especially music), it has many parks and it doesn't take long to get out of the city to the surrounding hills or the floodplains of the Danube with the national park - both are great areas to hike.
    Hiking is also my favorite exercise, I love to go on trekking tours in my vacation. Other favorites are walking and riding the bike.

I was part of this challenge the last term, but had to drop out because I caught a nasty cold/bronchitis and had to stay in bed for three weeks. I am determined to stay until the end of the challenge this time! B)

My river cruise stops in Vienna for the day on April 23. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful city!