January 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    I'm committed to going an extra mile for Dave this month. Post here if you're in.

Awesome idea Janet! I'm in!!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I'm committed to going an extra mile for Dave this month. Post here if you're in.

Please I am in!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    No miles yesterday but I kicked @SS at fitness class. Did 2 back to back classes. Rode 11 on ex bike after work today.

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,352 Member
    Options

I am past goal but will definitely go an extra on my last push. I will pocket extra miles for the end of the month and if he needs them donate and if not just add them to my own. I know that exercise and routine can help get over rough times but just wanted to make sure he was covered for the month.

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,352 Member
    Options
    Jan. 25: Adding 12.09 miles of walking 6.09 miles and cycling 6 miles
    TTD: 274.05 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options

I am in. I will throw an extra session in for Dave!
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    I have had a wound on my right shoulder from my original cycling accident 18 months ago. Finally I was referred out to a dermatologist because my primary couldn't figure it out. Well the derma told me that I am probably headed to a plastic surgeon for a skin graft to repair that. Oh goodie :(:(:(:( Well at least the biopsy was negative

01/22 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (another depressed day, just mindless pedaling)
    01/23 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    01/24 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (needed to blow off steam and stress)
    01/25 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (biopsy negative)
    01/25 - 01.0 miles walk

Total: 430.0 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 8 miles for 71 out of 200.

Adding 19 miles for 90 out of 200.

Adding 13 miles for 103 out of 200

Adding 13 miles for 116 out of 200

Adding 9 miles for 225 out of 200

Adding 20 miles for 145 out of 200. :-) Thanks for catching that Dave. :smile:

Adding 24 miles for 170 out of 200.

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    =============================
    ... Besides, he may want to get on the bike and blow off some steam when he returns, making goal all by himself. This is more a question of how we can best show him some big MYAC love!!! Last month we had 24 people make goal. So I'm thinking that maybe what we should do is everyone who is committed to showing Dave some love, post that you will go one extra mile this month just for him. That way he'll know you are thinking of him. Sound good?

I know I would want to blow off some stress. With only 22 miles to go, He can pound that out this weekend. I'll commit to the extra mile as well.
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.42 miles today.
    45.49/60 total miles
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1/25 - 2.33 miles walking
    Total for month - 66.57 of 155 miles
    I won't make goal this month, but I'm in for an extra mile for Dave if you will allow. I commit to an afternoon walk today, in spite of whatever weather we are having (wind gusts are expected, but temps of 48 ish). At work I usually only have time (or is it desire?) for one walk, a mile on morning break, but I'll go for 2 walks today ☺ anything for Dave. Janet, this was a lovely idea
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Janet, I love the idea of an extra mile too. I'm finally going to reach goal after a number of tough months, but this is the kick I need to get out there today regardless of the weather (I've become a wimp this January :/ )

Added 6.75 miles for a January total of 62.25 miles

exercise.png

Janet, thanks for keeping us updated. I miss seeing Dave here, but I know he needs this time. Still sending lots of hugs and prayers his way.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm committing an extra mile to Dave!!

01/23 - 6.69 miles
    01/24 - 6.81 miles
    01/25 - 3.09 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fine Thursday

Chris
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I'm in!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I have had a wound on my right shoulder from my original cycling accident 18 months ago. Finally I was referred out to a dermatologist because my primary couldn't figure it out. Well the derma told me that I am probably headed to a plastic surgeon for a skin graft to repair that. Oh goodie :(:(:(:( Well at least the biopsy was negative

I have a spot on my knee that hasn't healed well from a fall running last May. I should probably have that looked at. :s

Yay for negative!
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.0 miles

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    New ttd 97.5 miles think I made goal
    Very happy to donate a mile to Dave
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the extra mile for Dave and his Dad. I changed my ticker to show it as well.

Adding 5.75 miles. I enrolled in a study at the hospital that wants to research body composition and probiotic usage in women who do shift work, and part of the initial tests involved walking on a treadmill while they slowly upped the incline. I got all the way to the 15% incline that the machine maxes out on, glad it couldn't go higher.

Also ran a few miles on the treadmill at the gym afterwards. Now I'm taking my book outside to read on this gorgeous afternoon

exercise.png

• azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    January 25 6.81

MTD 144.93/ Goal 140 miles

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.